ADVERTISEMENT

GOLF thread

Looking for a new putter this year. Anyone have an Odyssey O Works? Thoughts?

odyssey-o-works-putters-640x426.jpg

I think they look good. Lots of good reviews on the microhinge insert. I want to try the Jailbird Mini.

Phil’s 2018 stats so far:
6 events, 5 cuts made
3 top 10
4 top 25
Average score 69.7
Winnings $1.2 million
Pretty good start so far. Remains to be seen if he keeps it up.

Bill Haas was injured in a crash when the Ferrari driven by a friend (pronounced dead at scene) collided with a Toyota SUV driven by actor Luke Wilson. Weird.

What didn't you like about it?
without ever owning one... i have concerns about the fragility of the putter face... as club golfers. we change "all things putting" more than any other single facet of the game... putters are very expensive... why would someone buy a club with gear effect only to change variables (stance/hand position/grip) that render the club tech, useless?????
Well the simple answer is because .... golfers just wanna have fun!
We don't need a reason......
Maybe I buy a used one someday.....

Now.... Anyone tried that new TM driver? "Twisted Face"... tech?

Needs lots of reps. Going to have some practice time before the next one. Not making the cut this week.

^needs reps. He is close to being past the yips point for me which is the best sign I could ask for.

Tiger and Phil win this year.

Anyone who likes this and they both do not win I’ll pay $20 each

Watch

You're a damn idiot. He's a train wreck. He has zero chance of winning because 1...he can' make enough birds over the course of a tournament to beat the scoring machines out there, and 2...he can't get away from the bogeys.

Get off his cock...he is done and nothing more than a journeyman now.

That was a bad look for Tiger today. Most expect him to figure it out because he is Tiger. His back seems to be holding up very well. Right now it is all about gaining confidence in himself and his game again and having to constantly hit out of the rough at weird angles is not helping matters.

That was a bad look for Tiger today. Most expect him to figure it out because he is Tiger. His back seems to be holding up very well. Right now it is all about gaining confidence in himself and his game again and having to constantly hit out of the rough at weird angles is not helping matters.
He's got to get that driver straitened out a bit. His last comeback he was only hitting it like 270 maybe 290 on a bomb and he was spraying it everywhere. This time he is bashing it again. Nearly every drive is over 300 and some are close to 320 so his back is fine. He's also playing his approaches well from the fairway and playing around the greens well, but his stroked gained off the tee has got to be horrendous.

On a side note, I saw several reviews by pros on the Taylor-Made M3 with the twist face. They could not get those things to turn the way they wanted. They like that it was forgiving, but when they tried to fade and draw it just wouldn't move for them. I am not sure if this is the problem, but he may be better off going for an M1 from last year. The distance hasn't changed enough to matter.

He's got to get that driver straitened out a bit. His last comeback he was only hitting it like 270 maybe 290 on a bomb and he was spraying it everywhere. This time he is bashing it again. Nearly every drive is over 300 and some are close to 320 so his back is fine. He's also playing his approaches well from the fairway and playing around the greens well, but his stroked gained off the tee has got to be horrendous.

On a side note, I saw several reviews by pros on the Taylor-Made M3 with the twist face. They could not get those things to turn the way they wanted. They like that it was forgiving, but when they tried to fade and draw it just wouldn't move for them. I am not sure if this is the problem, but he may be better off going for an M1 from last year. The distance hasn't changed enough to matter.
Yea, it’s the clubs’ fault for sure [eyeroll]

Friend of mine who played on tour for several years was paired with Tiger a few times on Thur and Fri and said it was the most nerve wracking experience he ever encountered and many players hoped they did not get paired with him because of it. Was not so much Tiger himself that made it that way. It was 95% because of the crowds that followed him every round.

After yesterday, I give Bubba much better odds than Fowler. Tiger at 25/1 (same as Bubba) as poorly as he is driving the ball is laughable. My pick will be Dustin, but I would not be surprised if Phil makes a serious run on Sunday the way he is playing right now. Have to respect him because he knows he has little time left to make any serious runs on the PGA tour and he is doing everything he can right now to max out what he has left in the tank.

I think Tiger's 25-1 odds are to make the cut....that is laughable he is shorter than 100-1.

Sergio should be around 12-1.

I think Tiger's 25-1 odds are to make the cut....that is laughable he is shorter than 100-1.

Tiger has not won anywhere in what, five years, and has had two back surgeries since then? 25-1 is sucker money, but I guess that is what keeps Vegas in business.

Justin Thomas and Ricky Fowler at 15-1 are MUCH better values.

As for Phil, he has been playing well, no doubt, but just like Tiger, has not won anywhere in almost five years, so why does he pull off a miracle at Augusta? Wouldn't he be the oldest champion ever?

Tiger is a 4 time Masters Champion and has finished in the Top 10 at The Masters 13 times, most recently in 2013. As a professional, his worst finish at The Masters is 40th, and has only finished out of the Top 20 2 times.

So yeah, I'm going to roll with that guy.

Decripit, broken, Tiger is gaining on Hideki. He got him by 3 at Hero and 2 at Torrey. By the time the Masters rolls around I think he will be able to nip him.

ADVERTISEMENT