ADVERTISEMENT

Gonzaga has no chance

How much do we think Self will let KU fall behind by before he tells his guys to actually start trying?

Two fouls on Dick?

Infuriating that Kansas picked up a win on us, since losing their opening game in the Big12. Imagine THAT happening a week ago.

Someone please explain to me how Kansas always have 1 or 2 players that are Seniors that have stayed their entire college careers at Kansas? Always good players. Rarely get drafted but are really good college players.

I think there's skill to it. Coaches who don't want 1AD, go for the guys who are probably too physically limited to ever make it to the pros. Your Sherron Collin's and Frank Mason's.

Reactions: kennyskywalker34
I think there's skill to it. Coaches who don't want 1AD, go for the guys who are probably too physically limited to ever make it to the pros. Your Sherron Collin's and Frank Mason's.
This is what I want UK to get back to. I know with NIL and the portal now it will be difficult to keep many. But Kansas seems to keep their share.
Nothing at all wrong with having a 1 and done player. But the key to consistent success is to keep good college players for 4 years. If you can just keep two from each class for 4 years and add talented one and done guys.

This is what I want UK to get back to. I know with NIL and the portal now it will be difficult to keep many. But Kansas seems to keep their share.
Nothing at all wrong with having a 1 and done player. But the key to consistent success is to keep good college players for 4 years. If you can just keep two from each class for 4 years and add talented one and done guys.

It's tough, because I could make the argument that Kansas' way of doing this (which is almost every other colleges way of doing it), isn't always made for success. I'd argue that Kansas last 15 years are kind of "meh", and they really got a lot of their success because of their home arena giving them added wins, and a conference that up until the last two years, really bent over backwards for them. And those are two things that UK will NEVER get.

It's a shame because the 1AD model was working just fine IMO. But Cal just went crazy in how he implemented it, and the other things he does so wrong. I think if you want to win a few titles over a decade, you NEED to have a talent gap over the competition. Great coaching, but with rosters who are really not much more talented than the field of 64.. just isn't going to give you a ton of sustained success. I think you have to sprinkle in some of the elite talent in your yearly recruiting classes.

Dickinson makes some of these 3's look effortless for a guy his size. He's basically trying to will this team to victory here.

This game is reminding me of when we played Gonzaga. They are getting lots of easy points low. But Self is a better coach so I expect that to get shut down as this game goes on.

Coulda had Dickinson, but Cow said nah I'll stick with my super freshmen...
No, we didn't have our shit together for NIL and Kansas offered more money. He would have come here for the right price. He would have been awful nice to have down low this year instead of those three toothpicks we rolled out every night.

Reactions: CROCAT
Kansas competing despite being down one of their best players. Don't worry about records. They're toast as long as Cal's here. And they don't matter to him anyway.

Reactions: CROCAT
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT