ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite Tennessee player ??

Peyton has learned what Tom Brady hasn’t yet (or hasn’t seemed to completely kick in yet) And that’s don’t take yourself so damn seriously.

Peyton is well liked because he can take a joke at his own expense and has no problem being just Peyton, instead of Peyton Manning, NFL legend.

I mean who doesn’t love the Nationwide commercials with Brad Paisley? They’re funny.

Maybe when Brady finally retires for good he will get it.
I don't. Tired of seeing his ugly face, although he is a good liar.

Gotta consider Alan Houston just because he pissed off all of the UL fans by going there.
But I have to go with Tom Boerwinkle. A big clumsy oaf with a goofy name, perfect for UT.

Their baseball team got me thinking, since they (baseball) are the biggest group of punks and whiners I’ve ever seen, are their any UT athletes that you actually liked? Maybe have a favorite?

Was tough to think of one in basketball, although I do respect Vescovi and would love a guy like him at UK.

I guess I’d probably go with Peyton Manning.
Did Charles Manson play for UT?

I'd go with him........whether he played or not.

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
I didn’t despise Dale Ellis. Although, he did cause me to get grounded in 4th grade when I threw the remote & broke it into pieces after he scored 22 & they beat us by 2 in 83.
Grew up and played against Ellis in Marietta, GA. He was the best that came out of this area. My team did come out on top in one game as Dale missed to game winner.

He was supposed to go to Georgia along with his twin brother. When he committed to Tennessee, I knew he was going to give us fits, and was a flashback to the Ernie/Bernie days.

Ellis was special and continued to get better at each level. Played post through college and ends up being one of the top 3 point shooters of all time in the NBA.

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
Grew up and played against Ellis in Marietta, GA. He was the best that came out of this area. My team did come out on top in one game as Dale missed to game winner.

He was supposed to go to Georgia along with his twin brother. When he committed to Tennessee, I knew he was going to give us fits, and was a flashback to the Ernie/Bernie days.

Ellis was special and continued to get better at each level. Played post through college and ends up being one of the top 3 point shooters of all time in the NBA.
That’s awesome. He was actually the all-time leader in made 3s til Reggie Miller passed him. He had such a smooth stroke. I always liked him, despite the fact he went to UT. One of only a handful of Vols that I could tolerate.

Reactions: KMKAT
Maning, hated him in college but this dude is funny, humble and entertaining.
The rest are thugs just like thier fans.

I'm getting ready to start a thread to ask about everyone's favorite time they were punched in the giblets.

Reactions: YardCat
The term “favorite UT player” makes about as much sense as the term “leftover bacon”.

s-l500.jpg

Reactions: YardCat
Their baseball team got me thinking, since they (baseball) are the biggest group of punks and whiners I’ve ever seen, are their any UT athletes that you actually liked? Maybe have a favorite?

Was tough to think of one in basketball, although I do respect Vescovi and would love a guy like him at UK.

I guess I’d probably go with Peyton Manning.
The ones UK beats.

Bernard King

I wasn't alive when he played at Tenn, but I was alive when he played in the NBA. He was electric! One of my top 5 favorite players ever.

Bernard King.
Ernie Grunfeld was at my basketball camp in high school. He bet some kid he could make 20 straight 3 pointers from the top of the key with one hand...and he did.

This question is like asking someone which is their favorite hemorrhoid.

I can't say I "liked" - though I never "disliked" him - but I've always been somewhat sympathetic to Johnny Majors because I thought he got absolutely screwed when they gave the 1956 Heisman to Paul Hornung. Tommy McDonald at Oklahoma was a better college player than Hornung, too.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
Gotta consider Alan Houston just because he pissed off all of the UL fans by going there.
But I have to go with Tom Boerwinkle. A big clumsy oaf with a goofy name, perfect for UT.
---
Same here with Boerwinkle, but you know, as goofy as he seemed, he played 10 years in the NBA with the Bulls.

Reactions: otis-gip
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT