ADVERTISEMENT

Final four thread

What an absolutely ridiculous take.

Great insight.

Why do you guys think they've built up K for years while at the same time did their best to take down Cal, Tarkanian, Fisher, etc.?

It's for all the reasons I listed. It's also why Bennett is presently the media darling. He doesn't make folks uncomfortable; but keep contradicting yourselves by saying they prop K/Bennett for all the reasons I just noted.

I don't understand the logic of it was a foul but u can't call in that situation.........

no if it's a foul the first 39 minutes of the game it's a foul in the last minute as well.

We don't just change rules.

That's all well and good, but with a couple mins left, both teams had 4 fouls. Do you think that was the number of fouls actually committed? Or do you think they were letting a number of fouls go, because of the stage and not wanting to inhibit play? Seeing it again, I think it is more justifiable to call it because the contact was before he released it. I doubt it caused him to miss, but that's something I can live with. What I hate is when they call ticky tack contact well after the shot is out of the shooter's hands.

I’m sure puke fans are extremely pissed their refs were used to help Virginia win. Since puke wasn’t playing they had to screw someone over

Reactions: blubo
I mean: the foul happened AFTER point of release. So it didn't impact the shooter.
That is a textbook end of game "no whistle".
No he undercut him before the ball left his hand...It was a foul.........Stupid foul and missed free throw cost them the game....A missed free throw won them the game the other day against UK, but lost it for them today..

Reactions: Cowboys&Wildcats
Those damn white people and their

*spins wheel*

Good coaching

You think the NCAA/CBC prefers renegades like Cal, Pearl, and Tark over guys like Bennett and K?

If so, please tell me why.

This has as much to do with image as anything. My point stands. The NCAA/media/CBS is far more comfortable with guys like Bennett hoisting the title trophy than guys like Calipari.

That's all well and good, but with a couple mins left, both teams had 4 fouls. Do you think that was the number of fouls actually committed? Or do you think they were letting a number of fouls go, because of the stage and not wanting to inhibit play? Seeing it again, I think it is more justifiable to call it because the contact was before he released it. I doubt it caused him to miss, but that's something I can live with. What I hate is when they call ticky tack contact well after the shot is out of the shooter's hands.

Yeah my whole thing with any game is be consistent.

I totally understand the refs that "don't want to decide the game" but then again part of me feels by not doing anything at all on clear fouls..........that's exactly what they are doing......just in a different way.

Like......Auburn/UK...........that whole game fouls are being called. Auburn is in foul trouble. Last 9 something...........nothing.

That's my problem with all of this.

And I agree. It's as if they don't want to decide the game on fouls........but ultimately I kinda feel that's exactly what they did.......by not calling them ya know.

This foul was a weak one no doubt. It probably had zero effect on the miss........but he did make contact during the shot.

Great insight.

Why do you guys think they've built up K for years while at the same time did their best to take down Cal, Tarkanian, Fisher, etc.?

It's for all the reasons I listed. It's also why Bennett is presently the media darling. He doesn't make folks uncomfortable; but keep contradicting yourselves by saying they prop K/Bennett for all the reasons I just noted.

I know. makes you wonder some times.

It very telling how much distance the feet of the defender covered as he actually did undercut the shooter .. dude just went Brain dead
It looks worse in slo-mo but if he isn't running hard at guy, that shot goes in IMO.

NCAA doesn't want a guy like Pearl raising the trophy Monday.

Bennett fits the elitist narrative better for corporate America and its racist paradigm:

1. White guy
2. No personality
3. Not an NCAA obstructionist
4. coaches at a high level academic school (i.e, the myth that academics matter)
5. Gets kids to stick around
6. Rags to riches story based on losing last year in the first round

They love this crap.

Hopefully Uncle Tom's Cabin or T-Tech takes him down Monday night.

You mean Pearl is not white ! Stupid !

It was a missed double dribble, but it was also a foul.
And Guy had to drain three with the season on the line.
The foul wasn't controversial.
The double dribble was.

Reactions: blubo
I'm saying the ball was already out of his hand. Follow through...yes. But Ball was gone at contact.

It doesn't matter, he has to allow him to come down while in the shooting motion, the Auburn guy crashed into the shooter while still in the air. Even Charles Barkley accepts this, why can't some of you?

Great insight.

Probably because Coach K is white and Coach Cal is…

You mean Pearl is not white ! Stupid !

I included a number of elements in that post that coalesce around the notion of image propriety. It wasn't just based on racial designations.

Some guys don't fit the image. It's why Bennett gets a pass last season and why Pearl's run has been largely ignored this season.

It was a missed double dribble, but it was also a foul.
And Guy had to drain three with the season on the line.
The foul wasn't controversial.
The double dribble was.

This is true as well.

And like u said they still hit a big 3 the possession before and still had to make 3 FTs

They missed the double dribble but the foul on the 3 pt shot was the correct call. The Auburn player jumped into him. If he would have stood still with his hands straight up, no call. Game over.. Clutch F/T's by Guy..sucks for Auburn but I cant stand Bruce Pearl so that makes me happy..

No it's not, the guy clearly undercut him as he was following through, that's a foul no matter how you try to spin it.
I'm saying the ball was already out of his hand. Follow through...yes. But Ball was gone at contact.

Nailed it, most refs know when in this type of game on last sec shot you call a foul only when shot was impeded. Such as hitting arm on way up, body etc. but once shot is in air don't blow whistle!!! The contact did NOT effect his shot!!! I guarantee if no foul was called There wouldn't be near the controversy!!!!

Probably because Coach K is white and Coach Cal is…

That's why I included more in my "image propriety" take than just the oft triggering "race element". I'd expect a poster such as yourself to be able to understand the nuance there. It's kind of surprising that you missed it, actually.

Last edited:
Nailed it, most refs know when in this type of game on last sec shot you call a foul only when shot was impeded. Such as hitting arm on way up, body etc. but once shot is in air don't blow whistle!!! The contact did NOT effect his shot!!! I guarantee if no foul was called There wouldn't be near the controversy!!!!

Sir, it was a foul and it absolutely affected his shot which is why the whistle was blown.

NCAA doesn't want a guy like Pearl raising the trophy Monday.

Bennett fits the elitist narrative better for corporate America and its proper image/ elitist/racist paradigm:

1. White guy
2. No personality
3. Not an NCAA obstructionist
4. coaches at a high level academic school (i.e, the myth that academics matter)
5. Gets kids to stick around
6. Rags to riches story based on losing last year in the first round

They love this crap.

Hopefully Uncle Tom's Cabin or T-Tech takes him down Monday night.
What a joke of a post. You should be embarrassed.

Looked like a foul on the shot but if they had called the double dribble on Jerome they wouldn't have had the opportunity to make that call and Auburn would have won the game.

That's why I included more in my "image propriety" take than just the oft triggering "race element". I'd expect a poster such as yourself to be able to understand the nuance there. It's kind of surprising that you missed it, actually.

As for @Cowboys&Wildcats ? Not so much.

After that ridiculous post, anything negative you have to say about me is a compliment because you are seriously clueless.

Reactions: JFCats22
What a joke of a post. You should be embarrassed.

I'll remember you said this the next time you and your pals whine about UK's seeding, bad calls, or the idea that the media/NCAA have bias against Cal.

The world is a glorious place. There's no bias. The media has no favorites. There's no corruption based on elitist notions of propriety.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT