ADVERTISEMENT

Final four thread

After that ridiculous post, anything negative you have to say about me is a compliment because you are seriously clueless.

The irony is that some fans will not hesitate to point out bias against Calipari, and yet, my point is exactly that. Bias exists on the largest levels. Did it decide today's game? Probably not. But there's no doubt in my mind the NCAA/mainline media would prefer Bennett over Calipari holding that trophy Monday night.

Some of you have taken my point completely out of context though, which isn't surprising.

Last edited:
Reactions: blubo
The irony is that fans like you will not hesitate to point out bias against Calipari, and yet, my point is exactly that. Bias exists on the largest levels. Did it decide today's game? Probably not. But there's no doubt in my mind the NCAA/mainline media would prefer Bennett over Calipari holding that trophy Monday night.

Some of you have taken my point completely out of context though, which isn't surprising.

I'm just not a conspiracy theory kind of guy, no disrespect was intended to you, we just disagree.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
I want to correct myself: I posted earlier that the ball was already out of the shooter's hand.
Just now rewatched from a different camera angle....and clearly the ball was still in shooter's hand.
I was wrong.

Reactions: Cowboys&Wildcats
I want to correct myself: I posted earlier that the ball was already out of the shooter's hand.
Just now rewatched from a different camera angle....and clearly the ball was still in shooter's hand.
I was wrong.

Takes a lot of character to come back and admit that, especially on a message board. Respect to you sir.

Reactions: uky8unc5
NCAA doesn't want a guy like Pearl raising the trophy Monday.

Bennett fits the elitist narrative better for corporate America and its proper image/ elitist/racist paradigm:

1. White guy
2. No personality
3. Not an NCAA obstructionist
4. coaches at a high level academic school (i.e, the myth that academics matter)
5. Gets kids to stick around
6. Rags to riches story based on losing last year in the first round

They love this crap.

Hopefully Uncle Tom's Cabin or T-Tech takes him down Monday night.
Bruce isn’t a “white guy” he’s a Jew.

I cannot envision a scenario where a team has done this lol

I mean it's kinda split 50/50 on whether you should foul even up 3.

I cannot imagine up 4 and fouling would be a viable strategy.

You just give credit to them...........he hit a big three and then they made 3 FTs.

They had 2 fouls to give. Should have fouled

They had 2 fouls to give. Should have fouled

They did. Just on the last possession lol.

It doesn't really matter when they give the fouls. Teams tend to do it in the final seconds tho to shave off time.

At the end of the day they were able to foul with 1.5 seconds left on the clock. That's a pretty good scenario for Auburn to win the game.

What's with the one ref prancing up and down the floor?

I'll remember you said this the next time you and your pals whine about UK's seeding, bad calls, or the idea that the media/NCAA have bias against Cal.

The world is a glorious place. There's no bias. The media has no favorites. There's no corruption based on elitist notions of propriety.
I have never one time whined about any of those things.

The irony is that some fans will not hesitate to point out bias against Calipari, and yet, my point is exactly that. Bias exists on the largest levels. . . .
I’m not with all my stats at the moment, but I seem to recall SEC teams do not win in the Final Four if Sirmons is on the whistle. I have no idea why, I just find it interesting. . . .
I believe the following are examples:
2014 Florida (w/ Higgins)
2015 Kentucky (w/ Higgins)
2017 South Carolina (w/ Higgins)
2019 Auburn (w/ Kimble). {Kimble was also on the UK vs UNC 2017 E8, along with JH}

For whatever it’s worth, Sirmons was also on the whistle for Duke’s last 2 Tournament exits, as well.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
I’m not with all my stats at the moment, but I seem to recall SEC teams do not win in the Final Four if Sirmons is on the whistle. I have no idea why, I just find it interesting. . . .
I believe the following are examples:
2014 Florida (w/ Higgins)
2015 Kentucky (w/ Higgins)
2017 South Carolina (w/ Higgins)
2019 Auburn (w/ Kimble). {Kimble was also on the UK vs UNC 2017 E8, along with JH}

For whatever it’s worth, Sirmons was also on the whistle for Duke’s last 2 Tournament exits, as well.

Ron Groover, Chris Rastatter, Michael Stephens and Terry Wymer. Will work title game. Wymer called our game with Auburn. Rastatter worked earlier games.

I understand that technically US Bank Stadium is not a dome, but it might as well be. The NCAA selects final four sites that are unfriendly to shooters.

Ron Groover, Chris Rastatter, Michael Stephens and Terry Wymer. Will work title game. Wymer called our game with Auburn. Rastatter worked earlier games.
I KNOW!!!!! I really, truly feel for Auburn tonight, but I can’t let the fact go that the refs did not call them for a single foul in the final 9:17 of our game! We weren’t given a fair shot. Yet Wymer is REWARDED! JH gets a Call of the Year Award after UNC, etc. . . . You hate to see it come to this, not feeling you’ve got a chance if certain someones are on the whistle. . . .

I KNOW!!!!! I really, truly feel for Auburn tonight, but I can’t let the fact go that the refs did not call them for a single foul in the final 9:17 of our game! We weren’t given a fair shot. Yet Wymer is REWARDED! JH gets a Call of the Year Award, etc. . . . You hate to see it come to this, not feeling you’ve got a chance if certain someones are on the whistle. . . .

Groover is fine. 1 out of 4.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT