ADVERTISEMENT

Go Beat Tennesse This Weekend-- Hawkeyeland Cheering You On!

rucker4

Freshman
Dec 8, 2021
Will be rooting the Cats on against Tennessee this weekend from Iowa!!

I used to travel a ton to Tennessee, especially Nashville, during my work career and to say the Vol fans there aren't completely over the top is a huge understatement (something I know you all already know). They remind me of Nebraska fans here in the Big 10-- they live in the past and they believe truly they should be playing for national championships annually. Nothing better than to see Kentucky take them down this weekend.

Meanwhile here in Iowa, we have our huge problems being 3-4 but moreso, having tons of negativity swirling around the program-- mainly due to their horrific offensive play which is led by the HCs son.

Now go take care of business on Saturday!!

I used to travel a ton to Tennessee, especially Nashville, during my work career and to say the Vol fans there aren't completely over the top is a huge understatement (something I know you all already know). They remind me of Nebraska fans here in the Big 10-- they live in the past
Seems like Iowa is living in the past with that archaic offense. Hot tip to Ferentz - the purpose of an offense is to actually score points, not set the opponent up to score points. Your welcome.

Seems like Iowa is living in the past with that archaic offense. Hot tip to Ferentz - the purpose of an offense is to actually score points, not set the opponent up to score points. Your welcome.
Kirk Ferentz is facing more heat this season here than he has maybe since his very early tenure at Iowa over 20 years ago when he was just trying to get things going. And honestly, the 3-4 record so far isn't the biggest reason-- it's more of the "why" Iowa's gotten to this point. The "why" lies within a historically bad offense (last year was almost as bad) and the nepotism issue having his son as the OC.

Kirk believes everything will eventually be OK with hard work, not trashing the plan, and staying consistent. Many of us simply believe this time he's calculating wrong.

I used to travel a ton to Tennessee, especially Nashville, during my work career and to say the Vol fans there aren't completely over the top is a huge understatement (something I know you all already know). They remind me of Nebraska fans here in the Big 10-- they live in the past and they believe truly they should be playing for national championships annually. Nothing better than to see Kentucky take them down this weekend.

Meanwhile here in Iowa, we have our huge problems being 3-4 but moreso, having tons of negativity swirling around the program-- mainly due to their horrific offensive play which is led by the HCs son.

Except Tennessee is number three in the nation and Nebraska is number 138

Except Tennessee is number three in the nation and Nebraska is number 138
I'm not talking about this season-- I'm talking this is just a theme that's always existed at these two places. Nebraska has fired 5 HCs and 3 ADs in the past 16 years but yet their fans demand national title like teams and why coaches hired there aren't kept long. Their fans think in a time warp as if this is again the 70s, 80s, and 90s. Hell Iowa has beaten them now 8 of last 9 meetings, 7 in a row, and I think 4 or 5 in a row in Lincoln.

Kirk Ferentz is facing more heat this season here than he has maybe since his very early tenure at Iowa over 20 years ago when he was just trying to get things going. And honestly, the 3-4 record so far isn't the biggest reason-- it's more of the "why" Iowa's gotten to this point. The "why" lies within a historically bad offense (last year was almost as bad) and the nepotism issue having his son as the OC.

Kirk believes everything will eventually be OK with hard work, not trashing the plan, and staying consistent. Many of us simply believe this time he's calculating wrong.
I just saw the press conference that Ferentz had basically claiming victim hood in regard to the questions he was asked, in that press conference.
I certainly don’t give a rats behind about Iowa one way, or the other, but when you call out reporters publicly , calling it an interrogation , when you are having a terrible year with the most boring offense in all of college football…. Let’s just say it’s not a good look, and definitely will make them come at him, even more, knowing reporters. What is the mood of the fans up there?

Reactions: rucker4
We need Iowa to turn it around. I’m afraid if they came after Stoops it would be hard for him to turn them down since he played there.
I think Iowa has started a decline with Ferentz-- we are now 7-8 in our last 15 games since starting last year 6-0 and #2 in America. With as competitive as everything is now, I have said that if Iowa finishes with a losing season this season then again next, Kirk won't be here in 2024.

I've said several times on this board: I'd be surprised if Mark Stoops isn't the first guy called when the job does finally open, however, I do not see Mark leaving Kentucky at this stage. He's done too much at UK to leave now. I think he'll be like older brother Bob and stay at the same place as HC his entire career.

I just saw the press conference that Ferentz had basically claiming victim hood in regard to the questions he was asked, in that press conference.
I certainly don’t give a rats behind about Iowa one way, or the other, but when you call out reporters publicly , calling it an interrogation , when you are having a terrible year with the most boring offense in all of college football…. Let’s just say it’s not a good look, and definitely will make them come at him, even more, knowing reporters. What is the mood of the fans up there?
Kirk stuck his foot in his mouth again yesterday with the "interrogation" comment. Just stupid-- he has let that reporter from Cleveland live in his head since the harsh questions Saturday. Why Kirk felt a need to lash back yesterday and just not let that go is beyond many of us. If you're going to have your son as OC, you better have a thick skin-- it's clear Kirk doesn't. It's just all a mess.

As for the fan base, generally the fans are angry and Kirk continues to give fans more reason to be angry besides this year's record. He's coming off as antiquated, as stubborn, as arrogant, as thin skinned with the media......just a bad ass situation now. Sad because until this year he was very well liked by the vast majority and rightly so. He keeps all this up and he's going to tarnish his legacy.

I'll be there. My first game in 4 years. At 84 I don't expect to attend many more.

Thanks man, we appreciate it. We'll root for you to get a new coaching staff too, so long as none are named Mark Stoops.

That’s true. But, after reading a few of your posts recently, just what team has your fandom? I smell oranges. Course, could be my sinuses acting up. No disrespect intended.
I suspect your sense of smell is very accurate.

So far, TittyVol has ridiculed our football schedule, questioned our collective intelligence, ridiculed the level of our board participation, and denied any shot for Kentucky to win, all whilst knowing the stats and middle names of players returning to the field for Tennessee from injury, and detailed stats of UT Football, all because of talking to his brother in law.

Maybe he is “for us,” but God what a burden he is. I bet he’s a thrill at family gatherings!

So far, TittyVol has ridiculed our football schedule, questioned our collective intelligence, ridiculed the level of our board participation, and denied any shot for Kentucky to win, all whilst knowing the stats and middle names of players returning to the field for Tennessee from injury, and detailed stats of UT Football, all because of talking to his brother in law.

Maybe he is “for us,” but God what a burden he is. I bet he’s a thrill at family gatherings!
Well, as I said in another thread, I’m gonna withold judgement. But I’ve smelled lots of crap in my day from working on the farm. The manure spreader needs greasing, but still works.

The biggest giveaway is his screen name. Obviously a Phil Fulmer reference.

Iowa’s offense was so bad it actually helped the over hit last weekend (who would have thought!). Looking at the individuals on Iowa’s defense it is amazing to see all of those fine student-athletes play so well against Ohio State’s offense. Like a bunch of Bob and Mark Stoops’ running around and making plays!

With a total offense just in the 70s-90s Iowa would easily be a top 15 team. Just a pulse. I wonder what the defense thinks about their teammates?

You’re hurting my feelings I don’t go to family gatherings
They have disowned me

It took me juuuuust a second . . . . :).
That’s funny I don’t care who you are…. I really don’t think you understand how much I cannot stand Phat Ph$&&(kiN Phul Philmer…
He does have a set of mammary glands…
The best thing that could’ve happened to UK would’ve been Phulmer as the AD for a long time.
Brother-in-law sent me an article when he was named AD from the Knoxville paper
“I thought washed up football coaches, becoming athletic directors, went the way of the typewriter and the dodo bird”
P S. I am trying to get rid of my man boobs.

Maybe you should also go to a site of your alma mater or don't they have one? I'm not a UK grad but follow things here-- the same in both cases as you.
Went to Jefferson Community College for 3 years when it was under the umbrella of UK like all other community colleges in the state. Got free tickets to games back in the days as a student of UK...so there's that. Best of luck to tuou and your Hawkeyes. Always welcome here. Was speaking of puke orange fans.

Last edited:

When Ferentz “retires” this winter, do you think Iowa brings Mark home? His schedules about to get a lot tougher with pods and the likely loss of a MAC every year if they go 9 conference games. Yeah the Big 10 plays 9 conference games but it’s the Big Ten west. Easy to win.

He/She/It registered Oct 13,2022. Their first five posts were:
1. Very kind words…..but…. UK has beaten UT 26 out of 117 contests against Tennessee. They even beat us when we are good, and they are bad. Can we beat them? I don’t think the money line will be very good let’s put it that way.
2. Miss St 35 UK 17 prediction in Old Reds contest
3. I’m just asking if you were a recruit, why would you ever come to Kentucky to play wide receiver, with this boring offense Hell I would go to the Vols….. forget all the bias and prejudice. It’s not a gimmick Heupel has done this everywhere, Missouri, UCF and now, Tennessee. You can hate them...
4. OK I always try to leave emotion out of anything Kentucky .. so—-this is just one man’s opinion. I’m 70 years old. Kentucky has beaten Tennessee in football 25% of their encounters. When you go over the last 40 years it’s about 10%. They seem to beat us when they are terrible and we are good...
5. Unlike our basketball program, as long as we have existed we refuse to play big intersectional tough schools in football unlike Tennessee, Georgia and Alabama LSU. The big orange idiots to the south play home in homes with UCLA, Oregon, Pittsburgh, Oklahoma, etc yes they all played cupcakes but...

Thanks for the support. Does Iowa have a sports message board ?

When Ferentz “retires” this winter, do you think Iowa brings Mark home? His schedules about to get a lot tougher with pods and the likely loss of a MAC every year if they go 9 conference games. Yeah the Big 10 plays 9 conference games but it’s the Big Ten west. Easy to win.
Prior to this year Iowa was 63-25 since 2015.

ADVERTISEMENT