ADVERTISEMENT

GOLF thread

Daily high temp on same dates a year ago in Augusta...61/45/47/49
2018...52/52/54/46

Of course, it could also be sunny and 60 each day....should be interesting.

You don’t see them giving in by finishing between 2 and 2:45 on Sunday?

What is there is a playoff? Or a weather delay. They need to get done while the sun is shining.

I am thinking Augusta National knows how to run a golf tournament, especially their own.

So if anyone was still on the Jordan Spieth bandwagon; he double bogeyed his last hole to miss the cut at THE SAFEWAY OPEN!

Not a field of top players here and he cant make the cut. #davidduvalpart2

If you can’t root for Harry Higgs are you really a middle aged golfer with a spare tire drinking beer on the course on Saturday morning at 9:30?

Gotta like that kid. Can he be the new Lumpy?

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
Played Edgewood in Tahoe this past week. What a joy. Greens were brutal. Couldn't see the lake from so much of the wildfire smoke but we had a blast. Took 3 gummies and drank non-stop still carded a 92 so was pretty happy with myself. Rolled one up from 195 that was 6 inches from an Eagle.

Wife starting to play again after many years on the sideline. Which companies make the best clubs for women in case I want to spring for some new ones? Her old ones came from the Walmart discount bin, I think.

Yearly golf trip to Kentucky Dam Village coming up this weekend. Always have a good time. Three days of golf, gambol and booze is just what the doctor ordered. Weather looks to be awesome.

Wife starting to play again after many years on the sideline. Which companies make the best clubs for women in case I want to spring for some new ones? Her old ones came from the Walmart discount bin, I think.
If budget is not an issue, believe Calloway and Cobra are the best brands for women clubs.

If budget is not an issue, believe Calloway and Cobra are the best brands for women clubs.

I like both of their woods and hybrids, thanks!

P.S. You must not be married. Of course budget is an issue for ME, but not for my wife. :)

I like both of their woods and hybrids, thanks!

P.S. You must not be married. Of course budget is an issue for ME, but not for my wife. :)
Oh, I am married. My wife had the same idea and I laid down $2k to buy her a nice set of Calloway's about 5 years ago only for them to collect dust after she got tired of playing after 2 weeks.

• Haha
Reactions: Tskware
Oh, I am married. My wife had the same idea and I laid down $2k to buy her a nice set of Calloway's about 5 years ago only for them to collect dust after she got tired of playing after 2 weeks.
Would you entertain an offer of about $200?

Anyone ever played Bomb Tech wedges? Looking to get 52, 56 & 60 degree wedges without having to mortgage my home. I purchase a set of Wilson D7 irons but the pitching wedge and gap wedge that came with the set are lofted to high so I need some wedges for around the green. I was looking at the Bomb Tech Limited Edition wedge set on their sight. I watched a few videos on YouTube and they seem to get good reviews on there but I don't always trust those people aren't being paid to give glowing reviews. Just curious if anyone had ever hit them.

I just bought a set of Lady Hagen clubs with a bag, 1 dozen new Callaway balls and 2 new Footjoy gloves for $30 from a lady. She said she bought some property and they were in a out building. The only clubs that had even been hit was the driver, 7, 9 and PW. The others had never been hit. I figure someone bought them, went to the range a couple of times and put them up. They are too big for my daughter but if my wife ever decides to play she can use them or my daughter can when she gets older. If she gets good enough I will get her a better set to play later.

Anyone ever played Bomb Tech wedges? Looking to get 52, 56 & 60 degree wedges without having to mortgage my home. I purchase a set of Wilson D7 irons but the pitching wedge and gap wedge that came with the set are lofted to high so I need some wedges for around the green. I was looking at the Bomb Tech Limited Edition wedge set on their sight. I watched a few videos on YouTube and they seem to get good reviews on there but I don't always trust those people aren't being paid to give glowing reviews. Just curious if anyone had ever hit them.
I’d get a used name brand before I did that. U can easily find good “few years ago model” wedges for about $50 a piece.

2 rounds in last weekend in Destin before Sally raised hell. Kelly Plantation was awesome as usual....just a wonderful course in all areas. The pre-storm winds that were swirling played hell, however.

6 rounds in 72 hours. I found my limit for how much golf I like to play. The courses at Fairfield Glade were much better than I expected. Would gladly play them again.

But damn, there’s nothing to do after golf. Cracker Barrel is the most upscale dining they have. 😂

6 rounds in 72 hours. I found my limit for how much golf I like to play. The courses at Fairfield Glade were much better than I expected. Would gladly play them again.

But damn, there’s nothing to do after golf. Cracker Barrel is the most upscale dining they have. 😂
Assuming you are going with a large group, if you return anytime soon there is a community center that has a room with simulator and tv you can rent out.

Reactions: TruBluCatFan
Tiger is opening up his new course Design today built in honor of Payne Stewart. A match with him and JT against Rory and Rose will be on the golf channel at 2:30 with the live match starting at 3pm, if you care to tune in.

Reactions: treuxbleux
Tiger and JT win the coveted Payne’s Valley Cup.

EijrQPcU8AAVq2r

Last edited:
Reactions: treuxbleux
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT