ADVERTISEMENT

GOLF thread

A lot to unfold here. Is he blaming Billy Walters for using and enabling him?
Is there a hidden allusion to his cheating on his wife and that's why he thanks her?
Pretty long winded. Did not make me like him more or feel one ounce of sorry here.
Now that it's come to light on a grand scale it reminds me of the old Dennis Miller line, "Everyone finds God in the back of the police car".
Phil is a POS

It's a load of crap that they don't have a playoff in these things. I think we can actually blame Jack Nicklaus for that. Captains pick 1 player each and go play sudden death. I think it was Nicklaus and Gary Player agreed after Ernie Els and I forget who had gone 2 extra holes and they decided it was too much pressure so they called it a tie. What a load of crap.

I’m fine with halves up until singles day. On singles day, if a match is tied, keep playing extra holes until somebody wins. Tying 14-14 and a team retaining the cup seems weak to me. If for some reason it’s still tied after singles, each captain picks a player until they win.

Disappointed in Lexie T and Stacy Lewis who were whiny on Saturday when a reporter asked Lexie about her shanked chip on 18 during the 2 player matches. Refused to answer the question, said it was a terrible question, etc. I mean, what else was the reporter supposed to ask - "where you going out to eat tonight?" Geezus, you are a pro athlete, stand up there and give a straight answer about your performance.

As for ties, meh, that has been the rules for decades, I am OK with it.

Some of the American girls gagged all over the back nine, but yes, Solheim and Ryder Cup ties should be done away with.

You won the cup two years ago, why should you get to keep it for 2 more years when you didn't actually win it again?

Lexi Thompson playing the PGA Tour event next week in Vegas. Her game is not what it was a couple of years ago, so hopefully this isn't a disaster, especially around the greens.

Josh Teater at age 44 about 4 spots from getting his PGA card back if he can finish in top 30 for Korn Ferry tour, but needs a really good finish this weekend

Josh Teater at age 44 about 4 spots from getting his PGA card back if he can finish in top 30 for Korn Ferry tour, but needs a really good finish this weekend

Props to him for being a grinder and sticking this out. He needs to be no worse than a T21st to get his card.

Reactions: Tskware
Newest state rankings from Golf Digest...

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/best-in-state-rankings

Kentucky...

https://www.golfdigest.com/places-to-play/collections/kentucky-best-golf-courses-rankings

Valhalla
Olde Stone
Idle Hour
Hurstbourne
Keene Trace
Lex CC
Big Spring
Traditions
Univ. Louisville GC
Persimmon Ridge

Interesting blip about Idle Hour from the link...Perhaps the most exclusive club in Kentucky has found its way onto our ranking of Kentucky’s Best Golf Courses for the first time—thanks to finally obtaining enough ballots to be considered.

Newest state rankings from Golf Digest...

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/best-in-state-rankings

Kentucky...

https://www.golfdigest.com/places-to-play/collections/kentucky-best-golf-courses-rankings

Valhalla
Olde Stone
Idle Hour
Hurstbourne
Keene Trace
Lex CC
Big Spring
Traditions
Univ. Louisville GC
Persimmon Ridge

Interesting blip about Idle Hour from the link...Perhaps the most exclusive club in Kentucky has found its way onto our ranking of Kentucky’s Best Golf Courses for the first time—thanks to finally obtaining enough ballots to be considered.

I have played them all several times except for Big Spring (never) and Traditions (only once) and it would be hard for me to argue with the top 10, maybe quibble a bit on the order, but a solid list. But I have never played Lou CC or some of the other really exclusive clubs in Jefferson County, so maybe they belong as well.

Rolled in a long one to save par on 17 and then parred 18 to get in.

Guy named Tuten gets in on the number only to be assessed a 2 stroke penalty for illegal placement in fairway and misses out on tour card.

Happy for Josh. I have met him a couple of times and he seems like a good dude.
I can't imagine what it's like to labor in the minor leagues for years to get your card back at his age. Most of the guys he was playing against yesterday looked to be in their early to mid-twenties.

Did not realize he has had multiple million dollar years, totaling $6million lifetime PGA.

He's got about $450k in Fed Ex Cup money and another $180k in cut money coming to him. Now he has a chance to build on it.

^^^awesome.

This quote speaks volumes..."They’re just not playing in a format where they can be ranked equitably with the other 24 tours and thousands of players trying to compete on them.”

In other words, your 54 hole, no cut, exhibitions, just don't cut it.

Reactions: The Snoke
No cut, no turnover of talent gives you very little to work with to determine how well someone is playing.
There are quite a few with average finishes of 30th or worse. Phil is at 29th average finish.
This is bottom 3rd of LIV tour. Without exemptions they would be off PGA Tour but not, it seems, LIV.
Chase Koepka is essentially getting an undeserved sponsors exemption each week.
8% of top PGA Fed Ex 100 is over 40, while 27% of LIV 48 is over 40, showing most don't play their best golf over 40.
The bottom 10 on LIV have 3 top 10s total, no way any of them keep their card on PGA.
How do you reconcile that against the rigors of other tours? You can't.

Lexi has been outstanding....major props. However, it is interesting to see the same issues that have been haunting her on the LPGA tour are rearing their head so far this week....putting, and taking advantage of really good birdie opps.

RIP...

10872.jpg

Vin Scully, Bob Sheppard, Chick Hearn, and Ivor Robson....their voices were iconic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT