ADVERTISEMENT

Would you be okay if Nate Oats was UK's next head coach?

Would you be okay if UK hired Nate Oats?

• Yes

Votes: 172 91.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 9.0%

• Total voters
Yes. 100% all the way. He is the one I would feel the most comfortable with hiring to win at the next level than what he has already achieved so far with Alabama. Still young enough to have a long run at Kentucky.

So funny. This would have been a 50/50 poll had that lanky kid with the stupid mustache didn’t have a good game against UNC last night haha!

Does a Bear $&@& in the woods?

24dvdo.jpg

Not my top choice but yes.

Still think many are too bullish on him for his resume.

Ain't happening. We can't even get Mitch to pay Cal's buyout. He sure isn't going to pay another $18 million (minus whatever it will be after next season) buyout for another coach to.

Reactions: FirewithFire
Ain't happening. We can't even get Mitch to pay Cal's buyout. He sure isn't going to pay another $18 million (minus whatever it will be after next season) buyout for another coach to.
This is the answer.

Oats just inked a new contract with Alabama through 2030 with a ramping pay scale that ends at 7.5M. Anyone who wants him will have to pay the buyout to get him and it won't be a small amount. (18M)

I would take him as our coach in a heartbeat, but it isn't going to happen.

Funny thing is the people who would take Oates are the same people who complain about Drew or Few’s resume or are the same people who joke about Few’s DUI. If he lets someone involved in a murder keep playing, who knows what other secrets Alabama is hiding.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
Funny thing is the people who would take Oates are the same people who complain about Drew or Few’s resume or are the same people who joke about Few’s DUI. If he lets someone involved in a murder keep playing, who knows what other secrets Alabama is hiding.
Kinda like how Calipari had 2 final fours vacated, kept recruiting and playing Tyreke Evans even after he drove his cousin to kill somebody? Please, let's aruge morality.

Nate Oates. John Oates. Quaker Oates.
All preferred over Cal, who is about as popular as herpes and just as hard to get rid of.

Resounding yes for me.

I mean it’s mind boggling if anyone could say no at this point. I was saying yes a few years ago, he looked like a strong up and comer and winning at Bama is damn hard.

A few are late to the train but if they’re not at least in the boarding line then I’d say they’re pretty stupid at this point.

Oats has “it”, that certain aura that screams someone is tailor-made for this job specifically. Pitino when he came in. Calipari when he came in. Oats today. If he were hired here, there would be such a collective butthole puckering by the league that it would create a gravitational pull.

So funny. This would have been a 50/50 poll had that lanky kid with the stupid mustache didn’t have a good game against UNC last night haha!

Nah ky it’s more than that. Alabama is a graveyard and good coaches stay away from there. They’ve had some okay years but nobody substantial wants to play or coach at Bama. What he’s built there is one of the most impressive jobs of anyone in the entire country. If he can do that at Alabama who the hell knows what he’d do at Kentucky. He could have got put out in the second round this year and I’d say it.

Not to mention, you can see the competitive hunger he’s got. And I’ll be honest, judging by his attitude toward Kentucky and the way he answered questions about us, I think he knows this is the job he gonna make a run at. I think that’s why he stayed at Alabama and signed that extension. I really believe he’s the next coach at UK as of right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT