ADVERTISEMENT

Game of Thrones

Yeah, didn't get that either. Why did the other nights watch want to kill them?
not to spoil from the books, but perhaps they are trying to get Jon Snow's head because someone has sent threatening demands requesting it

All of Snow's enemies are at castle black. Cant imagine who would want his head unless it's the white walkers.

The red woman done been there and didn't offer to bring him back although its not too late.

They are not guarding the body. The body just happens to be present where they're gathered. The wolf is there to help them fight the other Night's Watchmen. The men in the room chose that path by deciding to skip out on the meeting Thorne called and avenge Jon. They were not initially targeted. They're plotting to kill Thorne for assassinating Jon. These were Jon's closest allies, some of whom were present at Hardhome, and they understand that Jon was correct in his dealings with the Wildlings. When they skipped out on the meeting that Thorne had called, that's when they acquired a target on their backs. Davos believes (likely correctly) that Thorne has no intention of allowing them to peacefully remain in the Night's Watch.

As far as Ramsey demanding Jon's head, that's not what is going on. This is just a power struggle in the Watch. My best guess as to what happens is that the Wildlings return at the last second to save Jon's allies and destroy the remaining members of the Night's Watch loyal to Thorne. Tormund will likely kill Thorne. That was foreshadowed with their fight in season four when the Wildlings attacked from the south. This will probably happen in the next episode or episode three. Jon will be resurrected shortly thereafter. I think they manage to stall Jon's resurrection to episode four by skipping Castle Black entirely in either episode two or three. The action at Castle Black will conclude with the battle ending and Jon's fate remaining unresolved.

In the books there is a very prominent Wildling female believed to be a priestess present at Castle Black. It would be very easy to introduce this character this season as part of the group that Jon saved at Hardhome. In fact, a lot of book readers thought that was the character Birgitte Hjort Sørensen would be playing last season. The idea of her bringing Jon back in service to the "Old Gods" instead of Melisandre resurrecting him has been a very popular fan theory for years. Either that or they just go the more predictable Melisandre route, but there better be a decent explanation as to why she didn't attempt to bring him back when she inspected his body last night.

They have their hands tied with Dorne with no Aegon in the show. Sort of makes the Dornish irrelevant. It sucks because you have to include them for Tyrion's trial, but now it's a mess without Aegon. I think Dorne itself fills that role and starts attacking in place of Aegon south of King's Landing. It would make a helluva lot more sense and be much better material with Aegon, but I understand why they cut that story.

I did think Doran echoed Ned Stark quite a bit last night. His want to protect children led to his ultimate demise and the guards he was counting on double crossed him when he was most dependent on them.

Probably should have just removed Dorne from the story completely once Oberyn died, unless they have a huge role in the end-game.
(Like I thought they were doing with House Greyjoy, but apparently they're coming back this season.)

I mean at some point there's going to be a scene where Cersei and Jaime discuss the ice zombies bearing down on them and a dragon flying overhead.

I'm not sure how the show gets there from here but that's going to be interesting.

They are not guarding the body. The body just happens to be present where they're gathered. The wolf is there to help them fight the other Night's Watchmen. The men in the room chose that path by deciding to skip out on the meeting Thorne called and avenge Jon. They were not initially targeted. They're plotting to kill Thorne for assassinating Jon. These were Jon's closest allies, some of whom were present at Hardhome, and they understand that Jon was correct in his dealings with the Wildlings. When they skipped out on the meeting that Thorne had called, that's when they acquired a target on their backs. Davos believes (likely correctly) that Thorne has no intention of allowing them to peacefully remain in the Night's Watch.

As far as Ramsey demanding Jon's head, that's not what is going on. This is just a power struggle in the Watch. My best guess as to what happens is that the Wildlings return at the last second to save Jon's allies and destroy the remaining members of the Night's Watch loyal to Thorne. Tormund will likely kill Thorne. That was foreshadowed with their fight in season four when the Wildlings attacked from the south. This will probably happen in the next episode or episode three. Jon will be resurrected shortly thereafter. I think they manage to stall Jon's resurrection to episode four by skipping Castle Black entirely in either episode two or three. The action at Castle Black will conclude with the battle ending and Jon's fate remaining unresolved.

In the books there is a very prominent Wildling female believed to be a priestess present at Castle Black. It would be very easy to introduce this character this season as part of the group that Jon saved at Hardhome. In fact, a lot of book readers thought that was the character Birgitte Hjort Sørensen would be playing last season. The idea of her bringing Jon back in service to the "Old Gods" instead of Melisandre resurrecting him has been a very popular fan theory for years. Either that or they just go the more predictable Melisandre route, but there better be a decent explanation as to why she didn't attempt to bring him back when she inspected his body last night.
More on that count: I think that Jon's funeral will need to take place so that the watch can announce "and now his watch is ended". With that phrase he is absolved of his vows to the Watch and can be made King of the North, marry, sire children or whatever he needs to do....so no resurrection until after a proper Night's Watch funeral. It will need to occur before the body is burned of course...

they burn Ollie alive in order to bring back Jon Snow, but as soon as they start lighting the fire Jon walks up to everyone and is all like "oh hey guys, I'm better now... but seriously go ahead with the burning Ollie alive" and they do because Ollie is the worst.

All of Snow's enemies are at castle black. Cant imagine who would want his head unless it's the white walkers.

The red woman done been there and didn't offer to bring him back although its not too late.
Roose Bolton would want it, he sent a man to infiltrate the Black before.
Stannis planned to give Jon the Stark name and Lord of Winterfell if he would supported him.

As for the Red Woman bring Jon back to life. She was surprised by the Red Priest to resurrect the leader of the Brotherhood without Banners. She may have never done the ritual and could cost her life in the process, my speculation.

Last edited:
How many seasons will we need to wait for the CleganeBowl?

Zombie Mountain vs. The "broken but reinvigorated at the thought of being able to kill his brother" Hound is boner inducing.

Reactions: Pope John Wall II
Why is there a group locked up in a room with Snow's dead body, and his dog? I'm trying to figure the end game there.
That's because Davos wants to protect jons body from being burned by Thorne. The other nights watch in the room with him were Jon snow friends and supporters. I suspect there will be a fight next week

More on that count: I think that Jon's funeral will need to take place so that the watch can announce "and now his watch is ended". With that phrase he is absolved of his vows to the Watch and can be made King of the North, marry, sire children or whatever he needs to do....so no resurrection until after a proper Night's Watch funeral. It will need to occur before the body is burned of course...
I just can't wait for the tower of joy scene. Answers will be answered

Why does everyone want Cleganebowl?
Why is no one satisfied that Sandor's journey is over once he finds peace and becomes the Gravedigger? It seems to me that his arc is complete and his story is finished. He let go of his hatred and "the Hound" is dead.

Why does everyone want Cleganebowl?
Why is no one satisfied that Sandor's journey is over once he finds peace and becomes the Gravedigger? It seems to me that his arc is complete and his story is finished. He let go of his hatred and "the Hound" is dead.

Fanboy service.

Will be surprised if it happens in either the books or show. (Especially the show).

It would take a ton of exposition to get from the Quiet Isle to Kings Landing. (Not that this would stop GRRM, but still, what's the point).

Shit I mean yeah....who really wants to see an epic battle between arguably the two greatest warriors in Westeros who happen to be brothers who hate each other, one of whom is a zombie leviathan murder machine?

Lame, IMO

You probably wekk it to Darth Maul.

OH GOSH, I'D REALLY LOVE TO JUST WATCH SANDOR REMAIN AT PEACE AND DIG GRAVES, HE'S BEEN THROUGH SO MUCH I JUST DON'T KNOW IF I CAN HANDLE WATCHING HIM GO THROUGH MORE PAIN, HE'S AT PEACE NOW LET'S HAVE HIM DIG GRAVES IN PEACE LOL BLESS HIS HEART, PRUDENCE CAN YOU GET ME A CUP OF WARM MILK AND A QUILT I'M A LITTLE CHILLY

Fanboy service.

Will be surprised if it happens in either the books or show. (Especially the show).

It would take a ton of exposition to get from the Quiet Isle to Kings Landing. (Not that this would stop GRRM, but still, what's the point).
It's setting up perfectly for it actually.

Yeah, this is the best drama on TV imo. Reading through some of these posts though makes me glad I don't read the books.

I read the first few books but had to quit on the last one. Martin gets really long winded sometimes. I don't need 5 paragraphs describing what a capon is , or what someone is wearing.

Reactions: BigBlueSean
Well, that was a very good episode imo.

If someone were to offer you Winterfell my advice would be to say thanks, but no thanks. The powers to be sure struck gold in creating a villain with Ramsey Bolton.

Theon should have stayed with Sansa, he would be no less hated at the wall than at home. No love lost seeing his dad killed off.

Really liked the part with Brandon Stark going back in time, they could create another show based on the events of before GOT started and I'd watch it.

The worst kept secret is out, we all know now Jon Snow is alive. Hope they wrote some revenge scenes for him.

Reactions: BigBlueSean
Tonight's episode was epic! Ramsey killing his dad. The mountain bashing the guys head into the wall. Some thought terion was going to die releasing the dragons.i thought for sure jon snow would not wake up till the 4th episode. But when they left the room and and he woke up because of ghost that was a big shock.

A lot of people didn't think it would happen until later in the season, but I had a feeling that John would come back tonight. Next weeks episode is called "Oathbreaker" and it seems that's when he would leave the Watch and set off to avenge his family.

The biggest part of the night came in the preview for next week. Looks like we're getting the Tower of Joy.

Is Ramsey a total creation of the tv show? I seem to recall only a bare mention of him in the book and he was already dead. Am I wrong about that?

Jon leaving castle black would be disappointing, imo. These dudes just risked their live to resurrect him and his first order of business is gonna be "ha, thanks for life but I gotta bounce and go kill...Ramsay?" No. You better settle the heck down. You've got shit to take care of. And besides Ramsay is coming to you. Put wan-wan out at the front door and he can handle that shit. You aren't leaving, Jon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT