ADVERTISEMENT

Good Thing Cal Didn’t Play Sharpe…

Why don't folks get it?? Sharpe and his people DO NOT WANT HIM PLAYING. And he won't be playing next year. It was NEVER going to happen. Let it go and move on. Sharpe used UK. Cal probably knew it was risky, but took a shot. I don't blame Cal, but he was lied to.
His ass is on the bench as a player and Cal is the coach. If coach tells player to go into the game and player says no. His ass needs sent home these kids today are too catered too. He came here to play basketball and if he doesn’t want to play basketball then take his ass home. I don’t give a shit what it does to us on getting recruits in the future. If they are like him we don’t want their asses anyway!

Look this was stated on this board in January as a probable scenario....

1. Wheeler's shooting woes can be a huge problem when the game becomes more half court sets.
2. Moving TyTY to PG would go along way to alleviate this problem and get Wheeler's minutes down below 20 mpg and space the floor even more....and I'd argue TyTY is a future PG moreso than SG...so it's better for him as well.
3. But when you move TyTy to PG....Grady can play SG but who plays SF...or vice versa. Hopkins isn't near ready for SF role. So the obvious person could have been Sharpe for 20mpg in either SG/SF role.

All that went down the toilet when Sharpe's bullcrap happened....so yes it is hurting the team he's not playing and will hurt next year's team when/if he doesnt' play that season. And that is a coaches job to manage the roster accordingly for betterment of UK....which Cal clearly does not do and I think it was worthy of removal from his job for another coaching ideology.

Look this was stated on this board in January as a probable scenario....

1. Wheeler's shooting woes can be a huge problem when the game becomes more half court sets.
2. Moving TyTY to PG would go along way to alleviate this problem and get Wheeler's minutes down below 20 mpg and space the floor even more....and I'd argue TyTY is a future PG moreso than SG...so it's better for him as well.
3. But when you move TyTy to PG....Grady can play SG but who plays SF...or vice versa. Hopkins isn't near ready for SF role. So the obvious person could have been Sharpe for 20mpg in either SG/SF role.

All that went down the toilet when Sharpe's bullcrap happened....so yes it is hurting the team he's not playing and will hurt next year's team when/if he doesnt' play that season. And that is a coaches job to manage the roster accordingly for betterment of UK....which Cal clearly does not do and I think it was worthy of removal from his job for another coaching ideology.
Good post, TYTY should be running the point at the end of games. Wheeler is good on D, I’m honestly not sure what do with him because he can’t shoot, but the ball should be in TYTY’s hands. Look at how horrible Mintz and Grady were yesterday and Sharpe is just sitting on the bench chilling.

I seriously just hope Sharpe spares us the “heartfelt message to the BBN” when he announces his intentions to enter the draft. The least he can do is spare us that.

I want to hear more from this brilliant friend of yours who actually bet you real money that no Sharpe threads would be posted on Rupp’s Rafters within an hour of a loss. I mean this guy must be a Mensa member. Does he post here?

His ass is on the bench as a player and Cal is the coach. If coach tells player to go into the game and player says no. His ass needs sent home these kids today are too catered too. He came here to play basketball and if he doesn’t want to play basketball then take his ass home. I don’t give a shit what it does to us on getting recruits in the future. If they are like him we don’t want their asses anyway!
100%

Nailed it

I want to hear more from this brilliant friend of yours who actually bet you real money that no Sharpe threads would be posted on Rupp’s Rafters within an hour of a loss. I mean this guy must be a Mensa member. Does he post here?
Why? Please get out of your mom's basement, take a walk, make some in-person friends. It will do you good

Why? Please get out of your mom's basement, talk a walk, make some in-person friends. It will do you good
I’m doing fine here buddy. Life is good. I’m drilling down on your comments about making money betting a friend that no Sharpe post would be made here within an hour of losing a game. You can either admit that you made that up thinking it would be funny or keep doubling down, lol

and hurt the team chemistry and throw off the momentum!

We’ve pretty much played like hot dogshit ever since he said Sharpe wasn’t playing.

What an idiot. So it’s Cal’s fault for our players not being able to hit the broad side of a barn yesterday, and Oscar fouling out? What a stupid post. Some of you fans are an embarrassment to the rest of us.

I’m doing fine here buddy. Life is good. I’m drilling down on your comments about making money betting a friend that no Sharpe post would be made here within an hour of losing a game. You can either admit that you made that up thinking it would be funny or keep doubling down, lol
Haha, doubling down. Is that what I'm doing? Or are you being an ass? Think about it

What an idiot. So it’s Cal’s fault for our players not being able to hit the broad side of a barn yesterday, and Oscar fouling out? What a stupid post. Some of you fans are an embarrassment to the rest of us.
I mean ultimately the buck does stop with the coach, one way or the other

Reactions: kywildcat41086
You guys are really pathetic you know. I can produce the person and give you his number, then you'd call him a liar and attack him. And why, because that is who you are. Miserable human beings that act like tough guys and truthsayers on an internet board.

You guys are really pathetic you know. I can produce the person and give you his number, then you'd call him a liar and attack him. And why, because that is who you are. Miserable human beings that act like tough guys and truthsayers on an internet board.
You started this whole thing, I just find it amusing. Will you start screaming you’re not suicidal next?

You’re getting way too aggressive about this. Surely he posts here if he bet you real money on this. Just share with us his screen name and let him tell us about this himself. Because he might’ve just made the dumbest bet in the history of gambling 😀

You’re getting way too aggressive about this. Surely he posts here if he bet you real money on this. Just share with us his screen name and let him tell us about this himself. Because he might’ve just made the dumbest bet in the history of gambling 😀
Why? You'll be a dumbass no matter what I do

Everyone saying they KNOW Sharpe will not play next year should self ban yourself if he does. No way anyone except his inner circle KNOWS anything even though they continue to insist he's playing here next year. We've never seen a situation like this. Hamidou was similar but was never projected as highly as Sharpe. Anyone blaming Cal for something that hasn't played out yet is showing their agenda because he's done nothing wrong. In no way has Sharpe hurt this team. I'm sure he has helped it just by practicing and if he plays next year this semester will be a great help to UKBB and him.

A few scenarios.....

If Sharpe bolts to the
league after this season....Cal / UK look like they were used. A means to an end.

If Sharpe comes back and plays like a star next season...the question will (obviously) be why wasn’t he good enough to help us out now? With our backcourt injuries..we needed all the help we could get this season.

I find it unlikely that (if?) he comes back for 22/23 and plays poorly, but ya never know.

If he plays at next year great.
If not then he will not be missed because he never plaled.

Sure he has ton of fault....it is never as simple as players play bad = players fault vs. players play good = coach credit

1. Why recruit no shoot PG to Ky?
2. Why do we hardly ever get a stretch 4/pF? Outside of Derek Willis and Kyle Wiltjer....we never line up good shooting PF
3. Are we really shocked when we run those goofy flare screens with Brooks and Oscar outside the paint...setting screens for guards that rarely end with open looks on wings? Why run ball screens for Wheeler when teams just simply duck under them and meet him at the paint...and dare him to shoot 3's or even 16 footers?

Coach has to get the players to stretch the floor along with schemes to get them better shots. I mean do you honestly feel like Grady had but maybe 1 good look from 3 the entire game. All the rest of his shots were falling away/contested, etc... We don't run good stuff for spacing the floor

Maybe most of the team returns and Sharpe stays to lead the team. Just wishing, you never know until it actually happens.

Everyone saying they KNOW Sharpe will not play next year should self ban yourself if he does. No way anyone except his inner circle KNOWS anything even though they continue to insist he's playing here next year. We've never seen a situation like this. Hamidou was similar but was never projected as highly as Sharpe. Anyone blaming Cal for something that hasn't played out yet is showing their agenda because he's done nothing wrong. In no way has Sharpe hurt this team. I'm sure he has helped it just by practicing and if he plays next year this semester will be a great help to UKBB and him.
Sure, I’ll ban myself if Sharpe plays here next year. Not sure what that’ll accomplish, but it’s a deal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT