ADVERTISEMENT

GOLF thread

We got a ton of rain last night so the course was really sloppy. We had a good showing in the men's game today but we could roll it anywhere because of how wet it was. Should scores be posted? If it matters member-guest starts this upcoming Friday.

I didn't think I was going to like John Rahm but he's starting to grow on me. That penalty stroke yesterday was one of the biggest bonehead moments. I'm glad he did let it ruin him.

Those putts on 18 that DJ made to tie and then the one Rahm made to win were just amazing. However, I bet they could go back and putt 100 times and not make them. Just amazing stuff. Those guys are good.

Some amazing play with the LPGA as well. I like watching the gals play golf:

1. they are nice to look at
2. They hit about the same distance as I do, so I can relate to them better
3. I can’t relate to a 160 yard PW, or a 200 yard 8 iron, nor a 340 drive.

Looking to get some clubs and get fitted.. who's the best? Obviously want someone very knowledgeable and thorough.

Looking to get some clubs and get fitted.. who's the best? Obviously want someone very knowledgeable and thorough.

Funny you should ask, I went yesterday to a local shop just looking for a better shaft for my driver, and after seeing me hit a few balls, they basically suggested I buy one of their new drivers.

And I may do it, because it did seem like a better club, but that was hardly what I was looking for in a "personal fitting."

It is for my 11 year old daughter who has a real difficult time guessing the yardage from 150 yards and in, which is where she really needs to know the most. Anything further than that she knows is a 3 wood for her right now but from there in is where I think a rangefinder would help her to know which club to hit.
If she’s 11, she probably is using a push cart. We bought my daughter a Garmin watch. She attached it to the handle of her cart and could push it right up to her ball. Got an accurate distance which is all you can use anyways for youth tournaments.

I saw lots of kids with range finders but really for what you use it for, I think the watch is a much better bargain.

Reactions: Creed Bratton
6 majors

Eg7M29jWAAEBcnO

Reactions: parrott
Are we sure we will be in the clear to have crowds by next spring? I am not at all sure we will have a vaccine or that anything will be dramatically different. This COVID crap seems to want to hang around . . .

There is no reason there shouldn't be fans in attendance NOW. The organizers simply don't want to put forth the effort to allow it. CV19 may or may not around but for the most part, that is irrelevant, as this country can't continue to put things on hold in terms of allowing people to spend money.....sports needs fans to survive or sponsorships will dry up.

There is no reason there shouldn't be fans in attendance NOW. The organizers simply don't want to put forth the effort to allow it. CV19 may or may not around but for the most part, that is irrelevant, as this country can't continue to put things on hold in terms of allowing people to spend money.....sports needs fans to survive or sponsorships will dry up.

There is no question that before too long there is going to be a critical mass that will say "F it", we need to get back to work and regular life. Just can't see the world going on like this for another 12-18 months.

Watching the tour championship and found myself asking - who the hell is Lanto Griffin?

I watch most tournaments, weekends anyway, and have never heard of this guy. How is it possible he is in the top 30?

Watching the tour championship and found myself asking - who the hell is Lanto Griffin?

I watch most tournaments, weekends anyway, and have never heard of this guy. How is it possible he is in the top 30?

One of his best friends posts on hoopla. He's a really good golfer that hasn't put it all together yet.

Rory just duffed his 2nd on 18 and went 10 ft in front of him into the water. Hacker shot.

I don’t see them as laying down at all... with daylight savings time ending in November the sun is gonna set at around 5:30 (so finishing around that time Saturday to lead into LSU/Bama is to be expected). Also, they just early finished Sunday because of expected weather last year and it was fantastic.

(waiting on Champs to comment on the coverage)

Reactions: cole854
Not at all. Starting Masters Sunday during breakfast will be again be awesome (just like it was last year). They had to know they were taking the CBS NFL 1:00 slot when they rescheduled to November and the rave reviews of last years early start probably convinced them they really aren’t losing anything doing it again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT