ADVERTISEMENT

Game of Thrones

I try to be patient & not look down on those who have not read the books or delved into the details of the storyline like my semiobsessed ass has done, but thinking Jaime touching Lannister will somehow be in the line of succession is pretty freaking foolish

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: bigblueinsanity
goddamnit I try to be patient & not look down on those who have not read the books or delved into the details of the storyline like my semiobsessed ass has done, but thinking Jaime touching Lannister will somehow be in the line of succession is pretty freaking foolish
Thanks for being patient with all of us idiots your holiness.

That guy is wrong. Cersei will likely try to claim the throne, but he's still wrong.

Jon snow, if the theories are correct, has the best claim to the throne even over crazy dany

There has never been a Queen sit on the Iron Throne which makes me think that succession ignores the ladies. If that is the case I would think Sir Kevan is the next in line.

That guy is wrong. Cersei will likely try to claim the throne, but he's still wrong.

Assuming that people buy that Robert Baratheon is the father of Cersei's kids, Jaime is the closest male heir now that he is relieved of his Kingsguard duties. Fairly simple.

It won't eventually matter but it is not wrong.

The Baratheon claim to the throne is based upon a claim through the female Targaryen line. It's the reason Robert was chosen as king instead of Ned or Jon Arryn. That makes Dany the only heir with blood from the royal family. The fact that the Baratheon kings were installed based upon the blood of a female Targaryen is what makes her claim strongest.

You're right about it not mattering. Cersei will crown herself and demand Jaime return to King's Landing and help her rule. That won't go so well for her.

Reactions: Pope John Wall II
The Baratheon claim to the throne is based upon a claim through the female Targaryen line. It's the reason Robert was chosen as king instead of Ned or Jon Arryn. That makes Dany the only heir with blood from the royal family. The fact that the Baratheon kings were installed based upon the blood of a female Targaryen is what makes her claim strongest.

You're right about it not mattering. Cersei will crown herself and demand Jaime return to King's Landing and help her rule. That won't go so well for her.
That did play a role at least. But Ned Stark did not want the iron throne and I would imagine neither did Job Aryn. Robert was still a usurper. He took the iron throne because he was a BMF back when he unseated the mad King. Robert was said to be one of the best warriors in all of Westros at this time, he killed Rhaegar in single combat and Rhaegar was supposed to be a good fighter. Robert was big strong and described as being very handsome, we've seen young Ned and can confirm he wasn't the most handsome guy lol. Robert was endorsed for the biggest reason being that he kicked ass and killed all the Targaryeans that mattered at the time aside from Khalessi and Vanrys.

All that stuff is true, but the legal precedent set by installing Robert as king was to rely upon his Targaryen blood through his grandmother to establish his claim to the throne. If I had to guess, this was done not to deny Ned the throne, but to deny Tywin Lannister the throne. The Lannister army held King's Landing, the Lannisters killed the king, and the Lannisters wiped out the remaining heirs found in the Red Keep.

What about Robert Baratheon's illegitimate child? The blacksmith apprentice. I don't think he died. But I think Ned Stark was the only one who knew about him.

Though I guess we will never see in the TV series but what about Aegon VI the son of Rhaegar and Elia who in the book Varys claims he switch and was not killed by The Mountain when he killed Elia. Would he be next in line if alive?

Yes. Aegon VI comes before Jon or Dany even if Jon is recognized as a legitimate son of Rhaegar and Lyanna. Of course in the books, Myrcella was allegedly still alive and Arianne Martell was plotting to crown her queen.

Reactions: WonderBraa
A lot of chatter in the fan blogs about ....
Lady Stoneheart making an appearance in this episode. Most people point to the preview for the finale, and Frey's comments alluding to the Red Wedding....

Lady Stoneheart making an appearance in this episode. Most people point to the preview for the finale, and Frey's comments alluding to the Red Wedding....

That's been where the storyline was heading since we saw the hound return imo

Still skeptical. There has been the exact same chatter at the end of the past two seasons.

Reactions: chitown87
SPOILER

The season finale will be an hour of GRRM reading from the book, "The Winds of Winter", which will be made available for digital download Sunday night.

Reactions: CoolCat45
Would like some more of Bran and get 100% clarification that Jon is the son of Lyanna and Rhaegar. And some other good flashbacks hopefully before this season is over.

SPOILER

The season finale will be an hour of GRRM reading from the book, "The Winds of Winter", which will be made available for digital download Sunday night.

At least 30 minutes of which will be him explaining why he hasn't finished the book.

Reactions: _ukcat
LSH will show up with Strong Belwas, Victarion Greyjoy and Jalahbar Xho

Tired of the trifling in this thread.

Yes or no- we get LSH in the season finale?

I say... yes.

Vote by Saturday at midnight.

Anyone heard the theory that Jon Snow May in fact be the son of Neds SISTER?
th

Reactions: DaBossIsBack
I bet we see lady stone heart next episode or first episode of next season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT