ADVERTISEMENT

GOLF thread

Agreed, but I could never bang a girl who is better at golf than me.
That's my rule too but as they say... rules are made to be broken.

paige-spirinac-pic.png

Is Mickelson on the downward slope of his career or does anyone think he's still got 1 more major left in him? He can still hold his own but hasn't won a tournament since he won the Open at Muirfield in 2013.

Is Mickelson on the downward slope of his career or does anyone think he's still got 1 more major left in him? He can still hold his own but hasn't won a tournament since he won the Open at Muirfield in 2013.

He’s been on the downslope for several years.

He has the stuff on the right weekend to win another major - he wins the Open 19 times out of 20 with the score he put up vs Stenson, but just happened to get outgunned that weekend. Will he win another major? I’d give it less than 1:1 odds. There are a lot of great golfers on tour right now.

Think Stenson broke him in The Open a few years ago. He gave everything he had left and still lost ( even though Stenson played maybe the best final Major final round of all time). Add in being close to 50 and battling arthritis and I would say he just does not have enough game left to beat these young guns.

Reactions: Tskware and JohnKBA
Don’t know if Phil will win another Major but have to think he is going to win a tournament this year.

I have always liked Fowler. Maybe the best overall putter on tour. However, that guy just does not have that extra gear these other elite guys have but makes an insane amount of money being marketed as one of those guys.

Phil may have a win left in him, but think his Majors run has run out.

Love to go to the Phoenix Open someday. Played out there but never witnessed that insane tournament environment. Wish the tour would have more of those type of events during the season.

Reactions: robo222 and JohnKBA
I have always liked Fowler. Maybe the best overall putter on tour. However, that guy just does not have that extra gear these other elite guys have but makes an insane amount of money being marketed as one of those guys.

Phil may have a win left in him, but think his Majors run has run out.

Love to go to the Phoenix Open someday. Played out there but never witnessed that insane tournament environment. Wish the tour would have more of those type of events during the season.

Fowler has 4 career PGA tour wins. Four. That’s one less than Justin Thomas had last year.

Most overrated “superstar” in sports.

Cannot believe that was only Woodland's third win, he has a lot of game, but has finished 2nd six times since his last win in 2013. Just goes to show how tough and how deep the PGA tour really is.

Reactions: anon_aawvduncd4ay0
I almost killed a kid on #4 at Andover a couple years ago. I hit my drive to the right hand side at the bottom of the hill and decided to try and hit a big draw with my 3 wood. (I’m a lefty.) There are a few houses there with playgrounds (swings/slides) that extend out pretty far toward the course and there were some kids playing on them. My intended draw as an absolutely smoked low snap hook that rocketed straight at them and hit one of those enclosed hard plastic slides - it sounded like a gun went off. The kids scattered like ants. When that ball left my club I thought I’d be explaining to a parent how I was sorry his kid was dead.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
I almost killed a kid on #4 at Andover a couple years ago. I hit my drive to the right hand side at the bottom of the hill and decided to try and hit a big draw with my 3 wood. (I’m a lefty.) There are a few houses there with playgrounds (swings/slides) that extend out pretty far toward the course and there were some kids playing on them. My intended draw as an absolutely smoked low snap hook that rocketed straight at them and hit one of those enclosed hard plastic slides - it sounded like a gun went off. The kids scattered like ants. When that ball left my club I thought I’d be explaining to a parent how I was sorry his kid was dead.
John, you’re standing on the wrong side of the ball.

Reactions: JohnKBA
Was playing with a group a few years ago. Get to a par 5 and my buddy hit maybe the worst hook I have ever seen off the tee box. Ball went directly towards a new home being built and all of the sudden we heard the loudest crashing sound. Turned out the ball hit a brand new window (one of those larger ones) that has just been installed. A few contractors were literally standing behind it when the ball hit.

We all were obviously embarrassed by it and had a good encounter with the contractors. Turned out to be a good thing for the owners of the home. My buddy is loaded so he offered to buy them a new window so they did not have to deal with the insurance company and they decided to upgrade the window to the kind that a ball will not break and paid the difference.

That was exceptionally nice of your buddy considering he didn't owe them jack shit.
I always thought the law was that you were supposed to go to the house and the golfer's home owners insurance would pay for it. I played Indian Springs in Louisville many a time and I'm not sure I ever played in a 4some that didn't hit a house but we never once went to the house to claim responsibility. As far as I'm concerned, if they don't want their house hit by a golf ball don't live on a golf course.

Dustin Johnson: trying to become 4th player since OWGR began in 1986 to win consecutive #PGATour starts as world number 1 player --

2004 Vijay
2012 @McIlroyRory

And Tiger Woods, who did it 22 different times.

Last edited:
Dustin Johnson: trying to become 4th player since OWGR began in 1986 to win consecutive #PGATour starts as world number 1 player --

2004 Vijay
2012 @McIlroyRory

And Tiger Woods, who did it 22 different times.

Figured there would be a comment by now.

Tiger did so many things that others will likely never approach. Just crazy how dominant he was.

Who else felt really really sorry for Troy Merritt yesterday, a real minor leaguer, who had a chance to finish T2, only to see his approach shot on 18 disappear in tree, leading to a ghastly TB 8, costing him huge $ and which he could sorely use?

Who else felt really really sorry for Troy Merritt yesterday, a real minor leaguer, who had a chance to finish T2, only to see his approach shot on 18 disappear in tree, leading to a ghastly TB 8, costing him huge $ and which he could sorely use?

Yeah, 32 years old and has made a paltry $5.6mm on tour. Poor bastard.

All due respect to Tiger, but Jack is the GOAT. Just compare resumes. I'll be back with specifics, if need be.

All due respect to Tiger, but Jack is the GOAT. Just compare resumes. I'll be back with specifics, if need be.

I can live with that. I prefer quality over quantity. Tiger did almost all of his damage in a 10 year period. Jack’s major wins spanned 25 years, which is amazing, no doubt. I’ll take Tiger’s decade of brilliance over Jack’s longevity.

I can live with that. I prefer quality over quantity. Tiger did almost all of his damage in a 10 year period. Jack’s major wins spanned 25 years, which is amazing, no doubt. I’ll take Tiger’s decade of brilliance over Jack’s longevity.
And I can live with that. But when you confine it to periods, then where is the limit? Tiger had the greatest decade. Byron Nelson had the greatest year. Or maybe Bobby Jones. Or maybe Hogan in '53. I think in terms of pure dominance, Tiger, no doubt, wins the argument-for his brief time. But for the entire career, I'll take Jack right now. Tiger's not done, though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT