ADVERTISEMENT

GOLF thread

I'm actually intrigued on how a deader ball will help my game. I can still launch those suckers into the trees better than most so maybe I can find a few more that just didn't have enough distance.

Reactions: vhcat70
I'm actually intrigued on how a deader ball will help my game. I can still launch those suckers into the trees better than most so maybe I can find a few more that just didn't have enough distance.
685551ce79de96e89bb03be2e4c9dfcdd245588d900da6fddafb4ee74cf10ae1_1.jpg

Matter of time for Jay but to his defense he (PGA) is getting whacked by folks with amounts of money that they simply cannot compete with.

Best Golf Tip I have received in a while:

A couple of weeks ago, I was on the range and pulling every shot, sometimes snap hooks, but mostly dead pulls. And I have been fighting this for quite a while.

So a guy who is working with his son, and seemed to know what he was doing, was next to me on the range, so I asked him to check out my swing.

After a few minutes, we see I am lined up square and my grip is fine . . . . so finally he says my hands are too far back and tells me to move them forward to where the butt end of the club is pointing to my front hip or just inside front hip

Voila! First thing I noticed is that with my irons, it delofted the face at address and all of a sudden, I started hitting the ball with a lot more compression and power, ESPECIALLY with my irons. My driver is still inconsistent, but even so, my drives are straighter and I am not nearly as worried about taking a full athletic swing without thinking the ball is headed to the weeds.

If anyone was planning to watch the PNC father and son event this weekend they have moved up the tee times Saturday due to weather.

It will be on Peacock at 8:15 live tomorrow morning if you care to watch it.

Reactions: parrott
If anyone was planning to watch the PNC father and son event this weekend they have moved up the tee times Saturday due to weather.

It will be on Peacock at 8:15 live tomorrow morning if you care to watch it.

His swing is not the issue. Dude can beat about anyone with that swing alone. We need to see him consistently walk without a noticeable limp and hold up for 4 days before getting too excited about this latest comeback installment in the Woods saga.

I've enjoyed watching the PNC as much as any tournament. And no it's not just the Woods. As a parent, it tugs at you seeing these pro's getting to compete with their kids (or vice versa). Although Maybe they should limit it to where either the kid is not an adult or the parent is 60+. I do think the use of multiple tee boxes is good.

I've enjoyed watching the PNC as much as any tournament. And no it's not just the Woods. As a parent, it tugs at you seeing these pro's getting to compete with their kids (or vice versa). Although Maybe they should limit it to where either the kid is not an adult or the parent is 60+. I do think the use of multiple tee boxes is good.
I thought the PGA-LPGA tournament was a nice change as well

PNC might be the worst silly season event ever, especially when it's Tiger/Charlie 24/7 leading up to it. I feel sorry for the kid having to put up w/ this and Tiger not putting a halt on the media coverage. Let the kid grow up, good grief. The expectations are already off the charts and he's in for a rude awakening down the road. One can only hope he has learned from his dad's numerous off the course f'-ups and doesn't get caught up in the celeb status.

Over/under for Charlie’s back surgeries.
Hard not to like Will McGee. Hope there is a future for him in the sport.

Over/under for Charlie’s back surgeries.
Hard not to like Will McGee. Hope there is a future for him in the sport.
Can say that for a lot of these young kids hitting the ball a mile and contorting their bodies/back in ways that are not going to be kind to them down the road.

PNC might be the worst silly season event ever, especially when it's Tiger/Charlie 24/7 leading up to it. I feel sorry for the kid having to put up w/ this and Tiger not putting a halt on the media coverage. Let the kid grow up, good grief. The expectations are already off the charts and he's in for a rude awakening down the road. One can only hope he has learned from his dad's numerous off the course f'-ups and doesn't get caught up in the celeb status.
Based on an article I read the other day, by the sounds of it, he is already getting the big head. To be fair though if I were Tiger's son and had unlimited financial resources and adored on by media I would probably be the same way.

Can say that for a lot of these young kids hitting the ball a mile and contorting their bodies/back in ways that are not going to be kind to them down the road.
My daughter is 14 and super limber. I tell her all the time to not overswing because her backswing arm position is around 12:00 even when I tell her to just go back to what feels more like 10:00. She just thinks because she is limber and can go back that far that she needs to to get extra distance. I can't get her to comprehend that her accuracy is affected which can hurt more than the few extra yards she gains.

My daughter is 14 and super limber. I tell her all the time to not overswing because her backswing arm position is around 12:00 even when I tell her to just go back to what feels more like 10:00. She just thinks because she is limber and can go back that far that she needs to to get extra distance. I can't get her to comprehend that her accuracy is affected which can hurt more than the few extra yards she gains.
That seems to be the modern method of instruction. Teach the young kids to hit the ball a mile first. Then worry about gaining accuracy later. It doesn't seem to work the other way around, i.e., much harder to gain distance as you mature, from what I have read anyway.

Speaking of LIV, saw in a business article that LIV grossed a whopping $100M last year (a small fraction of the PGA gross) and only $3M was from TV revenue. Almost none of their teams were able to get any sponsors worth much. In short, pretty much confirms what most of us already knew, LIV is just Saudi sportswashing, has no real economic model that is sustainable. Nobody gives two craps about the Range Goats vs. the Crushers, and honestly, I can't see a scenario when the general public ever will.

One of LIV’s media problems will be too many events that take place outside US in poor time slots.

The article TSK references talks about tradition and history of seeing players playing the same course, knowing what has happened in prior years. LIV has none of that, yet..

Reactions: parrott and Tskware
I only tune into golf from the Honda Classic onwards until CFB season, but…if you watch LIV, you have serious mental issues.

• Love
Reactions: Tskware
He’s an interesting cat. Playing things close to the vest, appearing unemotional, calculating, may seem to some as not answering the questions, having an air of selfishness. The proof will be in the pudding which is a long game. Good to great player. He’s similar to Tiger in that regard. Tiger was never a man for all as he never let anyone inside. So, until proven otherwise we’ll have to take him at his word.

Yearly golf trip we're going to Charleston this year. Ocean Course booked. $650 🙄
It’s a phenomenal track (if it is windy good luck) but these insane green fees are getting out of control, but as long as enough folks pay it they will keep going up. Heard Sawgrass is close to $900 a round now.

Heard Sawgrass is close to $900 a round now.

By the time you add tips, drinks, etc....the first rate will hit that.

COURSE NAMESEPTEMBER – MAY RATEJUNE – AUGUST RATE
THE PLAYERS STADIUM COURSESTARTING AT $650 PER PLAYER*STARTING AT $450 PER PLAYER*

Harbor Town, Whistling Straits, hits 6 bills during peak season as well.

Got lucky enough to play TPC Sawgrass for free in 2006.

Played Harbour Town in February 2022 for about $250.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT