ADVERTISEMENT

GOLF thread

Not really, because Barbasol/Pure Silk isn't going to give this exemption to just Joe Blow player. It serves them no purpose, just as with the majority of sponsor exemptions....their choice. On the other hand, they will sell more tix, if even a few hundred, thanks to this exemption. That in itself is good for the event, and the community.

K, so all the lower tier & opposite-field events should just start giving their sponsor exemptions to females & celebrities then to sell more tickets? You guys were pumped about Steph Curry too, right? Sounds pure.

Liberal ignorance knows no bounds.

You want to sell a few more tickets & help the community then grant it to the host club's Star, KGA Am/Open Champ, UK's best Golfer, Matt Harmon, etc.

EMMA TALLEY SHOULD GET AN EXEMPTION TOO!!!

Last edited:
Not really, because Barbasol/Pure Silk isn't going to give this exemption to just Joe Blow player. It serves them no purpose, just as with the majority of sponsor exemptions....their choice. On the other hand, they will sell more tix, if even a few hundred, thanks to this exemption. That in itself is good for the event, and the community.

K, so all the lower tier & opposite-field events should just start giving their sponsor exemptions to females & celebrities then to sell more tickets? You guys were pumped about Steph Curry too, right? Sounds pure.

You want to sell a few more tickets & help the community then grant it to the host club's Star, KGA Am/Open Champ, UK's best Golfer, Matt Harmon, etc.

Omg, now golf tournament entries are a deep state plot. Jeeezussss . . .

All I can tell you is that leading up to this tournament there has to have been at least 3 maintenance guys hit in the head every day. Almost every fairway, rough, bunker, and green has maintenance people around it while members are playing. I would expect Champions medical bills have been high the last couple of months. Lots of FORE being yelled at champions...LMAO

Course does look great though.

Reactions: Tskware

Exactly, they are paying $1M for the sponsorship, so they can sell more product, this isn't the US Open or the British that they are excluding some man who qualified, they are trying to goose TV ratings and local attendance. I don't see the harm. There are several local pros playing who are ONLY getting in because they have a local following, not because of their qualifications.

Adam Scott/Keegan Bradley both qualified through the Columbus Sectional.

I've played Brookside about 20x thanks to a hookup. It's much tougher then the Lakes, which I've played twice.

No idea how Scott went 66 at Brookside and 72 at the Lakes but alas, he made it.

Adam Scott/Keegan Bradley both qualified through the Columbus Sectional.

I've played Brookside about 20x thanks to a hookup. It's much tougher then the Lakes, which I've played twice.

No idea how Scott went 66 at Brookside and 72 at the Lakes but alas, he made it.

N

Damn brother. Calm down before you have a stroke. They are the sponsors and can give the exemptions to whom ever they please.

Liberal? Seriously. Letting the sponsor invite who they want because it’s their money is definitely not a liberal talking point.

So you want to take my bet on Lincicome v Justice?

You're right, they can. Doesn't mean I have to like it. Next year maybe they'll give one to Woo, I heard he plays a lot of golf these days. Or Maybe Matt Jones? #BBN would love it!!!!!!!

-Btw, That's at least the 5th time I've used that exact line in here as a joke (it's what UKO responds to each and every post he makes on social media with), and you idiots fall for it every time.

-Lincecomb averages around 1 under par on LPGA Tour on courses that average 6300 yards or so. That's a pitch & putt situation for any elite male golfer over 15 years old, and I'm not taking away from the ladies at all by saying that -- I enjoy watching them, they have silly talent.

Regarding your bet proposition, Is Grover Justice currently/actively playing these days, or just teaching? That makes a difference, especially when it comes to 'scoring' & playing actual Tournament golf.

I'll take Josh Teater for $100 and give you 2:1, how's that?

Last edited:
Hit playing partners M3 Driver today for 2 holes and just crushed it. Can’t see paying $400 for a used one when I can’t do anything else to back those drives up.

You're right, they can. Doesn't mean I have to like it. Next year maybe they'll give one to Woo, I heard he plays a lot of golf these days. Or Maybe Matt Jones? #BBN would love it!!!!!!!

-Btw, That's at least the 5th time I've used that exact line in here as a joke (it's what UKO responds to each and every post he makes on social media with), and you idiots fall for it every time.

-Lincecomb averages around 1 under par on LPGA Tour on courses that average 6300 yards or so. That's a pitch & putt situation for any elite male golfer over 15 years old, and I'm not taking away from the ladies at all by saying that -- I enjoy watching them, they have silly talent.

Regarding your bet proposition, Is Grover Justice currently/actively playing these days, or just teaching? That makes a difference, especially when it comes to 'scoring' & playing actual Tournament golf.

I'll take Josh Teater for $100 and give you 2:1, how's that?

Not a chance. Josh is playing well and hopefully gets his card back this fall. Not a good bet even at 2:1.

Don’t believe Justice is playing competitively anymore, at least not at a high level. But that’s my point. No one seems pissed off about Grover taking a spot from a Web.com guy or a player with limited PGA privileges. Grover’s a good guy I hope he does well. But who gives the sponsor more bang for the buck.

Whether you like her playing or not it has people talking about the tournament and about Barbasol. And isn’t that kind of the point, for the sponsor anyway?

A name to keep a eye out for in the future. Canon Claycomb, the son of a friend of mine here in Bowling Green. He is 2020 grad and signed with Alabama to play college golf. He is the real deal, has the total package and has a chance to be special.

I thought i read where the course will be playing around 7400 yards.

I can tell you the rough is still stupid. We have a gentleman's agreement in our regular game that if you hit it in the rough, and everyone in the 4 some agrees it is not OB or in a hazard, you get a free drop in the rough. No kidding, you can be 3 yards off the fairway and not find the GD ball.

He has done this on other occasions, i specifically remember him doing it at Kiawah for the PGA. That drive was maybe 10 minutes to the course, guess he's gonna copter in from the boat.

I can tell you the rough is still stupid. We have a gentleman's agreement in our regular game that if you hit it in the rough, and everyone in the 4 some agrees it is not OB or in a hazard, you get a free drop in the rough. No kidding, you can be 3 yards off the fairway and not find the GD ball.
Why would you want to pick your ball up out of the rough and proceed to drop the ball back into the same rough? I don’t get it

Anyone played the course over at Dale Hallow? Will be that way next month and was looking into playing it.

Yesterday was DJ’s 18th PGA Tour win since 2008. That is tied for the most Tour wins in that time span. Other guy is some guy named Eldrick.

Anyone played the course over at Dale Hallow? Will be that way next month and was looking into playing it.
I have played it a few times as I grew up there. Pick your tees carefully. Wrong tees, it will eat your lunch. It is worth playing, got some blind shots.

Anybody ever play cassel creek in Winchester? Hear it’s the Augusta of central ky and has the best fairways/greens in the state, a true hidden gem. Thinking about becoming a member.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT