ADVERTISEMENT

GOLF thread

If you don’t have the Masters #1, I’m not sure what to think about you.

I have it # 1, but the British is a close 2nd, maybe even 1A. The Masters/Augusta has become a caricature of itself the last decade...it is more about the mystique and the hype than the golf. Were it not for the best back 9 in golf, it would easily be behind the British.

This weather has been a disaster. Going to Fort Myers for a 4 day golf trip next week and haven't gotten out to hit once.

They closed the one indoor range we had here in Columbus so it's gonna be a struggle next week.

Father lives in Naples. Ft.Myers/Naples area is excellent for golf. I am sure you will be playing some very nice courses.

I have it # 1, but the British is a close 2nd, maybe even 1A. The Masters/Augusta has become a caricature of itself the last decade...it is more about the mystique and the hype than the golf. Were it not for the best back 9 in golf, it would easily be behind the British.

It's not about the golf, yet almost without fail the Masters delivers the best golf, stories, drama, and finish of the year. I mean, have you not watched the last few years in protest or something?

Your post makes absolutely zero sense, triple for the course with you.

Masters
US Open
PGA
The Open

Just have never been a fan of the British Open. Probably because I despise cold weather and windy conditions which The Open usually offers in droves.

Augusta National is just a phenomenal place. If you have never been it is 100% a bucket list item. By far makes The Masters the #1 major for me.

Reactions: cawoodsct
John Feinstein is an incredible douchebag Duke homer/UK hater but damn, he’s the best golf writer out there. Read any of his golf books if you love the game of golf. But buy them used or from library, don’t give him any more royalties.

Anyone watching that Shotmakers show? Show is boring as ell but some eye candy on there. Sure it was unintentional.

DaXg988X4AAznBi.jpg

Scotty Cameron putters...for those that have them...what do you think...are they worth it? IMO, putting is a mind game to some degree. I see a lot of sets of clubs and a bunch of different putters, but the SC putters look nice plus you can have them built to the spec you want. Just a rambling thought...

I've had several Scottys, all beautiful & custom, and didn't like any of them after the honeymoon wore off. They're more difficult to putt with than your average putter imo, without question.

They also all putt 'light' to me, which I don't like. I've added the max weight to all mine, and still didn't have the feel I wanted, but putting(ers) are all about individual feel.

Reactions: *CatinIL*
Scotty Cameron putters...for those that have them...what do you think...are they worth it? IMO, putting is a mind game to some degree. I see a lot of sets of clubs and a bunch of different putters, but the SC putters look nice plus you can have them built to the spec you want. Just a rambling thought...
Scotty's are beautiful putters. Went to a putter fitting expecting to get one. I had done some research on Evnroll prior to going and thought I would try them. About 3 hours later I had custom ordered an Evnroll ER3 and absolutely LOVE that thing. I would encourage you to at least try them out and see what you think.

As for that Shotmakers show, I would like to know where all of these young/hot female golfers are at because I have never seen them on courses. Age them about 40 years and that is what I mostly see.

This past year I tried a counterbalanced putter grip, and I love that thing, but only on fast greens. For whatever reason, when the weight is in I putt like ass on slow greens. So now I've got my slow green putter and my fast green putter.

Epiz SZ came in yesterday and it is :fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

Using a knockoff of this right now. Consider myself above average putter overall but certainly need to make more 15 feet and less. Think my lag putting brings me to the above average range.

yes-sophia-putter.jpg

Reactions: treuxbleux
I've had several Scottys, all beautiful & custom, and didn't like any of them after the honeymoon wore off. They're more difficult to putt with than your average putter imo, without question.

They also all putt 'light' to me, which I don't like. I've added the max weight to all mine, and still didn't have the feel I wanted, but putting(ers) are all about individual feel.
Interesting...thanks for the input BB. Fortunately I have the option to practice with one for a while before deciding...something I'll definitely do after reading your post.

That’s interesting, and kind of concerning. What is your swing speed? Mine is around 98-103 with an aggressive transition. Everything I’ve read about it makes it seem like it would work for me (it is stiff not extry stiff), but it’s so hard to tell without actually hitting it first. If it sucks, I’ll likely just send the driver back and try another one.
I average around 94

I have an older model scotty that I paid $135.00 for
search

I’m sending back the Epic Sub Zero. Something about it I just don’t really like. I can’t get used to the feel. Feels like a rock coming off the face to me, and I actually hit my r15 better.

Pulled the trigger this morning on a Titleist 917D3, with the same specs that I hit well at a demo day a few weeks ago. I’m hoping this one does the trick.

Played yesterday and the weather was nice, but a zoysia course sucks before the grass grows in. Bare spots, thin lies...almost better to hit out of the rough.

Can't wait for May!

Are there any golfers in northern KY? Some of my golfing buddies are now too busy with their kids sports stuff.

I’m sending back the Epic Sub Zero. Something about it I just don’t really like. I can’t get used to the feel. Feels like a rock coming off the face to me, and I actually hit my r15 better.

Pulled the trigger this morning on a Titleist 917D3, with the same specs that I hit well at a demo day a few weeks ago. I’m hoping this one does the trick.
I think it was the shaft. I hit the Rogue and it has a much better feel and sound, but I hit my m1 farther than the Rogue, no need to spend $500.00 for less club.

Reactions: _Chase_
Drivers are like putters. I was nails with mine last year, and this year can't hit the broad side of a barn with it. I know it's not the driver, but me...but it's still nice to have confidence with something when you step up to the ball.

My 907D2 with the bumblebee shaft from 2007 was probably my favorite driver ever. Wish I had that thing back.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Drivers are like putters. I was nails with mine last year, and this year can't hit the broad side of a barn with it. I know it's not the driver, but me...but it's still nice to have confidence with something when you step up to the ball.

My 907D2 with the bumblebee shaft from 2007 was probably my favorite driver ever. Wish I had that thing back.
All of us are searching for that magical driver, putter , ball that will make us better. It is not the arrow but the Indian.

Got the 2016 model M1 and loved, then my left knee started acting up, so I gradually changed my swing and devolved a slice.

So naturally I blamed the club, then the shaft, hit another shaft, same thing. Finally realized it was me, I had opened my stance and hitting out to in. Closed my stance a bit and started hitting from inside again, problem solved, but took 6 months to cure. Got my original Rogue silver 70 gram shaft back in it now.

If you get a chance, try the Rogue Silver shaft. Best feeling shaft I have felt. I have it in the 110 MSI with 70 gram shaft. Aldila makes it.

putters-2018-o-works-black-le-7____3.png

Picked this up on the weekend. Love it.

I've been using a Ping Anser 2 for about 20 years - been thinking the last couple of seasons about going with something new and have been looking at the O-Works and the Taylor Made spider. Let me know how you like it after you play a few rounds.

Reactions: USSLair
I've been using a Ping Anser 2 for about 20 years - been thinking the last couple of seasons about going with something new and have been looking at the O-Works and the Taylor Made spider. Let me know how you like it after you play a few rounds.

First new putter for me in a decade. Figured since I got new irons finally mine as well get a new putter.

Reactions: JohnKBA
Since we are talking majors, one thing about the Opens is that they absolutely identify great champions . . . if you can win them both:

In addition to the five guys that have the career slam, from what I can tell, here are the other players that have won both the US and British Open:

Arnold Palmer *
Tom Watson
Rory McIlroy
Jordan Spieth
Ernie Els
Lee Trevino
Johnny Miller
and Tony Jacklin, the "chop" of the group

Pretty solid list, eh?

Don't think you could combine any other two majors and have 13 golfers to equal these guys.

* LOL at myself for forgetting the King, I should be banned from Golf thread forever

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT