ADVERTISEMENT

Game of Thrones

Thanks for that link.. It an amazing read for me since I have read the books plus the other novellets that GRRM has done on the subject.

Reactions: DaBossIsBack
I've thought from the first ten minutes of the first episode Bran was the worst

Theon & his sis are gonna nab themselves a dragon, just you watch

Littlefinger & Sweetrobin's knights of Vale are going to ride in at the last minute saving Snow's Squad in the massive BastardBowl battle...just like Tywin Lannister did at Battle of the Blackwater, Stannis did on the Wildlings wall assault.

everything on this show that is not around Winterfell or the Wall feels like pathetic inferior inconsequential filler

Hell with King's landing and Bravos...... I absolutely dont care whats going on there when its pretty obvious the climax of the show will revolve around the Stark's and Targaryen's .... and we dont need to see Aria anymore until she's done with her training and back in westeros to assasinate which ever big character to fulfill her plot line.

I disagree. At some point everything will come together. Outside of Dorne I really don't mind the other plot lines. But even Dorne will have to play a role in the end. I thought last week's pacing was great and I hope they stick with that approach going forward.

I disagree. At some point everything will come together. Outside of Dorne I really don't mind the other plot lines. But even Dorne will have to play a role in the end. I thought last week's pacing was great and I hope they stick with that approach going forward.
You really know your stuff. Like you, I disagree when everyone says they could do without everything except the north. Everything will come together. People forget that there are 2 more seasons after this

How can you not like the Kings Landing story? Sparrows vs Lannisters vs Tyrells. Plus a possible Clegane-Bowl.

Did Sansa send Brienne to Riverrun? Pretty sure Jamie is heading that direction soon as well, so I'm sure they will cross paths again. Does that mean we finally get Lady Stoneheart?

Reactions: DaBossIsBack
People forget that there are 2 more seasons after this

I think D&D said they feel like there's about 13-14 episodes left after this season. If that's the case then I wonder if they will do two short seasons, or one long one.

I think D&D said they feel like there's about 13-14 episodes left after this season. If that's the case then I wonder if they will do two short seasons, or one long one.
I believe that their intentions are to have 2 short seasons. The last season should be the second war of the dawn.

How can you not like the Kings Landing story? Sparrows vs Lannisters vs Tyrells. Plus a possible Clegane-Bowl.

Did Sansa send Brienne to Riverrun? Pretty sure Jamie is heading that direction soon as well, so I'm sure they will cross paths again. Does that mean we finally get Lady Stoneheart?
Brienne is headed to Riverrun. There is a lot of speculation that she, Lady Stoneheart, and Jaime will cross paths here. To my knowledge there weren't any leaked photos of Stoneheart on set. If this is their intention then they've done a pretty good job keeping it hidden. I'll believe it when I see it.

Reactions: NCukcat62
If they cut Kings Landing entirely out of the show except for being conquered by Dany at some point and seeing Cersei killed by Arya, my feelings wouldn't be hurt. Clegane has potential but he's only done one semi-exciting thing in half a season now.

Cutting it out would give them more time to focus on the WWs, the North, Brans visions of the past, etc.

Hell with King's landing and Bravos...... I absolutely dont care whats going on there when its pretty obvious the climax of the show will revolve around the Stark's and Targaryen's .... and we dont need to see Aria anymore until she's done with her training and back in westeros to assasinate which ever big character to fulfill her plot line.

what if she is hired to kill Jon Snow
what a twist that would be

This may be wildly unpopular but I find Daeny's story tedious beyond belief. Thank the Many Faced God that the showrunners had the foresight to put both Tyrion and Varys down there to prop up that debacle.

I also think her storyline is one of the worst, but is better in the books.

interested in what'll happen next for everyone in the books. I'm sure key events will remain the same.

and

#Holdthedoor. :-(

I want to know where the two dragons Tyrion let go went. I thought they were going to save danny but that didn't happen.

Isn't it weird that the children of the forest created the white walkers yet were powerless against them?

I think the whole Slavers Bay on-goings in the book are also awful, can't blame the show for not being able to make that interesting or compelling.
I want to know where the two dragons Tyrion let go went.
Tyrion didnt let them go, he just unchained them. they are still in the dungeons.
Isn't it weird that the children of the forest created the white walkers yet were powerless against them?
see: Frankenstein, Victor

Agreed. I think the show did well over there, all things considered.

Pretty much. The Mereenese Knot crap is just so flat out bad.

The show is doing the best it can with that. I'm not sure what to make of the comment above about Daeny's story being better in the books. It isn't. Objectively, it is boring and she's not doing anything other than being an immature, pretentious brat in a foreign land.

Reactions: JHB4UK and _Chase_
Pretty much. The Mereenese Knot crap is just so flat out bad.

The show is doing the best it can with that. I'm not sure what to make of the comment above about Daeny's story being better in the books. It isn't. Objectively, it is boring and she's not doing anything other than being an immature, pretentious brat in a foreign land.

I'm not sure that Daeny's storyline is better, but i think in general what's happening is better in the book. Because a lot of families are trying to get into good grace with Daeny, but obviously the dragon explodes out by end of book 5.

Dragons in the show is still inside, just unchained. In the book all three dragon is out and wild.

I'm not sure that Daeny's storyline is better, but i think in general what's happening is better in the book. Because a lot of families are trying to get into good grace with Daeny, but obviously the dragon explodes out by end of book 5.

Dragons in the show is still inside, just unchained. In the book all three dragon is out and wild.

No.

Hizdar Al Loraq (or whatever) and the rest of that ponderous mess of nothing can take a flying hike. The storyline sucks. It is ok to admit.

No.

Hizdar Al Loraq (or whatever) and the rest of that ponderous mess of nothing can take a flying hike. The storyline sucks. It is ok to admit.

but you just missed the example i had. Hinder Al Loraq isn't even what i was thinking about....

besides when the dragons were freed, it wasn't him. It was the guy from Dorne. I don't recall his name tho...

No.

also, i'm not saying it doesn't suck. I'm saying book is better than the show. I agree that it's a little shaky.

Show >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> book

In almost all regards, and it is rarified air when a show or movie is better than a book. Usually never happens.

Benji half man, half walker? He looked weird. Finally Arya's story might get better. Although he is a great guy King Tommlin needs to die, he's killing everything to do with the kings landing plot.

Pretty much a meh episode which is expected following last week.

Reactions: WildMoon
Good set up episode. Introduced to Heartsbane. Definitely some importance there. Lightbringer? Probably not but still it's always cool when a sword gets introduced on the show. Walder Frey is back. Some cool stuff about to go down in the riverlands. Zombie Benjin. First glimpse of the Mad King. Can't wait for next week.

Reactions: NCukcat62
pretty much every thing today was a set up to a conflict coming up.

Cold hand reveal wasn't too surprising, i think that was the most believed scenario out there.

Okay episode...it'll all depend on the closure in the next few episodes...

also, tower of joy scene seems to clearly be postponed till the end of the season, which kind of sucks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT