ADVERTISEMENT

Gracie Allen returning to Duke per Gary Parrish

Do you just write stuff and then not remember it two seconds later? Let me help you:

" Also, get back to us when Duke has a guy under 6 foot tall get drafted after two years in college. :victory:"

So, that inch or so is what you are hanging your hat on?
Well, maybe two inches. You know, considering Tyus is actually 6'1" and all. o_O

@TheDude1 you have a response to my above rant about Gracie being a piece of shit and your fanbase absolutely gushing over his return? You know, the post about how K tried to correct an opposing player in the ****ing handshake line, after one of his players (Gracie) acted like a straight up punk bitch the entire season with no repercussions?! Then flat out lied on national television regarding the incident. Only to admit to it the next day, after he KNEW the audio picked it up?! I'll wait....:popcorn:

@TheDude1 you have a response to my above rant about Gracie being a piece of shit and your fanbase absolutely gushing over his return? You know, the post about how K tried to correct an opposing player in the ****ing handshake line, after one of his players (Gracie) acted like a straight up punk bitch the entire season with no repercussions?!

Sure.

I sort of agree about Allen, although not to the degree of saying he is a piece of shit... I save that for guys like Aaron Hernandez. Allens immaturity really, really bothers me. I am glad he is back, because A) he is a good ball player, but more importantly B) I am really REALLY hoping he can show that he has matured, because that will be good for him on a level that is more important than basketball. If, heaven forbid, he does yet another dumb, immature, bitchy thing I'd be totally goddamn done with him. Fingers crossed he grows up and gets on the right path... lots of college kids grow up, and I hope he is one of them.

And you are NUTS to think Cal, of ALL COACHES, would wash his hands of a kid. Cal is a "player's coach," right? No WAY would he just give up completely on a kid who dedicated himself to Cal and UK because the kid tripped a few folks. That's lunacy. Like any mature adult who took that parent-like responsibility for a teenager on their first time away from home, I would expect he would stick with him through thick and thin. That's what people do; you stick with the people you care about and are responsible for, even when they do dumb stuff... and being a tripping idiot isn't some mortal sin.

As for K correcting someone on a handshake line, eh, didn't love it, but also didn't think it was some huge sign of some terrible whatever. Not sure what sort of repercussions there would be for something like that?

Sure.

I sort of agree about Allen, although not to the degree of saying he is a piece of shit... I save that for guys like Aaron Hernandez. Allens immaturity really, really bothers me. I am glad he is back, because A) he is a good ball player, but more importantly B) I am really REALLY hoping he can show that he has matured, because that will be good for him on a level that is more important than basketball. If, heaven forbid, he does yet another dumb, immature, bitchy thing I'd be totally goddamn done with him. Fingers crossed he grows up and gets on the right path... lots of college kids grow up, and I hope he is one of them.

As for K correcting someone on a handshake line, eh, didn't love it, but also didn't think it was some huge sign of some terrible whatever. Not sure what sort of repercussions there would be for something like that?
I meant repercussions about Gracie acting like a total ass, not K. Dude is a good ball player, but he's a complete clown. Btw, there are no repercussions for K. Dude is untouchable in the media. Serious question: if you can see all this, why the hell are you a fan? Ahhh, that's right, you attended The University of Duke. Wait, did I say that right? Ever since Bolden announced, it's been stuck in my head. Sorry.

I meant repercussions about Gracie acting like a total ass, not K. Dude is a good ball player, but he's a complete clown. Btw, there are no repercussions for K. Dude is untouchable in the media. Serious question: if you can see all this, why the hell are you a fan? Ahhh, that's right, you attended The University of Duke. Wait, did I say that right? Ever since Bolden announced, it's been stuck in my head. Sorry.

Yeah, that was dick; have to imagine Bolden did it on purpose. Not sure how I feel about Marques. Glad he stayed, hoping we actually get to see him a bit and see how things go... he was always super super quiet and unemotional on the sidelines, and that isn't easy to connect with, as a fan.

Oh, thought you meant K. Eh, Allen got suspended (not for long enough IMO, but since K was going out I understood why he didn't want to leave that on Capel's lap) but far more importantly got his captaincy stripped. You might laugh at that, but ask ANY athlete... if you were captain of your team, one of the highest profile teams in the sport, and got stripped of it? ****, I would curl up and DIE if that had happened to me.

Listen, at the end of the day, you don't want to give up on your kids. Did you give up on Terrence Jones when he wacked that homeless guy, and say "Oh what a piece of SHIT!" Or did you say "****, that was SO dumb. I hope he gets his head screwed on right, because he is clearly in a bad place." Most people root for their guys to get it together when they don't have it together.

K isn't untouchable. That's retarded. He got CRUCIFIED for the Brooks thing, and HAMMERED for how he handled Allen. You are seeing things from such a slanted perspective...

Last edited:
Media articles isn't exactly "CRUCIFIED!!!" and "HAMMERED!!"".

That was a 4 out of 10. Imagine if any other coach did that.. imagine if Calipari did that..

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Yeah, that was dick; have to imagine Bolden did it on purpose. Not sure how I feel about Marques. Glad he stayed, hoping we actually get to see him a bit and see how things go... he was always super super quiet and unemotional on the sidelines, and that isn't easy to connect with, as a fan.

Oh, thought you meant K. Eh, Allen got suspended (not for long enough IMO, but since K was going out I understood why he didn't want to leave that on Capel's lap) but far more importantly got his captaincy stripped. You might laugh at that, but ask ANY athlete... if you were captain of your team, one of the highest profile teams in the sport, and got stripped of it? ****, I would curl up and DIE if that had happened to me.

Listen, at the end of the day, you don't want to give up on your kids. Did you give up on Terrence Jones when he wacked that homeless guy, and say "Oh what a piece of SHIT!" Or did you say "****, that was SO dumb. I hope he gets his head screwed on right, because he is clearly in a bad place." Most people root for their guys to get it together when they don't have it together.

K isn't untouchable. That's retarded. He got CRUCIFIED for the Brooks thing, and HAMMERED for how he handled Allen. You are seeing things from such a slanted perspective...
Crucified for the Brooks thing? Hammered for the Allen deal? Meh. I'll ask this question: do you think it would've been any different if it were Cal that did that, instead of K? Rhetorical question.

DRAFTS ago) is over six foot somehow makes that huge of a difference in how coaches develop players? Get back to me when Duke takes two top six players and they not only stay multiple years, but don't make it to the league" game. How about: "get back to us when UK develops a guy who was ranked in the 80s into an NBA starter?

I don't feel like looking it up but what Duke player ranked in the 80s is now an NBA starter? Also what two top six ranked UK players didn't play in the league?

I don't feel like looking it up but what Duke player ranked in the 80s is now an NBA starter? Also what two top six ranked UK players didn't play in the league?

Miles Plumlee.

And sorry, I got that UK one wrong... Was talking about the twins, and thinking "not in the league," but Andrew is still in the league. My bad.

Hey man, I try to stay pretty even keel. I am quick to shoot down something I think is dumb, even if it isn't great for Duke or is good for UK. I love a lot of the kids who have come through UK, feel like Cal is doing a great job, and that you guys are the best program in history. But Christ almighty, there is this select group of angry haters who just have an issue no matter what you say, you know?

Miles Plumlee.

And sorry, I got that UK one wrong... Was talking about the twins, and thinking "not in the league," but Andrew is still in the league. My bad.

Hey man, I try to stay pretty even keel. I am quick to shoot down something I think is dumb, even if it isn't great for Duke or is good for UK. I love a lot of the kids who have come through UK, feel like Cal is doing a great job, and that you guys are the best program in history. But Christ almighty, there is this select group of angry haters who just have an issue no matter what you say, you know?

Stephen Curry was rated even lower than Plumlee, so that's not exactly a huge deal.

Aaron Harrison made it to the NBA as well. He has been in and out of the league though. Miles Plumlee started for the Suns his second season in the league but he is far from a starter now. Thanks for the info. I was just being lazy and didn't feel like looking it up.

Kennard faded? What exactly did Allen and Jackson do?
You guys beat UNC and won the ACCT, who faded?
So because a defensive team from the SEC mauled your team, you think it was because Luke faded?
Whatever helps you sleep at night. Kennard was your biggest offensive weapon, but when the game got rough and the refs let the players decide the game, your whole team collapsed.
I see the same thing happening next season. Same coach, fewer weapons and no Bulldog in the rotation to carry the team when it gets tough.
Good luck.
Allen and Jackson really stepped up towards the end of the season Jeff.

SC was very physical with Kennard so he had a terrible game that day like you said.

You're wrong about Duke having fewer options next year as Allen and Jackson will be major scorers and Wendell Carter will be a way better player than Giles or Bolden were for us last year.

I'm not sure what to expect from Bolden but there can only be improvement.

Gary Trent should be an impact player from Day 1 too.

Does Volume mean anything to you?
Jackson shot enough 3 pointers for Duke this past year where I'm confident he would shoot 40% if he were to attempt 100 more 3s.

Monk was either JJ Redick one game or completely faded away in another. Freshmen are usually inconsistent though.

Allen and Jackson really stepped up towards the end of the season Jeff.

SC was very physical with Kennard so he had a terrible game that day like you said.

You're wrong about Duke having fewer options next year as Allen and Jackson will be major scorers and Wendell Carter will be a way better player than Giles or Bolden were for us last year.

I'm not sure what to expect from Bolden but there can only be improvement.

Gary Trent should be an impact player from Day 1 too.

Jackson shot enough 3 pointers for Duke this past year where I'm confident he would shoot 40% if he were to attempt 100 more 3s.

Monk was either JJ Redick one game or completely faded away in another. Freshmen are usually inconsistent though.
You're forgetting that most were labeling duke 2017 as a better team than UK 2015, you guys had weapons all over the floor, inside and out…………. But you disagree with me when I state that Duke will have fewer options in 2018?
I made the volume comment because you tried to compare Jackson to Monk, I think you get it, but your response doesn't seem to fit any kind of fitting response.

Last edited:
You're forgetting that most were labeling duke 2017 as a better team than UK 2015, you guys had weapons all over the floor, inside and out…………. But you disagree with me when I state that Duke will have fewer options in 2018?
I made the volumn comment because you tried to compare Jackson to Monk, I think you get it, but your response doesn't seem to fit any kind of fitting response.
Reality didn't meet expectations since Giles and Bolden turned out to be busts due to their injuries. Half the team was injured to start the season.

Reality didn't meet expectations since Giles and Bolden turned out to be busts due to their injuries. Half the team was injured to start the season.
That didn't stop all the propaganda from your boys on the ESPN gameday set.
Also, according to all the duke fans and experts, Duke was the best team in the nation going into the tournament. Most analysts had Duke v UNC*** in the title game. The "our guys were hurt" excuse went out the window in February, ya gotta stop using that.
So is that what we are blaming Bolden's awful play on? His early leg injury? He showed that he couldn't walk and chew gum at the same time.
I just don't see the studs in duke's lineup next year, I know you're a fan, but reality has to set in at some point.

krzyzewski haughtily lectured an opposing player after the game, lied about it, called the kid a liar, and haughtily lectured the reporter for even asking about it

the media basically apologized for covering it, always including the disclaimer that that krzyzewski has always been 'classy' which has always been completely unfounded

he's a vindictive phony out for himself. he's a right-winger who is willing to pretend to be for trans people just so he can play tournament games in his home state

Sure.

And you are NUTS to think Cal, of ALL COACHES, would wash his hands of a kid. Cal is a "player's coach," right? No WAY would he just give up completely on a kid who dedicated himself to Cal and UK because the kid tripped a few folks. That's lunacy. Like any mature adult who took that parent-like responsibility for a teenager on their first time away from home, I would expect he would stick with him through thick and thin. That's what people do; you stick with the people you care about and are responsible for, even when they do dumb stuff... and being a tripping idiot isn't some mortal sin.

It just showed how full of shit coach K really is. He tells his players to kick, fall, roll, cry, and slap the floor during a huge lead to run it in a little more. He's a pos. And the instance cowtown is talking about SHOWED his true self absorbed mentality. And he LIED about the whole thing. Don't you get that?

My players can be the biggest punks on the court, but your guys better not even celebrate when we lose.

krzyzewski haughtily lectured an opposing player after the game, lied about it, called the kid a liar, and haughtily lectured the reporter for even asking about it

the media basically apologized for covering it, always including the disclaimer that that krzyzewski has always been 'classy' which has always been completely unfounded

he's a vindictive phony out for himself. he's a right-winger who is willing to pretend to be for trans people just so he can play tournament games in his home state
I just think K has stayed in it too long, yes, the last 2 titles were great, but the game has changed, there's social media and I just think this isn't what it used to be for him. He is past trying to prove himself and he wants to use his name as weight.
He's also very easily frustrated these days.

This.
It just showed how full of shit coach K really is. He tells his players to kick, fall, roll, cry, and slap the floor during a huge lead to run it in a little more. He's a pos. And the instance cowtown is talking about SHOWED his true self absorbed mentality. And he LIED about the whole thing. Don't you get that?

My players can be the biggest punks on the court, but your guys better not even celebrate when we lose.
And this.

It looks as if the spin doctor, @TheDude1, is outta spins. [laughing]

I have been giving this some thought and I actually want splinter to hang around a couple more years. With what it takes to recruit this one and done era it is really showing the last couple years his true colors and what a piece of shit that phony bastard is. He, capel and gracie are going to give us more ammunition next year. Cant wait.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT