ADVERTISEMENT

Gracie Allen returning to Duke per Gary Parrish

Unless Frank got better lateral quickness and learned to shoot he won't. Kennard and Allan could always shoot. Neither Allan or Kennard got better defensively. They simply learned about shot selection and how to move to get better shots to use their already existing shot.
Uhh what? Frank is very explosive and a good 3 point shooter.

He shot the ball from 3 nearly as well as Malik Monk last year.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/malik-monk-1.html
http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/frank-jackson-2.html

Jackson: 39.2%
Monk: 39.7%

Uhhh...? Going back to 2008 on Rivals...

Kyrie, Top Ten, OAD
Austin, Top Ten, OAD
Jabari, Top Ten, OAD
Jah, Top Ten, OAD
Tyus, Top Ten, OAD
Ingram, Top Ten, OAD
Giles, Top Ten, OAD
Tatum, Top Ten, OAD

Not one guy who was top ten and stayed more than a year. Silents, it is like you literally make stuff up. I get that you really hate Duke and hate K, but you should at least be somewhat truthful, no?

Top Ten guys will usually be OAD in today's day and age, no matter where they go to school. Sure, a few here and there might not turn out to be as good as anticipated against better competition and thus stay longer (especially in the bottom half of the top 10) but the list of Top Ten guys who don't go after one year is really, really short.

And yeah. South Carolina, a team that made the Final Four and nearly made the national title game, wasn't very good, and were basically the same as the team that went 26-11. Sure. The team clearly just stayed the same.

:flushed:
Last year's class was loaded and Bolden in the last rankings was either top 10 or real close meaning in most classes he would be top 10. Frank Jackson was top 10. So you guys got 40 percent of the top 10 one of the 4 guys you got this year lived up to their hype. 3 other guys had to come back or saw their draft stock fall by double digits. So you guys are actually bucking the average. Great argument

You mean the guy that's kicking Cal's butt in recruiting ever since Antigua left town?

Yes please, give me Capel all day.
Lol omg did he? Last 3 recruiting classes ranked higher by uk and please please use ESPN as an example who didn't count Jamal Murray 2 years ago. Bolden jumped about 10 spots in the rankings last year because of the low class shit Capel had him do. Name one guy UK was seriously after besides Bolden he has beat us out on and we got the last laugh there cause pretty much every fresh big in the country in the top 50 outplayed him.

You mean the guy that's kicking Cal's butt in recruiting ever since Antigua left town?

Kicking his butt? Cal has been 1 or 2 every single year he's been at UK. And Cal gets it done without getting into the muck and mire like Capel.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Last year's class was loaded and Bolden in the last rankings was either top 10 or real close meaning in most classes he would be top 10. Frank Jackson was top 10. So you guys got 40 percent of the top 10 one of the 4 guys you got this year lived up to their hype. 3 other guys had to come back or saw their draft stock fall by double digits. So you guys are actually bucking the average. Great argument

But you are wrong. Like... factually wrong.

Frank Jackson was RSCI 14th.

Marques Bolden was RSCI 11th.

So. Silents made some comment about K taking top ten guys and making them multi year guys, implying this was something he regularly did or something. As I said, since roughly 2008, Duke has not had a single Top 10 guy who stayed more than one year. Not one.

I don't get how people just ignore facts because they want a narrative to be true so desperately. "It was a strong class, so someone who isn't top ten should count for a discussion of top ten!" Talk about reaching.

On another note, it is patently ridiculous to say that ANYONE is beating Cal in recruiting. Come on now. The BEST you can do is "as well."

I remember when Duke fans and UK fans would jabber about who won the last head to head, who had the series lead, who went further in the last dance, who had more titles and final 4s.

Now they argue about who's coach recruited the best class, how long the talent was on campus, and how quick they came off the draft board.

Well good news dukies and fellow cats fans, we can all sit and enjoy a drink together and laugh at ole daggum Roy. Silly old droopy dog falling behind the times with back to back title trips and no lottery picks...ha ha ha tarheels, uk and duke both will have two maybe three under classman picks before and old unc upperclassman with a ring gets picked...ha ha ha, take that tarholes...

Which is why every time he drives, he throws his head back like he's JFK.
That's why everytime I see him drive I'm yelling at the TV, "leave him alone, don't foul". If you don't overreact to him he will make about 2 or 3 out of 10 of those. That's only two or three tough twos as opposed to making 1 plus 8 free throws for 10 points. So I'd overguard him on the three point line and force him to drive all day.

Last edited:

So. Silents made some comment about K taking top ten guys and making them multi year guys, implying this was something he regularly did or something. As I said, since roughly 2008, Duke has not had a single Top 10 guy who stayed more than one year. Not one."

Ok, I used a little poetic license, but not much. ESPN had Jeter at 11, and Jackson at 10. There's two, and I didn't say it was a trend or anything. Simply said K had that ability. And while Jeter doesn't technically qualify. Jackson does, so your "not one" is incorrect.

Ok, I used a little poetic license, but not much. ESPN had Jeter at 11, and Jackson at 10. There's two, and I didn't say it was a trend or anything. Simply said K had that ability. And while Jeter doesn't technically qualify. Jackson does, so your "not one" is incorrect.

His RSCI ranking is not top 10. Neither was his Rivals. Neither was his Scout... in fact, with Scout (which is a bit better than ESPN) he was 18th.

And the thing is... start looking at top tens in general. Does K keep top ten players more than other coaches? No. In fact, even if you DO include Jackson, he has kept a grand total of ONE over the last decade or so. Do you think that constitutes some sort of trend, like Silents was hinting at? No. In fact, Cal has kept more top 10 guys than K in that time. So this sort of silly narrative, that K is some terrible developer of top ten talent, is just BS.

His RSCI ranking is not top 10. Neither was his Rivals. Neither was his Scout... in fact, with Scout (which is a bit better than ESPN) he was 18th.

And the thing is... start looking at top tens in general. Does K keep top ten players more than other coaches? No. In fact, even if you DO include Jackson, he has kept a grand total of ONE over the last decade or so. Do you think that constitutes some sort of trend, like Silents was hinting at? No. In fact, Cal has kept more top 10 guys than K in that time. So this sort of silly narrative, that K is some terrible developer of top ten talent, is just BS.

I don't think the knock has ever been that K is a bad developer of talent, and I certainly did not suggest that. It's not a leap to believe, as many do. that he does cultivate an atmosphere that encourages staying at Duke more than one year. Nothing wrong with that, as long as you aren't giving the kid bad information or skewing the information to favor coming back. I think Pitino definitely does that, and suspect K does as well. I'm sure you don't agree though.

I don't think the knock has ever been that K is a bad developer of talent, and I certainly did not suggest that. It's not a leap to believe, as many do. that he does cultivate an atmosphere that encourages staying at Duke more than one year. Nothing wrong with that, as long as you aren't giving the kid bad information or skewing the information to favor coming back. I think Pitino definitely does that, and suspect K does as well. I'm sure you don't agree though.

Hm, no, I don't think K gives kids bad information or skews information. That would be pretty bad to do. I think these coaches have really tight, personal relationships with these kids, much like the relationships between teacher and student, and relationships that are SO much more intense and personal, given that the kids are A) with the programs all the time and B) away from home and C) have often known the coaches for years and years. I don't think many coaches at ALL purposefully give kids bad information or anything to make them stay; I think the coaches generally care about their kids.

I took your post to imply that K traditionally kept top 10 guys.

I don't think K cultivates an atmosphere that keeps guys who are obvious OADs longer than most other coaches. I think K's habit of playing a SUPER short bench DOES result in some kids staying a bit longer than they might at some places, because they simply don't get as much time as some other coaches might give... Cal and Roy are both guys who are rather even-handed with minutes. K isn't, and has a very short leash, so that doesn't help. I am not privy to the insider workings of the program, so I can't really speak with any authority beyond that.

The dude guy is a flat idiot.

It doesn't matter what they were ranked coming in, and K DOES try and get OAD's to return he just can't. He was FULL COURT PRESS to get Parker to come back.

What really matters is what happens to his first round picks like Allen? They blow their entire damn stock while K makes his millions. That's the story.

Take that stupid "not one top 10 returned" bs and shove it. That's half the story.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Round of 32.

One of the biggest disappointments in college basketball history. The media and the idiotic Duke fans pumped so many rainbows up K's ass the team exploded before takeoff. And now? Any player who knows a damn is leaving that program while they still can. The recruits are buying in, for now, although they haven't landed anyone since half the team bailed..

Can you see the cliff? It's coming.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Round of 32.

One of the biggest disappointments in college basketball history. The media and the idiotic Duke fans pumped so many rainbows up K's ass the team exploded before takeoff. And now? Any player who knows a damn is leaving that program while they still can. The recruits are buying in, for now, although they haven't landed anyone since half the team bailed..

Can you see the cliff? It's coming.

Huh?

Yeah, disappointing season, for sure.

Everyone expected Duke to be good. Everyone. It wasn't just the media and Duke fans. That's painfully homerific. Biggest disappointment in college basketball history? A bit of hyperbole, I think. Sucked balls for a Duke fan, I'll tell you that.

Any player that knows a damn is leaving, except Grayson Allen and Frank Jackson and Marques Bolden and a ton of other talent. Who left? Oh, the two expected OADs (duh) a kid who was in the running for NPOY and who wasn't getting any taller or any faster (did YOU think he should stay?) and the third string backup center who likely wasn't seeing a lot of time behind two much better recruits. It happens.

Haven't landed anyone since half the team bailed? That was like three weeks ago. Chill. Duval seems Duke bound, and Knox is still in play... Duke has the last in-home, and we've done well with SF/PF hybrid types recently.

I don't get how a rival fan can get more worked up than an actual Duke fan about the future of Duke. That's strange.

Huh?

Everyone expected Duke to be good. Everyone. It wasn't just the media and Duke fans. That's painfully homerific. Biggest disappointment in college basketball history? A bit of hyperbole, I think. Sucked balls for a Duke fan, I'll tell you that.

Any player that knows a damn is leaving, except Grayson Allen and Frank Jackson and Marques Bolden and a ton of other talent. Who left? Oh, the two expected OADs (duh) a kid who was in the running for NPOY and who wasn't getting any taller or any faster (did YOU think he should stay?) and the third string backup center who likely wasn't seeing a lot of time behind two much better recruits. It happens.

Haven't landed anyone since half the team bailed? That was like three weeks ago. Chill. Duval seems Duke bound, and Knox is still in play... Duke has the last in-home, and we've done well with SF/PF hybrid types recently.

I don't get how a rival fan can get more worked up than an actual Duke fan about the future of Duke. That's strange.
I don't get how Douche Fans need to come over here to publicly go down on K and their team. Yes you LOVE Douche - have the decency to keep that public display to yourself and on your board. Again - there is not such thing as a good Douche poster on another team's board.

Huh?

You were talking about 40-0. The media couldn't get off their nuts.. 8 losses? Can't even get past the first weekend. What's a bigger disappointment? Some Kansas teams, maybe?

Jeter and Obi transferred, and they didn't have to think on it much. Bolden was REAL close to leaving. A ton of other talent than those three? Like who? And where was Grayson going?

There's clearly some bad vibes going on down at Duke. Kennard alluded to it.. Coach K's actions alluded to it. Players leaving as fast as possible show there's something going on.

So. Silents made some comment about K taking top ten guys and making them multi year guys, implying this was something he regularly did or something. As I said, since roughly 2008, Duke has not had a single Top 10 guy who stayed more than one year. Not one.

I don't get how people just ignore facts because they want a narrative to be true so desperately. "It was a strong class, so someone who isn't top ten should count for a discussion of top ten!" Talk about reaching.

On another note, it is patently ridiculous to say that ANYONE is beating Cal in recruiting. Come on now. The BEST you can do is "as well."
Lmao one of the strongest classes of all time the 11 and 14 ranked guys would a been top 10 any other year man let's be real. Ur trying to spin away. Truth is yes a good deal of top 10 players go pro but there is way more value in going to one school over another. Bolden was high as 7 in mock drafts and Giles lost millions off his first contract because of a selfish move. You have an assistant haveing to resort to hater tactics to recruit a head coach sticking his finger in ears and acting like he doesn't know about it. Your guards throw their heads back like they have been punched in the jaw when they drive the basket and your whole team is taught how to flop and a head coach who is aloud to verbably abuse refs to make sure the fake foul is called. Now where I come from if u have to act to try and draw fouls on ur opponents in order to gain an advantage it's cheating and admission you can't play straight up. There is good reason that a major NBA guy said the duke guys are not ready as most. Teach em to play defense instead of cheating that crap don't fly on the NBA. I bout half sure Tatum just said f it I am getting mine the last 15 games and went out and just did for him. I go to the main board and u guys talk down to everyone like Lance Thomas and Maggette didn't happen and a head coach who actually teaches techniques how to cheat I guarantee knew more and is way slimer than what you all say Cal is.

What Kennard gave us last year can be replaced with an improved Allen and Jackson this year. Luke kind of faded down the stretch to be honest and was a no show in the NCAAT.

His defense was so bad that it really hurt Duke's ability to play effective man-to-man.

Coach K can shit out top 10 offenses, I'd rather add key defensive pieces to surround Allen and Jackson along with a true PG in Duval.
Kennard faded? What exactly did Allen and Jackson do?
You guys beat UNC and won the ACCT, who faded?
So because a defensive team from the SEC mauled your team, you think it was because Luke faded?
Whatever helps you sleep at night. Kennard was your biggest offensive weapon, but when the game got rough and the refs let the players decide the game, your whole team collapsed.
I see the same thing happening next season. Same coach, fewer weapons and no Bulldog in the rotation to carry the team when it gets tough.
Good luck.

Huh?

Huh? Lmao no dude what is strange is a condescending know it all on our board running his mouth like fellow UK fan didn't clearly mean that the ride is about over. K is you guys legacy he is your Dynasty. He is the Alpha and omega. When he is gone you guys will be done! They are changing more and more rules and won't be long til flopping is a technical. The media has build K up to the point that you will never be able to bring a name coach in cause nobody will be dumb enough to follow K. So you guys will have to go the former players coach route. Which Carolina will tell you is a disaster. You guys don't have a former duke guy who already has proven he could do it on the grand stage like Roy had. Plus UNC was a blueblood it could recover off of name. Like I said Duke is K and K is Duke. You guys will hover around decent for a couple of seasons still able to get a recruit or two til the recruits figure out with out K it's a joke 5 years after K is gone the Duke basketball program will be a memory. I don't even think you guys get the respect UCLA got after wooden

That was like at the end of January, teams change each week in college basketball as young players mature and lineup changes are made.

Thornwell played like the best player in the country in March and Silva was a beast down low.

SCar was a top 5 team by the end of the season.
What you saw was a very physical team that was held down all conference season by the touch foul calling idiots that officiate SEC games. It took a hard nosed, tough team to beat them, which duke was not. UK would have handled them by making them foul, Duke wants to stand out on the perimeter and shoot threes, they are too much of finesse style team to hang with physical teams.

Huh? Lmao no dude what is strange is a condescending know it all on our board running his mouth like fellow UK fan didn't clearly mean that the ride is about over. K is you guys legacy he is your Dynasty. He is the Alpha and omega. When he is gone you guys will be done! They are changing more and more rules and won't be long til flopping is a technical. The media has build K up to the point that you will never be able to bring a name coach in cause nobody will be dumb enough to follow K. So you guys will have to go the former players coach route. Which Carolina will tell you is a disaster. You guys don't have a former duke guy who already has proven he could do it on the grand stage like Roy had. Plus UNC was a blueblood it could recover off of name. Like I said Duke is K and K is Duke. You guys will hover around decent for a couple of seasons still able to get a recruit or two til the recruits figure out with out K it's a joke 5 years after K is gone the Duke basketball program will be a memory. I don't even think you guys get the respect UCLA got after wooden
Chris Collins will be the next duke coach. He showed enough at Northwestern this year to win that job over a joke like Capel. He's also a K clone, or as close as you can get, but it won't be good enough, not by a longshot. All these fake duke fans will fall right off like it was never anything good anyway.

Well, you got em. Congrats. Let us know when you realize the tub of crap that he is. The rest of us saw it long ago.
When K isn't standing over his shoulder correcting his mistakes, he's going to look like the fool he is. But yeah, congrats.

Last edited:
Capel was already a questionmark.. In ability and morally.. He continues to be void in the latter.. And he proved this season that he doesn't really have the ability either.

Huh?

What if Duvall doesn't qualify and Knox goes elsewhere. How do you foresee next season going under that scenario?

splinter and fat ass capel are shitty people. 'Set for Life' - I still love that Hami gave us that recruiting nugget. That arrogant piece of shit can crawl off to a hole never to be heard from again. Capel can take over and give us the meat sweats. That fat turd will take duke down and that will be a joy to watch.
Capel started in with negative recruiting towards Coach Cal and that was not smart. Cal is about to take this shit to another level and step on those cockroaches.

Duke lost to a Final 4 team in their backyard in Greenville, SC. That's not a bad loss, just a tough one.

Clearly the SC team that played in the NCAAT was much better than the one that showed up at the end of the SEC season. If UK had played them in South Carolina, they could have very well lost too.
This coming from a school that has played in Greensboro for years. I almost coughed up a lung. A team that struggled to score all year hung 65 on Coach K's top 10 defense. You can't blame all of that on the gym.

Dear Dukies,

Get back to us when Duke develops 4 star players into lottery picks in one season. Or when Duke takes a guy that was ranked #9 in his class and goes #1 in the draft in the same year. Also, get back to us when Duke has a guy under 6 foot tall get drafted after two years in college. :victory:

P.S.: Y'all never were and never will be the program UK is. Even with all the biased seeding and officiating y'all receive, you're still way behind. If Duke was located in Kentucky, we'd refer to y'all as Lil Bro. Just sayin'. [laughing]

Last edited:
Dear Dukies,

Get back to us when Duke develops 4 star players into lottery picks in one season. Or when Duke takes a guy that was ranked #9 in his class and goes #1 in the draft in the same year. Also, get back to us when Duke has a guy under 6 foot tall get drafted after two years in college. :victory:

P.S.: Y'all never were and never will be the program UK is. Even with all the biased seeding and officiating y'all receive, you're still way behind. If Duke was located in Kentucky, we'd refer to y'all as Lil Bro.

Come on now. Are you really getting into the "Get back to me" game? You think the one inch that Tyus Jones (who got drafted after a single year just TWO DRAFTS ago) is over six foot somehow makes that huge of a difference in how coaches develop players? Great, Devin Booker was underrated in high school... the same way that the twins were overrated, right? Otherwise we are faced with the "Get back to me when Duke takes two top six players and they not only stay multiple years, but don't make it to the league" game. How about: "get back to us when UK develops a guy who was ranked in the 80s into an NBA starter?"

God forbid we just say "Damn, Cal has had unprecedented success, and churned out lots of great players. Then again, so has Coach K." Always with this aggressive, spinning, cherry picking, insecure nonsense.

And I agree, I doubt Duke will ever be the program UK is. Would take decades and decades to catch up. Not so sure about Lil Bro, though;)

Saltly like a soft pretzel... and I am sure some of the responses will even more salty. "Shut up, Dukie, with your facts and your 'spin!' Go back to your home board!" God forbid you sling crap and someone actually RESPONDS with facts and a bit of spice (although without being insulting or lying) amirite?

Hey, I am sure some UK fans won't be thin skinned and get all bent out of shape.

Duke's fanbase is disgusting. Y'all celebrating Gracie's return like he's your saviour and some kind of stand up guy. Dude is a straight up piece of shit. I'd be embarrassed to have a kid like that with KENTUCKY across his chest. Difference is, Cal would've washed his hands and let that piece of shit go on down the road a long time ago. Your coach?! Lmao sits him one game over three tripping incidents spanning two ****ing seasons. The cherry on top was when K tried to clean out Oregon and Brooks' closet before cleaning his own with poor lil Gracie. **** y'all and your fly by night program. :thumbsdown:

Come on now. Are you really getting into the "Get back to me" game? You think the one inch that Tyus Jones (who got drafted after a single year just TWO DRAFTS ago) is over six foot somehow makes that huge of a difference in how coaches develop players? Great, Devin Booker was underrated in high school... the same way that the twins were overrated, right? Otherwise we are faced with the "Get back to me when Duke takes two top six players and they not only stay multiple years, but don't make it to the league" game. How about: "get back to us when UK develops a guy who was ranked in the 80s into an NBA starter?"

God forbid we just say "Damn, Cal has had unprecedented success, and churned out lots of great players. Then again, so has Coach K." Always with this aggressive, spinning, cherry picking, insecure nonsense.

And I agree, I doubt Duke will ever be the program UK is. Would take decades and decades to catch up. Not so sure about Lil Bro, though;)

Saltly like a soft pretzel... and I am sure some of the responses will even more salty. "Shut up, Dukie, with your facts and your 'spin!' Go back to your home board!" God forbid you sling crap and someone actually RESPONDS with facts and a bit of spice (although without being insulting or lying) amirite?

Hey, I am sure some UK fans won't be thin skinned and get all bent out of shape.
Wtf are you talking about, one inch?! Tyler Ulis is 5-9 with shoes. Tyus Jones is 6 feet, plus. Doesn't require a Duke degree to know that's more than "one inch". Really?! [roll]

Wtf are you talking about, one inch?! Tyler Ulis is 5-9 with shoes. Tyus Jones is 6 feet, plus. Doesn't require a Duke degree to know that's more than "one inch". Really?! [roll]

Do you just write stuff and then not remember it two seconds later? Let me help you:

" Also, get back to us when Duke has a guy under 6 foot tall get drafted after two years in college. :victory:"

So, that inch or so is what you are hanging your hat on?

That's funny because that sounds exactly like what YOU do. Pot, I wanna introduce you to kettle. Got any cherry picked timelines you wanna spin? Duke fans are fantastic with timelines. [pfftt]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT