ADVERTISEMENT

GOLF thread

Don't sleep on Cobra. I picked up the previous year's model (King LTD) last summer just to try something completely different, and driving (accuracy) has since become the strength of my game. I love that club.

Here's how inconsistent of a golfer I am.

Played 9 holes yesterday, chipped in for birdie, two pars, played the other six holes 11 over and shot a 46.

Pulled the trigger this weekend on an Epic Sub Zero with Aldila Rogue Max 75 shaft. 30-day money back guarantees on CallawayPreowned, so if I don't hit it straight enough I'm sending it back and trying either the Titleist 917 D2 or D3 or one of the Pings. I feel like this one will work for me though. Very anxious to see.

Would be kind of cool if it would quit snowing in April.

Reactions: cawoodsct
This may have been mentioned, and everyone in here may already watch their videos, but if not, check out the YouTube channels of Rick Shiels and Mark Crossfield. Especially do this if you ever want a comparison of clubs. Good stuff.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Chase do a dual painting hanging above your fireplace.
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
This may have been mentioned, and everyone in here may already watch their videos, but if not, check out the YouTube channels of Rick Shiels and Mark Crossfield. Especially do this if you ever want a comparison of clubs. Good stuff.
Ali Taylor Golf is really good as well

Reactions: _Chase_
I went by Academy the other day and they have a 72(!) degree wedge. :joy::scream:

It’s only $25. I’m tempted to buy it just to f*ck around with it and see how ridiculous it is.

Reactions: wildcat1973
I've done a pretty big 180 on the Fox coverage.

Love the fact that they have shot tracer pretty much everywhere, and give you more in-depth stuff versus the old guard.

Fact of the matter is, if you're going to put the damn event on TV, I'm going to enjoy it.

Anyone sign up for the PGA Tour Live subscription for the early coverage for the first two rounds? No Chromecast coverage is kinda disappointing, as well as no app for FireTV or Android TV

Reactions: cawoodsct
My favorite Majors in order:

1. The Open
2. US Open
3. The Masters
4. PGA Championship

Here's how inconsistent of a golfer I am.

Played 9 holes yesterday, chipped in for birdie, two pars, played the other six holes 11 over and shot a 46.

I made 2 eagles and 3 birdies in a round a few summers ago but was 21 over on the other 13 holes for an 86.

The worst was when the COO of our company invited me to play once and we were playing a team game for money. I shot a 51 on the front at Champions and they gave us a bunch of strokes on the back. I followed up the 51 with a 36. Never got invited back.

I made 2 eagles and 3 birdies in a round a few summers ago but was 21 over on the other 13 holes for an 86.

The worst was when the COO of our company invited me to play once and we were playing a team game for money. I shot a 51 on the front at Champions and they gave us a bunch of strokes on the back. I followed up the 51 with a 36. Never got invited back.

Here's my latest example of maximum futility. Walked the front 9 at Keene Run and shot a 35. Feeling pretty good about myself but I decided I didn't have enough time to walk the back, so I grabbed a cart. Shot a precious 45 on the back for a gut ripping 80. Absolutely zero consistency with the exception of my putting.

Reactions: JohnKBA
Here's my latest example of maximum futility. Walked the front 9 at Keene Run and shot a 35. Feeling pretty good about myself but I decided I didn't have enough time to walk the back, so I grabbed a cart. Shot a precious 45 on the back for a gut ripping 80. Absolutely zero consistency with the exception of my putting.

Sorry, I have no sympathy for anyone who shoots a 35 on any 9 hole stretch. :chairshot::joy:

US Open
Masters
Open
PGA

...been this way for me for 20 years.

Little known fact: Much like '73 and coachtimmiller, Randall stole my Masters Coverage angst and really took it to the next level and made it his.

Honest to God, how can you possibly rank the PGA above the US Open? That cannot be justified.

Because I have hated for many years the way the USGA changes a course to fit their version of the way it should be played, instead of letting the course itself dictate the score. **it has gotten better the last couple of years, however.

Because I have hated for many years the way the USGA changes a course to fit their version of the way it should be played, instead of letting the course itself dictate the score. **it has gotten better the last couple of years, however.
After the cluster f**k of Chambers Bay. The USGA has calmed down a bit, but I use to detest the way they set up open courses, for men and women. I have to say that the Open setup in 2014 for both men and women at #2 was good. I went there, and it was setup well, tough but fair, but #2 has no rough now, only natural areas.

Reactions: cole854
Masters
PGA
US Open
The Open

PGA has best field and doesn't trick up the course
US Open hate course set up and all pars are boring
The Open - can't see the ball burnt out course slw greens

I don't think people realize just how great The Open is.

3am-5pm pretty much every day.

It's the best tourney for TRUE golf fans, which I can tell most of you aren't.

BUT HEY, THE LORDS OF AUGUSTA HAVE BLESSED US WITH 2 FEATURED GROUPS FROM 8AM-2PM. THANKS FOR THE 2 HOURS OF TV TIME OH GLORIOUS MASTERS

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::chairshot::chairshot::chairshot::chairshot::chairshot::chairshot::chairshot::chairshot::chairshot:

That thing is like a 2X4.

That’s interesting, and kind of concerning. What is your swing speed? Mine is around 98-103 with an aggressive transition. Everything I’ve read about it makes it seem like it would work for me (it is stiff not extry stiff), but it’s so hard to tell without actually hitting it first. If it sucks, I’ll likely just send the driver back and try another one.

This weather has been a disaster. Going to Fort Myers for a 4 day golf trip next week and haven't gotten out to hit once.

They closed the one indoor range we had here in Columbus so it's gonna be a struggle next week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT