ADVERTISEMENT

Finebaum, "Cal no longer best option for UK"

Yeah- don’t recall saying that the other day and looked at my posts and didn’t see it. May have missed it but don’t recall saying it. Most of my posts have been that he has got to get better asap. Anyway, not arguing with you.

You're flat lying and I just pulled up the thread titled "Being Kentucky's head coach" to prove it. He never said "If he fails this year". He said he needs to go now no matter what, like a child would say.

Not interested in your reply. I had you pegged all along, but now I can add "dishonest" to your profile. You go boy.

You're flat lying and I just pulled up the thread titled "Being Kentucky's head coach" to prove it. He never said "If he fails this year". He said he needs to go now no matter what, like a child would say.

Not interested in your reply. I had you pegged all along, but now I can add "dishonest" to your profile. You go boy.
Lol. I like tons of posts. Also liked one that says if Cal fails this year then he has to go. You were the one that stated I said it. You got caught, then said I liked it. Grow up and be a man and just admit you messed up.

You can add things to people's profiles?

Doubt it.

Reactions: UKortho
I'm not entirely on the Cal train anymore. I didn't get here overnight, it's been a buildup of things. I've always understood the Wall's and Monks of the world going pro after a year, but the Vanderbilt's, Skal's and Sharpes (along with all the transfters) have worn on me - especially without a Final Four trip in 7 seasons. Add in an 9-win season and then a flame out last season (and it got worse down the stretch before the St. Pete game) and I can agree a change may need to come. Cal's ego now doesn't match the results we're getting - especially for 10M a year.

You can add things to people's profiles?

Doubt it.
No! He said that the other guy posted that Cal needed to go IF he doesnt have a good year. He lied about that as the guy said he needed to go no matter what. I pulled the post up and it doesn’t lie, unlike @UKortho.

watching him try to talk his way out of it just shows he’s dishonest and can’t be taken seriously about his season ticket claims or anything. Funny! Funny watching liars lie.

Finebaum might be right that Cals no longer the best option, only time will tell. Nobody can say he’s right or wrong because that’s an opinion. Now UK being a basketball school, that’s not an opinion that’s a fact. Simple as that.

So for him to disagree with that fact is further cause for devaluing his opinion. The main cause being he’s an SEC Skip Bayless just flapping those gums of his all the time. Trying to rile up those simmer time ratings from their deep slumber. I’d just rather they stay asleep myself

Reactions: Graham51
I'm sure Kansas fans had been saying the same thing since 2008. When you have a coach like Cal or Self you don't voluntarily move on from them because they keep "choking" in the post season. You can't make the final four every year you're supposed to, that's just the way the tournament works. Eventually you break through and win a title, and Cal will do that again if he stays.
This exactly. The tournament consists of luck as much as anything else, it's often a crapshoot. The talent gap is narrowing even more with the transfer portal how it is. We probably have a better shot with Cal at the helm than anyone else. The 9-16 team was an anomaly.

No! He said that the other guy posted that Cal needed to go IF he doesnt have a good year. He lied about that as the guy said he needed to go no matter what. I pulled the post up and it doesn’t lie, unlike @UKortho.

watching him try to talk his way out of it just shows he’s dishonest and can’t be taken seriously about his season ticket claims or anything. Funny! Funny watching liars lie.
I don't really care what he said or whether or not you believe him. You claimed to have the ability to change his profile, i.e. that you're a moderator or a developer. I simply stated that I doubt that's true.

I like Finebaum’s takes on college football and I think he’s a good interviewer in the world of college football.

the call-in segments of his show are unlistenable

Reactions: shodaman
I don't really care what he said or whether or not you believe him. You claimed to have the ability to change his profile, i.e. that you're a moderator or a developer. I simply stated that I doubt that's true.
He does a good job changing his own profile. This has to be about the 87th retread account for BallerCal

I 100% did not say I could change his profile. Please go back and read it. I said HE changed what the guy said, meaning he misrepresented what he said.

Finebaum is as ignorant about college basketball as he is ugly. Dude is a former UT guy turned Bammer FB super fan. He wouldn't know a good basketball coach if he kicked him in his mangina.

Reactions: RunninRichie
To paraphrase the concept from Animal House, "He can't say that about Cal, only we can say that about Cal!"

Finebaum is in his role because of SEC football. period.

He's just protecting Kentucky football (and SEC Football) as he should but he is way way out of bounds for calling Calipari out. Seems like there's some animosity to call for Calipari's job, to be fired and not naming anyone except some unnamed "younger" coaches.

If Finebaum ever has to report on SEC basketball, I hope Calipari calls him out, dresses him down, ignores him, boycotts him. He crossed the line.

Calipari is the best fit for UK basketball. His personality is perfect for UK basketball. And I think Calipari saying UK is a basketball school is 100% correct. When you hear "Kentucky", you certainly don't think of football. Despite football being the money generating sport that it is, UK is still a basketball school. Frankly, it's asinine on Finebaum's part to suggest otherwise. Show me some UK football national championships equal to UK basketball. Not happening yet. And SToops...he's a great fit for UK and he sees it. I hope he retires there as it seems like a great fit. and he is right to defend Kentucky football. but those 2 coaches should be throwing praise at each other and fully supporting each other.

But Calipari just needs to win regardless of facilities. He's got top 2 recruiting classes seemingly every year since he's been in Lexington. UNC, KU, Nova, UVa have won national championships with lesser talent. Yes more experienced but the OAD path is what Calipari, Barnhart, the donors and fans of UK have chosen.

Win and facility upgrades will come. The football program can attest to that.

If anyone has seen the movie "Glengarry Glen Ross", the good leads go to the producers. Even coffee is reserved for the producers. The good leads and the coffee and the cars and steak knives do not go to losers. They go to winners, to producers. The message to Calipari from UK powers that be...win (go to FFs again) and you'll get (i.e. earn) what you want (i.e. deserve).

Last edited:
Reactions: Montana81
Let me guess, he didn’t/couldn’t name what those options might be. He might be right, if Cal doesn’t get past the S16 with this team, he’s only getting one more chance (only because he’s bringing in a top class). First round loss again, he’s gone, the class is gone, and UK brings in someone who can rebuild quickly. There’s no rules anymore, so anyone is on the table. I think you give Billy D and Brad Stevens a call, why not swing for the fences? But the guy who could rebuild the quickest? Bruce Pearl. Vomit inducing I know, but UK needs to get back to winning.

Personally, I think this team is going to the Final 4 and Cal will be around 3-4 more seasons after that.

Reactions: jauk11 and STL_Cat
Fair point about Stoops blowing 2 winnable games that would have pushed us to 11-1. And you know what? He gets away with it because we are a basketball school.

The success of Stoops at UK has been commendable. But it wouldn’t be enough if he were at a real football school.

Can he take the next step? He kind of needs to now. What’s he going to do if he’s 8-4/9-3 this year? Blame Cal?

Cal stepped in it, no doubt. Stoops handled the response poorly, imo. UK football came across as “little brother.” And just when it didn’t seem like it could get worse, Mitch said, “hold my chocolate malted.”

But you know what? All this did was turn up the pressure on everyone. Both Cal and Stoop have even more to prove than they did a week ago. That might not turn out to be a bad thing.
Beat Tennessee and Georgia in the same year and by the way, beat LSU and Florida as well then we can have a discussion about if UK is a football school.

Reactions: Montana81 and Aike
Finebaum is in his role because of SEC football. period.

He's just protecting Kentucky football (and SEC Football) as he should but he is way way out of bounds for calling Calipari out. Seems like there's some animosity to call for Calipari's job, to be fired and not naming anyone except some unnamed "younger" coaches.

If Finebaum ever has to report on SEC basketball, I hope Calipari calls him out, dresses him down, ignores him, boycotts him. He crossed the line.

Calipari is the best fit for UK basketball. His personality is perfect for UK basketball. And I think Calipari saying UK is a basketball school is 100% correct. When you hear "Kentucky", you certainly don't think of football. Despite football being the money generating sport that it is, UK is still a basketball school. Frankly, it's asinine on Finebaum's part to suggest otherwise. Show me some UK football national championships equal to UK basketball. Not happening yet. And SToops...he's a great fit for UK and he sees it. I hope he retires there as it seems like a great fit. and he is right to defend Kentucky football. but those 2 coaches should be throwing praise at each other and fully supporting each other.

But Calipari just needs to win regardless of facilities. He's got top 2 recruiting classes seemingly every year since he's been in Lexington. UNC, KU, Nova, UVa have won national championships with lesser talent. Yes more experienced but the OAD path is what Calipari, Barnhart, the donors and fans of UK have chosen.

Win and facility upgrades will come. The football program can attest to that.

If anyone has seen the movie "Glengarry Glen Ross", the good leads go to the producers. Even coffee is reserved for the producers. The good leads and the coffee and the cars and steak knives do not go to losers. They go to winners, to producers. The message to Calipari from UK powers that be...win (go to FFs again) and you'll get (i.e. earn) what you want (i.e. deserve).
First prize a new Caddy, second prize steak knives, third prize your fired. Once these internet crowd loafers join the real world of getting a job and keeping it they will realize theirs a lot that they didn’t learn in college.

Reactions: STL_Cat
2015 is quite possibly the biggest choke in the history of college basketball and that’s not hyperbole. We were up 6 and had three straight shot clock violations in the last 5 minutes with the best team ever assembled. So, the best team ever with a lead went 3 minutes without getting a shot off. That’s the worst choke ever.
I doubt that. You must give Wisconsin credit for playing great defense. Go back and watch the last 3 minutes. Wisconsin won that game, Kentucky didn’t choke.

I doubt that. You must give Wisconsin credit for playing great defense. Go back and watch the last 3 minutes. Wisconsin won that game, Kentucky didn’t choke.
3 shot clock violations in a row with one of the most talented teams ever. You literally can not choke more than not getting a shot off. They clammed up so bad the didn’t even shoot.

Yes stoops has every right to be angry. Cal was in the wrong and it’s an ignorant thing to call Kentucky a basketball school at this point.

No Cal should not be fired. You’d have to be an idiot to believe he should.

Cal and Stoops are not the issue. Mitch Barnhart is the larger issue and needs to be replaced.

Reactions: jauk11
He does a good job changing his own profile. This has to be about the 87th retread account for BallerCal
Yep. He can’t admit when he is wrong either. Anyone that reads this thread knows he can’t back up what he says.

If Cal fails this year once again, he needs to go
This is the post I was referencing. Didn’t lie moron. You, however, got caught in two lies in this very thread. Be more careful when you start typing. Finally got you to shut up for awhile. Still waiting for you to show everyone where I said “Cal needs to go” That’s what you said. Can’t do it can you?

This is the post I was referencing. Didn’t lie moron. You, however, got caught in two lies in this very thread. Be more careful when you start typing. Finally got you to shut up for awhile. Still waiting for you to show everyone where I said “Cal needs to go” That’s what you said. Can’t do it can you?

You aren't worth anyone's time as you are smearing someone that caught you in a lie. I provided the facts, (notice Mike didn't dispute them once I explained your childish game) you keep spinning a lie and smearing to try and cover up your nonsense. But hey, keep vomiting and smearing so you'll get a good night of sleep. Total clown show and you are STILL lying. Sorry son, I don't do crazy,. Good luck with your medication cocktail.

Have the last word, beat your chest and tell yourself you won. I won't even read the reply. TIA

Last edited:
I agree. I'm done with Cal after this. Stoops has fought the "basketball school" BS on the recruiting trail for ten years and now he has one of our own saying it. I'm done.
Then go back to the Louisville board. See you at Kroger field when we put a pasting on your Cards.

I agree. I'm done with Cal after this. Stoops has fought the "basketball school" BS on the recruiting trail for ten years and now he has one of our own saying it. I'm done.
Bye.
I'm giving him two years to get back to the Final Four. If he can't do it with the Oscar team or the Dillingham class, I don't think he'll ever do it here again.
What does he get if he makes it both years?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT