ADVERTISEMENT

Finebaum, "Cal no longer best option for UK"

Beat Tennessee and Georgia in the same year and by the way, beat LSU and Florida as well then we can have a discussion about if UK is a football school.
First of all, we know, or should know, that football is the bell cow of virtually every school's athletics program -- yes, even at Kentucky, and it isn't even a close call:

"What most people don’t understand is that every school is a football school. The amount of revenue that football can generate dwarfs even the greatest basketball programs," said Mark Nagel, associate professor in the sport and entertainment management department at the University of South Carolina. "Certainly the fans identify with what sport wins the most, but football just has the potential to make so much more money with attendance and television contracts."

Beat Tennessee and Georgia in the same year and by the way, beat LSU and Florida as well then we can have a discussion about if UK is a football school.
First of all, we know, or should know, that football is the bell cow of virtually every school's athletics program -- yes, even at Kentucky, and it isn't even a close call:

"What most people don’t understand is that every school is a football school. The amount of revenue that football can generate dwarfs even the greatest basketball programs," said Mark Nagel, associate professor in the sport and entertainment management department at the University of South Carolina. "Certainly the fans identify with what sport wins the most, but football just has the potential to make so much more money with attendance and television contracts."

You said the other day that "Cal needs to go". So you plan on enjoying the talent he's brought in this year and next while telling him to get lost out the other side of your mouth.

Funny. Pathetic, but funny nonetheless.
Still waiting on your proof that I said “Cal needs to go”. If I were you, I would ignore my posts also. Don’t forget to hit ignore every time you are forced to start a new account here. Next time you reply to me will be your third lie.

Still waiting on your proof that I said “Cal needs to go”. If I were you, I would ignore my posts also. Don’t forget to hit ignore every time you are forced to start a new account here. Next time you reply to me will be your third lie.
Why do you think Cal needs to go?

His screen name tells us that he’s a pesticide technician (bug sprayer). The way he lies I’d say he has inhaled the spray for years. Oh well.
Because you know he is not an Orthopedic surgeon?

That would have been my first guess, rather than think anyone would name themselves after an actual pesticide trade name..

Reactions: UKortho and STL_Cat
Ortho much more likely to be in orthopedic surgery than Ortho the bug guy. I don't work in the bug field but I do work in the medical field -- my first thought when I see Ortho is NOT bugs. Ballercal has issues.

Reactions: UKortho
Because you know he is not an Orthopedic surgeon?

That would have been my first guess, rather than think anyone would name themselves after an actual pesticide trade name..

Seems more like a bug doctor but noted.

* Could also have a foot fetish. Would make sense.

Bug doctor with a foot fethish. Sounds like a Forensic files episode, incoming.

Last edited:
Ortho much more likely to be in orthopedic surgery than Ortho the bug guy. I don't work in the bug field but I do work in the medical field -- my first thought when I see Ortho is NOT bugs. Ballercal has issues.
Don’t forget the offer of two football tickets this year :) Pretty good seats.

• Love
Reactions: BBUK and STL_Cat
He has choked once . I mean I GUESS u could say 2015 was a minor choke job as well but twice in 14 years aint bad when u average a elite 8 every time u make the tourney. No one with a brain can consider Cal NOT a top 5-10 coach in the game and he was , is and always will be the best recruiter in the game especially now that K is gone.
And how many banners did he hang in Rupp Arena with all of the talent, hype and drama....not to mention the $$$$$ salary??

There is no coach out there right now that is a better fit than Calipari. It seems like the people saying he should go does not understand the daily tasks that the head coach does at UK. You can’t just go find a great X and O coach that does not have people skills and knows what basketball means to Kentuckians.
Since when did Calipari become an X and O coach, much less a great X and O coach? 🤣 Calipari's in-game coaching has never been more than him standing on the sidelines yelling "GOOO!" and "RUNNNNN!" That's as far as it goes with Calipari. Need proof? Just watch the 1st round game against St. Paul's and the last few minutes of the Memphis championship meltdown against Kansas.

Since when did Calipari become an X and O coach, much less a great X and O coach? 🤣 Calipari's in-game coaching has never been more than him standing on the sidelines yelling "GOOO!" and "RUNNNNN!" That's as far as it goes with Calipari. Need proof? Just watch the 1st round game against St. Paul's and the last few minutes of the Memphis championship meltdown against Kansas.
Good memory and so true!

Reactions: UKortho
Nothing wrong with a bug man. Was one myself for years. Could also be in orthodontics or orthopedics.... The account has existed a lot longer than yours but who's counting...

By your logic, If Charles Manson had posted here for 10 years and Jesus Christ had only posted for 2 months, you'd defend Charlie.

Fair point about Stoops blowing 2 winnable games that would have pushed us to 11-1. And you know what? He gets away with it because we are a basketball school.

The success of Stoops at UK has been commendable. But it wouldn’t be enough if he were at a real football school.

Can he take the next step? He kind of needs to now. What’s he going to do if he’s 8-4/9-3 this year? Blame Cal?

Cal stepped in it, no doubt. Stoops handled the response poorly, imo. UK football came across as “little brother.” And just when it didn’t seem like it could get worse, Mitch said, “hold my chocolate malted.”

But you know what? All this did was turn up the pressure on everyone. Both Cal and Stoop have even more to prove than they did a week ago. That might not turn out to be a bad thing.
Hard not to think about this now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT