ADVERTISEMENT

Fland down to 3

You hearing IU now? Seems like it’s 50/50 with edge to BBN.
Not hearing anything specific on Fland, was just saying that's how IU fans will handle a commitment. The car dealer reference was just for context re the dollars involved these days, not necessarily for Fland.

I am assuming IU. Nothing suggests otherwise to me. So, let's just hope what happens when you assume happens here and the kid picks UK tomorrow.

That said, Trilly keeps using gifs from Stranger Things ... which is set in .... Indiana.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Not hearing anything specific on Fland, was just saying that's how IU fans will handle a commitment. The car dealer reference was just for context re the dollars involved these days, not necessarily for Fland.

I am assuming IU. Nothing suggests otherwise to me. So, let's just hope what happens when you assume happens here and the kid picks UK tomorrow.

That said, Trilly keeps using gifs from Stranger Things ... which is set in .... Indiana.
That’s how I’m looking at it. Kentucky got some buzz last night and today, but I still say it’s IU

Let me get this straight. UK had “no interest” in a 5 star McDonald’s All American, 10th ranked player in his class which UK had already offered?
Yes that’s correct. They initially had interest long ago but decided they wanted Wagner and Bradshaw. All 3 of them didn’t play well together on their AAU team. UK had no interest after he backed out of Duke, we even needed a 4 and still didn’t pursue him.

Reactions: MdWIldcat55
Yes that’s correct. They initially had interest long ago but decided they wanted Wagner and Bradshaw. All 3 of them didn’t play well together on their AAU team. UK had no interest after he backed out of Duke, we even needed a 4 and still didn’t pursue him.
Mgbako will play the 3...

And I have little doubt UK could have said, "naaah"---Especially with the class ya'll have.

Mgbako will play the 3...

And I have little doubt UK could have said, "naaah"---Especially with the class ya'll have.

Look, I know you Indiana people love your meth and this thread proves it.

But here’s a history lesson. Guess what. John Wall’s class didn’t want to play with Xavier Henry.

Wagner and Bradshaw did not want to play with him. What part do you not understand?

You people up there are absolutely delusional and insane

But here’s a history lesson. Guess what. John Wall’s class didn’t want to play with Xavier Henry.

Wagner and Bradshaw did not want to play with him. What part do you not understand?

You do know I was agreeing UK wasn't interested, right?

Yeah, I was confused.
Meh---some see the "IU"---quit reading and just respond to the "IU fan", and not the actual post.

UK didn't need his services if we are being honest. Maybe before Mitchell committed...?? Or Ugonna injury. But to me UK is pretty filled up as his spot(s) wtih Mitchell, Ugonna and Bradshaw. Not even sure if Mgbako reached out, and if so---why?

Reactions: Fox2monk
Meh---some see the "IU"---quit reading and just respond to the "IU fan", and not the actual post.

UK didn't need his services if we are being honest. Maybe before Mitchell committed...?? Or Ugonna injury. But to me UK is pretty filled up as his spot(s) wtih Mitchell, Ugonna and Bradshaw. Not even sure if Mgbako reached out, and if so---why?
You've been posting here for a while and one of the few (only?) decent IU fans I can recall on here. Haha

Don’t get why the meth part got thrown out, your a good poster and want to have real conversations. On mgbako I would have wanted him here for sure don’t know why uk never tried to get him but you all got a good player

You've been posting here for a while and one of the few (only?) decent IU fans I can recall on here. Haha
Thanks...There are a few decent Hoosiers. I've always, well not aleways, but for the better part of the last 40 years, rooted for UK. No I am not a fan. But I respect the program. Wife is a huge UK fan...so is my brother. Heck her brother has season tix---We go a few times a year; Yes---The answer is YES---I will be hitting him up for "that" game in 25.

Its simple for me...I dont lump a few idiot fans together. Ive always had a good time at Rupp---but then again, no one knows im an Indiana fan..

Don’t get why the meth part got thrown out, your a good poster and want to have real conversations. On mgbako I would have wanted him here for sure don’t know why uk never tried to get him but you all got a good player
His entire post was a lashing... 😉

He’s actually a 4 but going to be forced to play the 3. IU needs him to be.
Which is why Duke/UK didn't like idea of him pushing to be a wing. Also was a horrible trio when he played with NJ Scholars with DJ/Bradshaw. They were better team without him joining them in EYBL. Once he did, didn't shoot it well until Peach Jam in a few games but still has a shaky floor game-doesn't handle/pass well enough to be a wing.

Think he chose the right program though. I like Mike Woodson's player development and offensive mind--he'll get best from him. But if he plays the 4 spot, he can be All Conference and a monster matchup problem. At the 3....growing pains and more of an Alex Poythress SF type from what I've seen.

Which is why Duke/UK didn't like idea of him pushing to be a wing. Also was a horrible trio when he played with NJ Scholars with DJ/Bradshaw. They were better team without him joining them in EYBL. Once he did, didn't shoot it well until Peach Jam in a few games but still has a shaky floor game-doesn't handle/pass well enough to be a wing.

Think he chose the right program though. I like Mike Woodson's player development and offensive mind--he'll get best from him. But if he plays the 4 spot, he can be All Conference and a monster matchup problem. At the 3....growing pains and more of an Alex Poythress SF type from what I've seen.
Agree he is better fit at the "4"---But with Woody;s offense, its not that big of an issue. I suspect IU will put on the post/elbow, with some ISO; COuldnt do that with Kopp. Mikes offensive structre is built for a kid like Mgbako

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan

Midwestern mouthbreathers.

Agree he is better fit at the "4"---But with Woody;s offense, its not that big of an issue. I suspect IU will put on the post/elbow, with some ISO; COuldnt do that with Kopp. Mikes offensive structre is built for a kid like Mgbako
Like the fit with the guards you'll have this year too. I'm very interested to see how Kel'el Ware does as Big Ten doesn't see guys like that too often and think he can really be a weapon. I've got Michigan State as heavy favorite in Big Ten but think IU can be next best team as I despise the Purdue guards.

Everyone says "positionless" but end of day--it's about skill set allowing you get more freedom from coaches. Not vice versa.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
No but in all seriousness. Borden is a good guy. Only decent IU fan i've met. And I don't meet any down here on the KY/TN border.

Like the fit with the guards you'll have this year too. I'm very interested to see how Kel'el Ware does as Big Ten doesn't see guys like that too often and think he can really be a weapon. I've got Michigan State as heavy favorite in Big Ten but think IU can be next best team as I despise the Purdue guards.

Everyone says "positionless" but end of day--it's about skill set allowing you get more freedom from coaches. Not vice versa.
Brother I loathe Purdue----but they should be pretty good. I agree with MSU---IF Booker develops, sheesh. Not all that impressed though with him. I officiated 3 of his games last year, and didnt think he was even the best player on his own team.

Ware is a HUGE question. TBH his skill set, game, is close to that of TJD---Not that polished though. Talent is not his issue---its whats between his ears.

X and Trey aren't flashy, but they get you the ball. I love XJ in the PNR----very good, and he and Ware could be a problem.

"Positionless" is so, I dunno, a "fad"---As you said, its coaching matching your skill set. I think we will see Woody use Mgbako in a ton of ISO, high post action. Woodys gonna attract high end talent because of his offense, and the freedom it allows.

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
No but in all seriousness. Borden is a good guy. Only decent IU fan i've met. And I don't meet any down here on the KY/TN border.
Thanks brother....You and I have had our moments, but have always enjoyed your takes. I was just down that way back in September. My dad, who since passed, lived in Knifely, Kentucky. Beautiful down your way

Reactions: RunninRichie

If miller kopp can play the 3/outlet then MM surely can. It’s the defensive end that will be the learning curve.

Brother I loathe Purdue----but they should be pretty good. I agree with MSU---IF Booker develops, sheesh. Not all that impressed though with him. I officiated 3 of his games last year, and didnt think he was even the best player on his own team.

Ware is a HUGE question. TBH his skill set, game, is close to that of TJD---Not that polished though. Talent is not his issue---its whats between his ears.

X and Trey aren't flashy, but they get you the ball. I love XJ in the PNR----very good, and he and Ware could be a problem.

"Positionless" is so, I dunno, a "fad"---As you said, its coaching matching your skill set. I think we will see Woody use Mgbako in a ton of ISO, high post action. Woodys gonna attract high end talent because of his offense, and the freedom it allows.
Probably see some zoom.

Thanks brother....You and I have had our moments, but have always enjoyed your takes. I was just down that way back in September. My dad, who since passed, lived in Knifely, Kentucky. Beautiful down your way
Yeah. South-Central KY and really central KY until you get past Lexington is basically a extension of middle TN. WKY is more like WTN. EKY is like ETN without the tourism (if you count police raids as tourists, lol) Northern KY is Ohio. And Louisville is Indiana. I'm partial to southern KY. Lol.

Yeah. South-Central KY and really central KY until you get past Lexington is basically an extension of middle TN. WKY is more like WTN. EKY is like ETN without the tourism (if you count police raids as tourists, lol) Northern KY is Ohio. And Louisville is Indiana. I'm partial to southern KY. Lol.
My great grandfather was from/born in pine Knot Ky. Anderson mountain area. Lol his cousin is earl Anderson. It’s a small grocery store. Loved visiting as a kid.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Yeah. South-Central KY and really central KY until you get past Lexington is basically a extension of middle TN. WKY is more like WTN. EKY is like ETN without the tourism (if you count police raids as tourists, lol) Northern KY is Ohio. And Louisville is Indiana. I'm partial to southern KY. Lol.
I live less than 5 minutes from Louisville----I love So. Indiana. Beautiful in the fall. BUT.....South-Central KY, Tenn----just amazing. Go to Florida every year to help train umpires----Just a beautiful drive. And the Tenn welcome center might be the most beautiful rest area/welcome area I;ve ever seen.

As for Louisville----Wouldnt live there for free.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT