ADVERTISEMENT

Got to wait a little longer on big Z

Even if Cal himself is a person's source, your still not going to be right 100% of the time. People don't like to hear it, but most things are fluid. Cal calls the NCAA compliance office. "What's Bis Z's status looking like today?.. Well Coach Cal, if everything we have is true, we should have him cleared in 4 days." Cal then tells people Z will be cleared in 4 days. 5 days go bye, Z is not cleared, and Cal calls again. "Yeah Coach Cal, we found some new stuff we have to check out, get back with us in a couple days"

Was the the "insider" wrong because it did not happen in 4 days, yes, but not because the info was bad. It was correct at the time, but the situation was fluid. Why anytime I try and pass info I get, I always try and qualify it with, what I am hearing at this time, or ect.
You are exactly right. How many times has Cal been wrong about when guys were going to play?

Lil Yachty Drake GIF by hamlet

Reactions: BBUK
It was a mix-up at first it was reported that he was cleared which was related to me cleared by the NCAA but as it turns out he was cleared by the NCAA to practice. I took it down when it was suggested I do so not understanding at the time why I should but later on it became clear much to my dismay.
Thanks Dave for the clarification. Hope he gets eligible... not just for UK, but for him.

Even if Cal himself is a person's source, your still not going to be right 100% of the time. People don't like to hear it, but most things are fluid. Cal calls the NCAA compliance office. "What's Bis Z's status looking like today?.. Well Coach Cal, if everything we have is true, we should have him cleared in 4 days." Cal then tells people Z will be cleared in 4 days. 5 days go bye, Z is not cleared, and Cal calls again. "Yeah Coach Cal, we found some new stuff we have to check out, get back with us in a couple days"

Was the the "insider" wrong because it did not happen in 4 days, yes, but not because the info was bad. It was correct at the time, but the situation was fluid. Why anytime I try and pass info I get, I always try and qualify it with, what I am hearing at this time, or ect.
That is 100% correct. Many here will never be smart enough to figure this out.

That is 100% correct. Many here will never be smart enough to figure this out.
I agree things are fluid and change.

I also realize that if someone posts "inside scoop threads" and gets it wrong a bunch--I can't rely on their scoop. Maybe it truly is that things changed every time. It's just awfully convenient to be able to go out on a limb and then be able to use "things changed" every time you get it wrong.

I have no ill will towards anyone for posting what they're hearing or seeing from a source. I'm just not gonna put a lot of stock into it.

How many times have you had a friend tell you something and it turned out to be totally wrong? I appreciate the things Dave shares, when he was told it he took it for the truth. Shared it and it turned out wrong. Keep posting Dave, chit changes now and again and I understand that regardless what others think.

How many times have you had a friend tell you something and it turned out to be totally wrong? I appreciate the things Dave shares, when he was told it he took it for the truth. Shared it and it turned out wrong. Keep posting Dave, chit changes now and again and I understand that regardless what others think.
Sure.

If it happens a lot, I learn to take what that friend tells me with a grain of salt.

Reactions: NociHTTP
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT