ADVERTISEMENT

Filipowski

Future recruits won’t take notice. Duke has dominated recruiting since 2015 and the train isn’t stopping. They have had countless guys not pan out during that time, didn’t matter.

Remember when “once K leaves Duke won’t get the top guys.” I remember.

All blue bloods will retain great players, but Duke will not be what they were under K going forward. Scheyer is just now getting to the point where he’s actually the head coach at Duke. Coach K has been running the show behind the scenes the last few years. It’s all been a front when it comes to Scheyer everyone knows that.

Scheyer will begin to, after this season, be the show. Recruits will no longer connect coach K to
Duke as seniors in high school were in middle school when he was there. It becomes distant history and that’s when we’ll see what kind of recruiting power Scheyer has. He hasn’t looked all that impressive as a floor coach at all, and I think this last top class group will be it. They’re going to start spacing out. Who wants rhe OAD stuff anymore anyway? Not UK. And if the OAD is what Duke wants good luck now that you’ve smashed a kids draft stock lol.

Good luck you’re going to need it. Also consider UNC IS going to the SEC eventually and UK / UNC becomes the premier rival. The SEC will not take Duke and UNC isn’t going to want it anyway. Duke will be left out of the conference shifts and be placed, probably, in the Big East. Their dominance will definitely take a hit as the BIG2 (SEC BIG10) take the majority as time moves on.

Enjoy what you can lol.

All blue bloods will retain great players, but Duke will not be what they were under K going forward. Scheyer is just now getting to the point where he’s actually the head coach at Duke. Coach K has been running the show behind the scenes the last few years. It’s all been a front when it comes to Scheyer everyone knows that.

Scheyer will begin to, after this season, be the show. Recruits will no longer connect coach K to
Duke as seniors in high school were in middle school when he was there. It becomes distant history and that’s when we’ll see what kind of recruiting power Scheyer has. He hasn’t looked all that impressive as a floor coach at all, and I think this last top class group will be it. They’re going to start spacing out. Who wants rhe OAD stuff anymore anyway? Not UK. And if the OAD is what Duke wants good luck now that you’ve smashed a kids draft stock lol.

Good luck you’re going to need it. Also consider UNC IS going to the SEC eventually and UK / UNC becomes the premier rival. The SEC will not take Duke and UNC isn’t going to want it anyway. Duke will be left out of the conference shifts and be placed, probably, in the Big East. Their dominance will definitely take a hit as the BIG2 (SEC BIG10) take the majority as time moves on.

Enjoy what you can lol.
I mean….the big East has won 5 of the last 10 titles, with no football money lol. With the ACC winning 3 of the last 10 titles. Sooooo I don’t really see it. Basketball is different than football.

The SEC/Big10 has combined for 0. So maybe you all will get one once the money starts flowing even deeper, but it hasn’t mattered at all for basketball.

Last edited:
Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

Sorry flop. NBA executives probably nervous after his near death experience with a fan touching him and him collapsing. Durability concerns.🤡

• Haha
Reactions: NociHTTP
I mean….the big East has won 5 of the last 10 titles, with no football money lol. With the ACC winning 3 of the last 10 titles. Sooooo I don’t really see it. Basketball is different than football.

The SEC/Big10 has combined for 0. So maybe you all will get one once the money starts flowing even deeper, but it hasn’t mattered at all for basketball.

The conference shifts haven’t even happened yet you tard. It’s going to end up the power 2 conferences and everyone else. UConn is about over too. Over the next decade the change will be very visible.

You’re moving at a snails pace. Keep up.

And let me guess, you’re one of those “Duke” fans that bought a shirt at Walmart and hasn’t stepped foot in the entire state of NC?

Every GM has his atrocious defensive tape, and every opposing coach will go right at him any time he enters the game. He’s not long for the league unless he becomes a knockdown perimeter shooter, which he was only decent at in college.

There are many reasons to be glad that Calipari is gone, so hold your fire. But I never faulted him for telling guys to go to the NBA when the iron is hot -- because of stories like this. This kid probably cost himself more money than I've made in 40 years -- and I'm fairly well paid these days -- just to come back and flop around at Duke another year. Being able to take care of generations of your family financially is too important to risk. (And yeah, I know that he won't exactly be homeless. But he cost himself several million dollars, and that is no joke.)
We all agree that Calipari should have told superstars like John Wall, Big Cuz, A.D., Julius Randle, Booker, K.A.T., Fox, ect.. to go pro. But the problem was when he let players that was not even close to being NBA ready like Marquis Teague, James Young, BJ Boston, Chris Livingston, ect... leave here with 3 years of eligibility left. Instead of telling them what they needed to hear, which was you ARE NOT NBA ready, he told them what they wanted to hear.

• Love
Reactions: Fox2monk
And how has it been working out for them since the start of the 2015 season? I'd make the argument that no one aside from Duke and Calipari are even really trying to 1AD talent these days. Sure, any team will take a top5 guy.. but coaches don't seem keen to court a 5-star player for months of even years, just to have to fork over $2mil and only have him for a year.

Go back to the Duke board. We know you're obsessed with what Kentucky fans think of Duke, doesn't mean we want you here.
A bunch of troll accounts on here lately. Maybe Rivals should start charging them rent for taking up space on the servers.

I'm not into the schadenfreude thing just because he played at Dook. Filipowski is 20 years old, in my eyes is no longer a 'kid,' but it's not the end of the world for Filipowski by any stretch. The young man obviously received and trusted bad advice. One positive thing that can come from this for Filipowski is doing a much better job filtering who he listens to going forward.

There are many reasons to be glad that Calipari is gone, so hold your fire. But I never faulted him for telling guys to go to the NBA when the iron is hot -- because of stories like this. This kid probably cost himself more money than I've made in 40 years -- and I'm fairly well paid these days -- just to come back and flop around at Duke another year. Being able to take care of generations of your family financially is too important to risk. (And yeah, I know that he won't exactly be homeless. But he cost himself several million dollars, and that is no joke.)

But hey man, he has something you'll never earn in 400 years...and that's a brotherhood.

Groomed… really? Many a man have been swayed by a woman. Goes both ways.

Grooming is entirely different
Based on what his family has said it’s 100% grooming. He was manipulated at a young age and convinced to basically abandon his family.

Just ask yourself if it would be grooming if the sexes were switched. If a 26 year old man with a Masters degree went to a high school girl’s prom, started a long relationship with her, and took her from her family. Of course that would be grooming.

Groomed… really? Many a man have been swayed by a woman. Goes both ways.

Grooming is entirely different
To be fair of this was a dude that was 28 and he started dating a high profile female athlete when they were in high school, they would be in prison with CP charges depending on what state it happened in. Especially if the family of the girl came out with these allegations.

Grooming is a strong ass word, but a 26 year old going to prom is weird AF
I mean let’s say she started when he was 14 and she was 22, that’s grooming, she went to his prom. Sounds very grooming like to me. If it were reversed no way a dude wouldn’t be in jail over this. She was 26 at the time of his senior prom and convinced him to leave his family. That’s not normal.

Last edited:
Grooming is a strong ass word, but a 26 year old going to prom is weird AF
I don’t think it’s strong at all considering her age when he was in high school, the fact the family is highly against it, and he abandoned them. He’s obviously worried because he was highly concerned about the draft interview about it. Sounds very much like grooming to me. It’s following the exact kinda pattern that happens in these cases. Then he free falls in the draft only to be drafted by Jazz. Their owner is one of the largest Mormon donors on the planet. Too coincidental to me. Their network is highly connected, especially in Utah and out west.

Last edited:
Reactions: delk4three
On one hand that this didn’t come out while at Duke makes me scratch my head. But I probably know why.

I feel sorry for his family. I hope they can all find peace and somehow heal from this one day.

Did you all ever have an old guy at your prom? We did my senior year. Some girl brought her like 25 year old cop boyfriend. So weird.

Never seen an older female come back to a prom.

• Wow
Reactions: Fox2monk
We've all been whipped by you know what at some point in our lives. The physical part is just overwhelmingly good. However, I never let it affect my relationship with my siblings and parents. Wtf is wrong with this kid if this is true. And a 26 year old going to prom, and she wasn't embarrassed herself?

We've all been whipped by you know what at some point in our lives. The physical part is just overwhelmingly good. However, I never let it affect my relationship with my siblings and parents. Wtf is wrong with this kid if this is true. And a 26 year old going to prom, and she wasn't embarrassed herself?

The more I’ve dived into this it disgusts me.

If the gender’s were reversed all hell would be breaking loose.

Boys, Mormon culture is pretty interesting to say the least. A buddy of mine is ex-Mormon from Utah and I got familiarized with a lot of stuff particularly their "workarounds" on things.

Check out 'soaking.'

I'll leave it at that.

it has nothing to do with being Mormon
it has everything to do with a 26 year old woman hooking up with a kid in high school and controlling him
some teachers have went to prison for very similar things

i am not Mormon but i have a few friends that are and they are very good people

Reactions: wardlow
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT