ADVERTISEMENT

GOLF thread

Watching now. JT looking good so far. DJ had off first day, but solid today. Damn wish I was there. 80 verses 35? Kentucky sucks in January.

Reactions: cawoodsct

I haven't heard what the slur was but I can't imagine missing a putt and muttering a homophobic slur. Now a swear word I could totally see but a homophobic slur?

The mics were picking up EVERTHING at Kapalua. Rahm and English were fairly colorful.

I need tips. I can crush the golf ball for someone that is horrible. Drive it 280, hit a 4 iron over 200 yards, but I suck and am so inconsistent. I assume I need to stop focusing on how hard I hit it and making better consistent contact, but someone tell me something here to change my game. My handicap is a ridiculous 27. I’ve broke 90 like 5 times and I’ve been playing 4 years, and that was on some very easy courses in my hometown.

I need tips. I can crush the golf ball for someone that is horrible. Drive it 280, hit a 4 iron over 200 yards, but I suck and am so inconsistent. I assume I need to stop focusing on how hard I hit it and making better consistent contact, but someone tell me something here to change my game. My handicap is a ridiculous 27. I’ve broke 90 like 5 times and I’ve been playing 4 years, and that was on some very easy courses in my hometown.
Hear you man. Sounds like we are at exactly the same place. Golfed casually some twinty five or thirty years ago. Decided I was gonna get back into the game. Shit, it’s sucks. But, I am improving, slowly, thanks to being able to practice with every club at my house. Else I would be lost. All I can add is keep hitting and hitting. Practice makes perfect, so they say.

Reactions: drcats2013

Lots of videos and tips on YouTube. But don't get too much information. Overloading the brain will not help your game.

Lots of videos and tips on YouTube. But don't get too much information. Overloading the brain will not help your game.
Good advice. I would find articles on the net and read constantly how to hit a certain club etc. Then go out and try to remember it all while staring at the ball in my stance. Couldn’t hit it for nothing. I’ve finally found out for me it’s best to concentrate on one thing at a time. Fix that then go to the next. That’s just me, I’ve got a long way to go.

get lessons. Stop hitting the driver off the tee. What aspect of the game is causing you to shoot so high? I would recommend hitting a hybrid off the tee and getting it into the fairway. Then hit shorter irons into the green and go at it old man style and just keep the ball in front of you.

My best round is when I told myself I was going to treat pars like I would birdies and treat bogeys like pars. Small mental trick but it did help keep me from making dumb or overly aggressive choices on the course

Na has really turned his career around the last 5 years. Goes from a guy nobody wanted to play with because he played too slow to a guy who has become like-able and learned how to win.

Reactions: cawoodsct
I remember hating Na for the waggling stuff about 10 years ago. I can't imagine what it was like to actually play with him. I'm glad he was able to overcome that.

Spieth needs to go back to playing Golf and get away from all of the BS mechanics his golf instructor has completely screwed him up with. Cam helped get him to the dance but it seems like Jordan needs to go a different direction now to clear his head and get his feels back.

I will never forget a long time ago, I am sure it was Johnny Miller during a broadcast when Tiger was fresh on the scene. He said this kid is playing great but if he doesn't figure out something with that swing, he is going to have back problems later in his career. I always remembered that because it seemed like Tiger was dominant and indestructible. Even though I can't stand his ass, Miller knew what he was talking about then.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT