ADVERTISEMENT

Finebaum, "Cal no longer best option for UK"

Most intelligent UK fans realize there’s someone better out there.

This isn’t groundbreaking.

Most of those same fans that claim that they are so intelligent were saying recruiting was dead and the rats (Jai, Brooks, Hopkins) were jumping from a sinking ship.

Those same Einsteins look like flipping idiots now considering how this year's roster shaped up and how next years looks already.

This again? How many times have fans said that?
I'm sure after Calipari chokes again in the post season we will see posts saying..."Now, if if he fails NEXT YEAR...".
One definition of insanity is to continue to repeat the same actions hoping for a different outcome.
I'm sure Kansas fans had been saying the same thing since 2008. When you have a coach like Cal or Self you don't voluntarily move on from them because they keep "choking" in the post season. You can't make the final four every year you're supposed to, that's just the way the tournament works. Eventually you break through and win a title, and Cal will do that again if he stays.

Reactions: Nicholascat
Balls Pinefarm has been undermining programs for years. His favorite targets have bend AL and AU in the pre-Sabin days. Sabin basically told him to go -f- himself. Balls went to ESPN which showed it’s typically horrific decision making skills. They hired this snake.

He must be crapping the bed as he has returned to his old MO. We have a special segment of the fan base that will seize every word he has to say. Remember Balls knows very damn little about football. And he knows 1000 times less about basketball.

Another thing he was good at was digging up dirt on programs. If he is going after the Cats, I assure you he is in bed with the Tards. Best way to handle Balls is go full Sabin on him. Just freeze him out.

2015 is quite possibly the biggest choke in the history of college basketball and that’s not hyperbole. We were up 6 and had three straight shot clock violations in the last 5 minutes with the best team ever assembled. So, the best team ever with a lead went 3 minutes without getting a shot off. That’s the worst choke ever.
You might want to check again, because the biggest lead we had in the entire second half was 4. In fact, we were down by 8 at one point and had to claw our way back. If you think blowing a 4 point lead with 6 minutes left in a Final Four game to another 1 seed is choking then I don't know what to tell you.

Reactions: Graham51
Most of those same fans that claim that they are so intelligent were saying recruiting was dead and the rats (Jai, Brooks, Hopkins) were jumping from a sinking ship.

Those same Einsteins look like flipping idiots now considering how this year's roster shaped up and how next years looks already.
these same idiots will bash Cal no mater what he does, there just some STUPID SOB's

these same idiots will bash Cal no mater what he does, there just some STUPID SOB's

Agree. Even more pathetic, most of them just sweep their garbage under the rug and keep on bashing instead of growing up and learning from their mistakes..... But hey, every fanbase has some uneducated, shameless bashers.

Let's talk about the development of each one of those players, first and foremost. Going to say Cal doesn't get credit for that, as the head coach? Also, that's just one of the several lineups we saw out there in exhibition games that are meant to tinker with different lineup combinations.
I don't see Collins starting come season beginnings. I believe that Reeves/Livingston will be in there someplace. How can Reeves not play a bunch? Kid can run, shoot and play defense. just m.o.

You might want to check again, because the biggest lead we had in the entire second half was 4. In fact, we were down by 8 at one point and had to claw our way back. If you think blowing a 4 point lead with 6 minutes left in a Final Four game to another 1 seed is choking then I don't know what to tell you.
If you think the most talented team ever not getting a shot off in the clutch 3 possessions in a row isn’t, then I do know what to tell you. Somehow I don’t think I need to tell you though.

I don't think we will ever see Billy Donovan back in CBB. From what i have read he does not like to recruit.

Donovan hated recruiting as it was. He didn’t like having to deal with and schmooze up to 15 different “handlers” for every kid he wanted to recruit. I imagine with nil he’d hate it even more now. So yeah, i don’t see donovan coming back though i think he would absolute crush it here. Unfortunate.

If Cal fails this year once again, he needs to go

If Cal fails this year once again, he needs to go
Once again you make sense. I've never been in on the Cal love or hate. But if once again they don't win the conference or the conference tournament and they bow out in one of the first two games in the ncaa. It's time to find a new voice. Cal to me at least has earned the right based on the past to get this season. But enough is enough. Time to put up or shut up.
I said first two games. Because they are very talented. To me once you get to the sweet 16 it's all about matchups Kentucky will be at least one of the best 10 teams in the country talent wise.
On a side note Drew what if any Reds boards do you post on?

He’s also had a longer leash than Tubby had. It’s been stated here many times that Tubby had a better record his last five years than Cal has had and we pretty much ran Tubby outta town. Tubby didn’t have time to turn it around.
He also has earned that longer leash though

Once again you make sense. I've never been in on the Cal love or hate. But if once again they don't win the conference or the conference tournament and they bow out in one of the first two games in the ncaa. It's time to find a new voice. Cal to me at least has earned the right based on the past to get this season. But enough is enough. Time to put up or shut up.
I said first two games. Because they are very talented. To me once you get to the sweet 16 it's all about matchups Kentucky will be at least one of the best 10 teams in the country talent wise.

I think you have to judge failure over more than one season at this point. If we were to get a 2 seed, an E8 and one or the other of conference regular season or tourney champs and say 30 wins that’s a damn good season. Can’t call that a failure. BUT…8 years without a 1 seed or a final four is a failure and a pretty strong sample size to conclude the ceiling for the program under Cal is no longer a championship.

That last part is where i’m at. I haven’t believed Cal was still capable of winning it for a few years now. So the sooner we move on the better imo. I hope to be wrong though because i don’t think it’s going to happen for at least a few more years either way.

If you think the most talented team ever not getting a shot off in the clutch 3 possessions in a row isn’t, then I do know what to tell you. Somehow I don’t think I need to tell you though.
That team was obviously pretty damn good but I wouldn’t say they were even the best UK team ever. They definitely weren’t the best college team ever. And you keep saying they didn’t get a shot off on 3 possessions when that’s factually wrong. They shot two air balls and only hit the backboard on the other. That game was over 7 yrs ago so time to let it go. Maybe you should see a good therapist lol.

Most intelligent UK fans realize there’s someone better out there.

This isn’t groundbreaking.
Well, don’t keep us waiting! Who is this mystery coach that can deal with our retarded “fans”, deal with the media, deal with the expectations, do better than 4 ff’s, 2 title games, an undefeated regular season, and 1 natty in their 1st 6years, while also dominating the sec and landing a top recruiting class every single year? I only know of one coach that has done this, but after seeing your post, I now know they are many that can do this. Who are they? Please let us know!

I think you have to judge failure over more than one season at this point. If we were to get a 2 seed, an E8 and one or the other of conference regular season or tourney champs and say 30 wins that’s a damn good season. Can’t call that a failure. BUT…8 years without a 1 seed or a final four is a failure and a pretty strong sample size to conclude the ceiling for the program under Cal is no longer a championship.

That last part is where i’m at. I haven’t believed Cal was still capable of winning it for a few years now. So the sooner we move on the better imo. I hope to be wrong though because i don’t think it’s going to happen for at least a few more years either way.
You are wrong

Even if Cal goes final four it will never be good enough for some on this board. They would love for UK basketball to have another 9-16 just to get Cal fired.

True, but after we go deep this year the ones still clucking will be wasting their time or just be obvious rival fans or partisan political hacks that can't simply set their politics aside and enjoy the ride, Losers, basically.

PS, I'm conservative but can man up and set my beliefs aside.

Last edited:
3 shot clock violations. Dare I say choked, OR rigged??? All money was on Kentucky. Things that make you go hmmmmm. We won’t know until there is a 30 for 30 years from now

Reactions: RunninRichie
Thanks for admitting that you only play when things go your way and will vanish if they don't. Lame.
Support every sport at UK. Season tickets to everything/ even gymnastics. Win or lose. Making assumptions about others is what is lame.

I’ll sometimes poke around on redszone and reddit but rarely post on either.

Reactions: kennyskywalker34
Support every sport at UK. Season tickets to everything/ even gymnastics. Win or lose. Making assumptions about others is what is lame.

You said the other day that "Cal needs to go". So you plan on enjoying the talent he's brought in this year and next while telling him to get lost out the other side of your mouth.

Funny. Pathetic, but funny nonetheless.

You said the other day that "Cal needs to go". So you plan on enjoying the talent he's brought in this year and next while telling him to get lost out the other side of your mouth.

Funny. Pathetic, but funny nonetheless.
Yeah- don’t recall saying that the other day and looked at my posts and didn’t see it. May have missed it but don’t recall saying it. Most of my posts have been that he has got to get better asap. Anyway, not arguing with you.

Yeah- don’t recall saying that the other day and looked at my posts and didn’t see it. May have missed it but don’t recall saying it. Most of my posts have been that he has got to get better asap. Anyway, not arguing with you.

You "liked" a 4th grade-level post saying "Cal needs to go, don't care what he does from here."

#2faced

You "liked" a 4th grade-level post saying "Cal needs to go, don't care what he does from here."

#2faced
Alright. Man up- you were wrong. A like is not me saying it. And- his post said if he fails again this year he needs to go. Respond or don’t respond, Not arguing with someone who can’t admit he was wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT