ADVERTISEMENT

Fland down to 3

i am about 9 months away from worrying about recruiting
I know I’m in the minority, but for me I’ll likely be most concerned about recruiting in 6-7 months from now – or whenever the best players enter the transfer portal. I believe the best approach is to build a core of expected multi-year high school recruits, a one-and-done freshman or two, and the best 2-3 transfers available (particularly 2Gs and SFs). And if we’re just talking about an upcoming season, and not the longer 2-4 year picture, then I think the transfers are pretty clearly the most important component of recruiting today.

Don't underestimate the billionaire money that IU has to play with. They are up there with NIL money.
This. It's a new era. IU fans will brag about being a bigger draw than UK when Fland commits, but most know the truth. It means Cuban and others wrote a bigger check. I know a prominent car dealer in southern Indiana who does NIL deals for Louisville and IU. The money is insane, including the billboards, leased rides, etc. Great stories.

Is Wagner getting that Rolls Royce for the season he's here, or was that just for the McDonalds pull-up?

This. It's a new era. IU fans will brag about being a bigger draw than UK when Fland commits, but most know the truth. It means Cuban and others wrote a bigger check. I know a prominent car dealer in southern Indiana who does NIL deals for Louisville and IU. The money is insane, including the billboards, leased rides, etc. Great stories.

Is Wagner getting that Rolls Royce for the season he's here, or was that just for the McDonalds pull-up?
John Jones.

You hearing IU now? Seems like it’s 50/50 with edge to BBN.

You hearing IU now? Seems like it’s 50/50 with edge to BBN.
The people saying BBN this morning are all connected. One guy used to be in the Louisville market who is in Indy. The other two have stuck by their earlier predictions. Basically they don’t know. Lots still pointing to IU still.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Rob Cassidy too. But who has come out and said IU on the national scene…not counting posters.
Trilly, Rabjohns, of course the rivals guys. Trilly hasn’t made an official pick yet just hinted. He re-pinned the stranger things gif and posted the Liam with a boogie thing too.

Peegs has a 50+ page thread on Fland's announcement. That's sad. I don't think most UK fans care one way or another. Just shows the difference between the two programs.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Peegs has a 50+ page thread on Fland's announcement. That's sad. I don't think most UK fans care one way or another. Just shows the difference between the two programs.

Yeah I mean… I care in the sense that he’s a nice player. But if we don’t get him there will be 4-5 other PG prospects in that class that are just as good, and we’ll get one of them. But you can’t blame IU. When was the last time they beat us for a recruit? Blackmon? And he sucked anyways. Prior to that we’re probably talking 1980s.

Yeah I mean… I care in the sense that he’s a nice player. But if we don’t get him there will be 4-5 other PG prospects in that class that are just as good, and we’ll get one of them. But you can’t blame IU. When was the last time they beat us for a recruit? Blackmon? And he sucked anyways. Prior to that we’re probably talking 1980s.
Mgbako

Let me get this straight. UK had “no interest” in a 5 star McDonald’s All American, 10th ranked player in his class which UK had already offered?

Yeah we offered him. Then he chose Duke. We got other players. End of story. IU did not beat UK for him lol. They beat UofL

Considering that Bill Self flew his full coaching staff out to visit Mgbako multiple times in the last month of the recruitment, pretty sure the choice was not IU or UL. Also, Mgbako stated his final two were IU and Kansas and Kansas got the last on-campus visit about two weeks before the announcement. Mgbako never visited UL - he canceled it after visiting KU and went on record that he'd be deciding between Kansas and IU.

When IU got traction after the decommitment UK was at a point where they needed bigs but never got traction. Maybe because IU is an Adidas school, maybe because Melo weighed in with Mgbako's mama; the Mgbako's previously knew Melo. Woodson flat out said that IU didn't think there was interest until Mgbako's mama reached out to Woody.

You could have just said “IU beat KU not UK”

Reactions: Telling The Truth
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT