ADVERTISEMENT

GOLF thread

I just bought a set of clubs. I used to golf all the time but time and money led to me stopping. I just looked up the rates at Hillcrest in Owensboro. I used to live across the street when I was a kid. My mom bought my brother and I yearly passes because it was $50 for the year. Find a parent that wouldn't spend $50 to keep their kids out of the house all summer.

Now a junior pass is $275. I'm only 35. Surely demand hasn't increased that much.

One of the most entertaining cases I had while practicing law involved a fight on a golf course. The course was Longwood in Georgetown, is it even still open? Couple young punks playing in back. Couple drunk obnoxious middle aged dudes in the front.

Argued about slow play and balls into young guys. Old guys finished up and waited for young guys. Young guys walked up and old dudes started going off on them. Young guys responded with smack talk.

Old dude had a 7 iron in his hand and raised it like he was going to swing it. Young dude kicked his ass. Old dude filed criminal charges.

I represented the young guy. Fun trying the case and getting an acquittal. Judge reamed out the “victim” for being a prick. Lots of fun.

Anyone have a driver for sale? One they don’t use they’d like to give away?

Someone in this thread needs a new one.

Oh, and if you need one for free, you can find one in the weeds off the tee box at #13 at the Bull. #notme

Reactions: cawoodsct
We went out a few weeks ago with one of my buddies that is decent/kinda shitty like I am and my neighbor who is 300lb, hits left and cross-handed and would be happy to break 100.

Third hole backs up and it's a Par 3. We're on the tee and these obnoxious Boston cawksuckers literally walk up to the tee with us like we're all buds. I hate people so that's f'ing annoying and weird. One of them is an old man and he's loud-mouthed like his two younger cawksucker buds. The big guy gets up and the old man just starts dressing him down. "Oh my gawd! How do you stand like that?! Oh my gawd! Who taught you golf!?" Basically, this old man is Jim Calhoun with zero f'ing filter.

My buddy hits, of course it's a 40 yard duff, and I think he's about to hit this old man. He says some pretty tame stuff like "Do I know you?" and storms off.

They kept back most of the round except they hit into us 3 times and did drive up every hole screaming at each other and just being your typical rude, yankee cawksucker miserable excuse for a person types.

I had enough on 16. They hit it right past our cart. My buddy was going to hit it back at them but chickened out because he didn't want to hit it fat and give them more reason to be loud an obnoxious. So, plan B. We grabbed that cawksucer's ball, the other ones that didn't make it, waved at them and threw them in the water basically begging them to do something about it. Nope. They just sat there like the little yankee cawksuckers they are.

My rant is summed up like this. You're not motherf'ing Tiger Woods and if you ever start to think you're entitled to fairway someone is on, no matter what you think, you're simply just another yankee cawksucker that probably deserves to have your teeth knocked out of your mouth.
I’m not a fan of being hit into or “yankee cawksuckers”, but I’d have to hear the other side of the story on that one. Several clues in that story tell me your group could have very possibly been painfully slow, in which you should do the right thing and just let the Yankees go through and enjoy the rest of your day, problem solved.

I’m not a fan of being hit into or “yankee cawksuckers”, but I’d have to hear the other side of the story on that one. Several clues in that story tell me your group could have very possibly been painfully slow, in which you should do the right thing and just let the Yankees go through and enjoy the rest of your day, problem solved.

Yes, we were painfully slow waiting on the 3 women in front of us, who were waiting on the 4some in front of them, who were waiting on the 4some in front of them.

Die in a golf cart fire.

Yes, we were painfully slow waiting on the 3 women in front of us, who were waiting on the 4some in front of them, who were waiting on the 4some in front of them.

Die in a golf cart fire.
You failed to give us those details hack. Sounds like everybody except the yankee cawksuckers should have been at the range instead of holding the entire course up.

Do us all a favor and take your talents, or lack thereof, to cassel creek or Longview, or better yet man o war where it doesn’t matter. Rant over.

Almost every green in Kentucky has been ruined by lazy/clueless hacks. I have no sympathy for them, sorry.

OMG, I’m with you. It’s my pet peeve brother Tub! Fix your damn ball mark and fix one or others the idiots earlier in the day left, don’t drag your putter or your feet. Not that effing hard to help keep the greens in good shape.

OMG, I’m with you. It’s my pet peeve brother Tub! Fix your damn ball mark and fix one or others the idiots earlier in the day left, don’t drag your putter or your feet. Not that effing hard to help keep the greens in good shape.
Take care of the golf course and eventually it will take care of you.

If you are a shitty hacker that is lucky to hit the driver 200 yards and in the fairway but want to sit back and try to hit a 3 wood 240 yard approach on a par 5...I might hit into you

My goto there is the loud cheer/clap when they inevitably advance the ball 30 more yards.

Just a heads up for my fellow golfers, if you play or ever wanted to play Srixon Z-Star then Dicks and other places have them for. $20/dozen for Fathers Day weekend. I really like them and loading up.

Not sure I’m buying Phil’s story about taking advantage of the rules. Sounds like a bit spin control. But oh well, moving on.

I don't know how most of you guys feel about playing in this heat. I know a lot of people hate it, but it doesn't bother me. I tend to enjoy it because the course is rather empty. We played at the University Club yesterday afternoon and we had the Wildcat course to ourselves. It was great. We played at the pace we like and finished in 3 hours.

Was in a scramble Friday and won a free round of golf at any Lexington city golf course. I haven't played Kearney in a couple of years, so that's where I'll probably wind up using that free round.

Never left the Phil is a fraud train. He should be in prison but hey, he signs autographs and smiles for the cameras so most people will ignore what a tool he really is.

Reactions: TruBluCatFan
For whatever its worth, was talking to a pro today who used with work with Phil back in his younger years (was a manufacturing rep and worked with him with equipment, etc) He said what Phil did last weekend was calculated. By that, he knew the rule when he did it. Not cheating. Said Phil's golf IQ is incredible and at that moment he knew the rule and made an incredibly quick calculation to do what he did.

Never left the Phil is a fraud train. He should be in prison but hey, he signs autographs and smiles for the cameras so most people will ignore what a tool he really is.
reac3a7c3a3o-de-david-simms.jpg

What an ugly dog....

For whatever its worth, was talking to a pro today who used with work with Phil back in his younger years (was a manufacturing rep and worked with him with equipment, etc) He said what Phil did last weekend was calculated. By that, he knew the rule when he did it. Not cheating. Said Phil's golf IQ is incredible and at that moment he knew the rule and made an incredibly quick calculation to do what he did.

How could you ever save strokes by hitting a ball that’s moving when you are getting a two stroke penalty tacked on? Unless the ball was going to roll like 200 yards. So if he hits the moving ball and makes it (he didn’t) that would be three strokes, no? Basically you are saying that ball comes to rest he wouldn’t sink it in three putts or less?

How could you ever save strokes by hitting a ball that’s moving when you are getting a two stroke penalty tacked on? Unless the ball was going to roll like 200 yards. So if he hits the moving ball and makes it (he didn’t) that would be three strokes, no? Basically you are saying that ball comes to rest he wouldn’t sink it in three putts or less?

Yes. The way that green was set up he was going to have to chip again and likely be in the same spot from his last putt that led to the blowup.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT