ADVERTISEMENT

Good news starts at noon tomorrow...

Do you just tell Livingston early on he can not return? It certainly complicates getting his replacement to commit if he might return. I mean this as an honest question. What is the proper way to go about this?
You go after his replacement and make him earn his spot over his replacement. Like how it used to be. Or he can transfer after the season is over, if he doesn't like it.

You go after his replacement and make him earn his spot over his replacement. Like how it used to be. Or he can transfer after the season is over, if he doesn't like it.
That sounds good but doesn't answer the problem of getting his potential replacement to commit. I just don't think many high quality players at his position would sign on until they know he is gone. I agree it is all extremely frustrating but the solution is not simple at this point. Returning non draft underclassman is essential to escaping the cycle.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Do you just tell Livingston early on he can not return? It certainly complicates getting his replacement to commit if he might return. I mean this as an honest question. What is the proper way to go about this?
Chris was never coming back to UK. There isn't a soul on here that didn’t know that.

Klutch didn’t like how Chris was played here at UK (even though Cal catered to him) and they told Cal that. Cal knew he wasn't coming back and he knew it early on.

The only one worth waiting on, was Oscar, but I bet Cal knew a long time ago that Oscar was not coming back.

Exactly. It’s not like Chris was all that good anyway. He dictated what position he was going to play, he was a poor ball handler and he couldn't shoot. There's no way I would have saved his spot with him and his handlers acting like spoiled assholes.

Chris was never coming back to UK. There isn't a soul on here that didn’t know that.

Klutch didn’t like how Chris was played here at UK (even though Cal catered to him) and they told Cal that. Cal knew he wasn't coming back and he knew it early on.

The only one worth waiting on, was Oscar, but I bet Cal knew a long time ago that Oscar was not coming back.
Cal also had to beg him to stay mid-season. He almost pulled a Whitney.

That sounds good but doesn't answer the problem of getting his potential replacement to commit. I just don't think many high quality players at his position would sign on until they know he is gone. I agree it is all extremely frustrating but the solution is not simple at this point. Returning non draft underclassman is essential to escaping the cycle.
Nah, everyone knew Chris wasn't coming back, Cal could have easily proved to anyone that he knew Chris wasn't returning.

Reactions: chroix

and yet this clown coach let every decent player go elsewhere without even an attempt to land them.

Exactly. It’s not like Chris was all that good anyway. He dictated what position he was going to play, he was a poor ball handler and he couldn't shoot. There's no way I would have saved his spot with him and his handlers acting like spoiled assholes.
and this year will be a repeat with Bradshaw, since he has already demanded that he play forward and not center. He doesn't handle the ball well, won't be effective as an outside shooter, yet he will get his wishes.

and yet this clown coach let every decent player go elsewhere without even an attempt to land them.
It looks to me, based on the lack of effort from Cal, that he made promises to the freshmen to get them here and now he's handcuffed and can't bring in anyone with a pulse that might threaten the playing time these guys werw promised.

I mean, Cal put zero effort into portal guys and the ones he talked to, he sabotaged himself by telling them they are on their own with NIL.

I can't wait until this fu**stick is gone.

You're confusing excuses with facts. Why did Hawkins play behind Saul?
Hawkins had asthma iirc.

Why did Mintz play behind Askew? Why did Dontea play behind BJB? Why did Wheeler start at pg 2 straight years ahead of two NBA players?
Why did Whitney play over SGA? Why did Greene even have a scholarship here?
Why did Hagans start at pg over Quickly?

Yeah, now what are you going to say?

who gives a rats ass what Klutch liked

Not true. Good story. Just not a true story.

Reactions: pablosplace
Nah, everyone knew Chris wasn't coming back, Cal could have easily proved to anyone that he knew Chris wasn't returning.
If I accept that statement it's back to the original question I asked then. Should Cal have just announced it publicly early on then ? I do not think potential replacements felt certain he was gone.

Last edited:
could be good four or five days of it.
diving fail GIF by Cheezburger

It looks to me, based on the lack of effort from Cal, that he made promises to the freshmen to get them here and now he's handcuffed and can't bring in anyone with a pulse that might threaten the playing time these guys werw promised.

I mean, Cal put zero effort into portal guys and the ones he talked to, he sabotaged himself by telling them they are on their own with NIL.

I get that you don't like Cal but you are presenting opinions you dreamed up as fact here.

Reactions: jauk11

How you can actually say "There isn't a soul on here that didn’t know that."? We have had many posters claiming to know for sure he was coming back.

This. This. This. Cal mortgaged his future and the short term UK basketball future to get this group of freshmen to come to UK intact. And any player with a functioning brain could see the freshmen are going to get the vast majority of minutes. When you got a player like Reeves looking elsewhere after the year he had here, it shows UK basketball is completely disfunctional.

Exactly, how is it that everyone else know the kid was being pushed to leave and apparently not happy with anything even playing 30 minutes a game at the “3!” The staff somehow didn’t? Just replace him.

If I accept that statement it's back to the original question I asked then. Should Cal have just announced it publicly early on then ? I do not think potential replacements felt certain he was gone.
Why would Cal need to announce it? He just needed to let potential recruits know. Most of the crap that goes on with these players is kept secret, or lied about anyway, so it really wouldn’t matter. Everyone knew CL wasn't coming back.

Reactions: Fox2monk
How you can actually say "There isn't a soul on here that didn’t know that."? We have had many posters claiming to know for sure he was coming back.
Who said they knew for sure CL was coming back? There was hope, but nobody said they knew for sure.
There were some encouraging tweets, but anyone with a brain knew CL was gone.

I get that you don't like Cal but you are presenting opinions you dreamed up as fact here.
Uhhh, yeah, good call, that was my opinion. This us a message board and I'm not.in Cal's inner circle, so yeah, that post you read, was an opinion based on what I'm seeing.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
But that’s the problem…Calipari has his favorites. No matter how hard older player work, if they aren’t the favorite they don’t get the time unless the coaches hand is forced

That’s why they leave ..they know

and this year will be a repeat with Bradshaw, since he has already demanded that he play forward and not center. He doesn't handle the ball well, won't be effective as an outside shooter, yet he will get his wishes.
And get drafted

But that’s the problem…Calipari has his favorites. No matter how hard older player work, if they aren’t the favorite they don’t get the time unless the coaches hand is forced

That’s why they leave ..they know
And I believe Cal is simply a puppet for these larger organizations (like klutch). He just does as he’s told, probably been that way since the WWW days tbh.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT