ADVERTISEMENT

Fantasy Football

Won 2 out of 3 and finally out of last place. Hardly miss Barkley at this point. šŸ˜

What prizes do yinz do? In my main league (ten of us), we all pitch in $20; the league winner gets $180 and second gets his or her money back. First also gets an awesome championship belt for the year.

Last place gets...

...the Tebow trophy (signed by the winner, along with his or her record) and has to display it for the year. XD

s-l1600.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: jameslee32
We're in a $60 league but that inclues the MFL website and weekly pickems. The app is free. First, 2nd and 3rd get money as well as the winner of the pickems. I got a few hundred as I recall when I won the league a couple years ago.

Reactions: J_Dee
I got hosed last week with Josh Allen tossing a stinker and with Rodgers being out Devante Adams was a low scorer. The Colts defense were lucky to net me 0 points.

Every week my dilemma is whether I start Chase Edmonds or James Conner. I started Edmonds and he got hurt. If I had started Conner I would have won the game even with all that transpired in the first paragraph.

Currently 2nd place (first in my 6 team division). My best move so far was picking up undrafted Patterson from the Falcons early on.

Last edited:
Without my 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th and 9th picks.. and I'm just a Kittle or Henderson TD away from winning this week. Idk how I'm even still in this.

My opponent has CMC, Josh Allen, John Conner, Mike Williams, AJ brown and Kyle Pitts. I should have lost by 40 or 50.

Damn.

Henderson was just a little shy for me.

Also, I only have 3 guys left and/or healthy from my 15-man team I drafted.. Kittle, Henderson and Brady lmfao. What a mess.

How we looking fellas?

Sitting at 6-6, but smashing this this week. Still need a win and/or some teams to lose for me to make playoffs.

I put up the 3rd highest score this season (Bills defense pending), without my 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 8th, and 9th draft picks today. Did it with some real luck on guys like Elijah Moore, Waddle, Sony, and Freeman. Broken clock is right twice a day I guess.

Patiently waiting for Kamara, D-Hop, and Henderson to return.. I might upset some teams in the playoffs.

9-3 but probably about to go 9-4. I have 3 going tonight and he has 1 but I'm in such a huge hole because he had 2 go for 30+ and a TE go for 25. I think I'd need a combined 71 points between Josh Allen, Stephon Diggs and the NE kicker to win.

Urban Meyer is insane. Him deciding to sit his best offensive weapon because he fumbled in the first quarter hurt me. I have nothing but ill will to that ass hat.

Last edited:
9-3 but probably about to go 9-4. I have 3 going tonight and he has 1 but I'm in such a huge hole because he 2 go for 30+ and a TE go for 25. I think I'd need a combined 71 points between Josh Allen, Stephon Diggs and the NE kicker to win.

Urban Meyer is insane. Him deciding to sit his best offensive weapon because he fumbled in the first quarter hurt me. I have nothing but ill will to that ass hat.

Hard to call tonight's game. Something tells me it's going to be low scoring. Both teams have good defenses.. New England and Bill B will find a way to shut down Buffalo... meanwhile, New Englands offense has been feasting on cupcakes for weeks and I think they've been way over achieving.

I don't see any great performances tonight, fantasy wise. Kickers though.. that's one to watch. But obviously not enough to make up 71 points.

Also, if Allen and Diggs do happen to ball out.. that would mean Bills are putting up 30-40 points.. which tells me New England needs TDs to keep up, which means not many FGs for the Pats kicker.

Made a real nice play yesterday during the game, which is something most novice fantasy football players seem to neglect.

Had Buffalo and LAR on defense. LAR was projected two more points, but because I needed a defense badly next week (Buff and LAR have bad matchups), and because I was winning big, I dropped LAR (4:15pm) to grab Greenbay who was on a bye.

Always think ahead. If you have some late games, like 4pms, 8pms, or Monday night.. see if you need those players.. If you don't, you can maybe drop them and grab someone on a bye, or someone with a nice match up. People never seem to make moves DURING the games, but it's really how you can get a jump on the competition.

I'm a lock for the playoffs in my main league. My second league's waaay more competitive but I think I'll hit the playoffs there, too.

My heart's just not in it very well this season. As long as I avoid last place, I'm good this year. XD

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
I'm hearing from some Buffalo/NY folks that it's blizzard like conditions for tonight's game. I can't wait.. I think this could be game of the year, and if the weather hits just right, it's gonna be wild.

Just locked up the No. 1 seed for the playoffs as the regular season champ. Regular season championship guarantees $150 in winnings. If I win the super bowl, itā€™s another $150.

Not bad for drafting 10th in a 12 team league.

Just locked up the No. 1 seed for the playoffs as the regular season champ. Regular season championship guarantees $150 in winnings. If I win the super bowl, itā€™s another $150.

Not bad for drafting 10th in a 12 team league.

Good work!

I kind of prefer drafting later. I'd rather get two real good players at say 8th and 13th, then get the 2nd pick and then the 19th. Plus, any player whose worthy of being a top3 pick, did so because of past performance, and that likely means more mileage. Sure enough, CMC, Kamara, Henry and Cook all went down this year, and i bet the majority of their owners didn't finish that well.. Last year, it was CMC and Barkley.

Reactions: MegaBlue05
Good work!

I kind of prefer drafting later. I'd rather get two real good players at say 8th and 13th, then get the 2nd pick and then the 19th. Plus, any player whose worthy of being a top3 pick, did so because of past performance, and that likely means more mileage. Sure enough, CMC, Kamara, Henry and Cook all went down this year, and i bet the majority of their owners didn't finish that well.. Last year, it was CMC and Barkley.

I got incredibly lucky on draft day. Aaron Jones fell to me at 10. I took Cooper Kupp in the sixth round and heā€™s had a helluva season. I took Eckler in Round 2 and Herbert is my QB. Luckily theyā€™ve connected on several combo points TDs.

I agree with you. Last year I picked second and finished dead last. The gap in talent between my first pick and second pick was vast, I missed all the elite receivers and that second pick was ā€¦ Barkley. Lol.

• Wow
I got incredibly lucky on draft day. Aaron Jones fell to me at 10. I took Cooper Kupp in the sixth round and heā€™s had a helluva season. I took Eckler in Round 2 and Herbert is my QB. Luckily theyā€™ve connected on several combo points TDs.

I agree with you. Last year I picked second and finished dead last. The gap in talent between my first pick and second pick was vast, I missed all the elite receivers and that second pick was ā€¦ Barkley. Lol.

Ooof yeah. Gonna be interesting to see where those guys get drafted next year.

Cooper Kupp has killed it. Has to be the biggest surprise of this fantasy year.

I'm waiting to see what happens with Kamara, Dhop, Henderson and Brown... but I've maneuvered real well grabbing Sony, Waddle, Elijah Moore and Renfrow.

Saved my season a few weeks ago by trading Godwin and Marvin Jones for Gibson and Higgins.

I have CEH and Williams and wish one of them would just miss the rest of the season. When both of them play theyā€™re both mediocre. My momentum got killed last week with Rodgers/Adams/Chubb all on bye but I should lock up the 3 seed this week with a good chance In the playoffs.

Ooof yeah. Gonna be interesting to see where those guys get drafted next year.

Cooper Kupp has killed it. Has to be the biggest surprise of this fantasy year.

I'm waiting to see what happens with Kamara, Dhop, Henderson and Brown... but I've maneuvered real well grabbing Sony, Waddle, Elijah Moore and Renfrow.

Elijah Moore has been amazing. He and Patterson are the WW darlings of the year. Renfrow is a killer in PPR. Nice team youā€™ve got there man.

Elijah Moore has been amazing. He and Patterson are the WW darlings of the year. Renfrow is a killer in PPR. Nice team youā€™ve got there man.

It took a lot of maneuvering lol.. I'm still pretty jaded with how bad my injuries were. A team of Kamara, D-Hop, AB, Carson, Henderson, Kittle and Brady should have been money..

I am happy with how my moves played out. Weirdly enough, I almost would rather some of the above guys stay out, as I don't think many of them are 100%. My team of Waddle, Renfro, Elijah, Freeman and Sony helped get me top score last week at 165.. Quite a bit for half PPR.

Sidebar: I'm actually excited for my Jets, for what seems like the first time in nearly a decade. I think we finally landed some great draft picks, starting with Moore.. and we currently have the 4th, 5th, 36th and 40th picks. We literally have 10% of the first 40 picks. I'm stoked.

It appears I'll finish 5th or 6th place .... for the 9th consecutive season.

No worries. Love the heck out of our FFL. Could not ask for a better group of owners. Look forward to it every year.

If not for FF Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d be glued to the TV every weekend like I am now. Makes the NFL interesting for games Iā€™d never GAF about otherwise.

It took a lot of maneuvering lol.. I'm still pretty jaded with how bad my injuries were. A team of Kamara, D-Hop, AB, Carson, Henderson, Kittle and Brady should have been money..

I am happy with how my moves played out. Weirdly enough, I almost would rather some of the above guys stay out, as I don't think many of them are 100%. My team of Waddle, Renfro, Elijah, Freeman and Sony helped get me top score last week at 165.. Quite a bit for half PPR.

Sidebar: I'm actually excited for my Jets, for what seems like the first time in nearly a decade. I think we finally landed some great draft picks, starting with Moore.. and we currently have the 4th, 5th, 36th and 40th picks. We literally have 10% of the first 40 picks. I'm stoked.

I went heavy on RB. I had the 6th pick and went Adams/Chubb/CEH/Carson. Carson is money when he is healthy but man the injuries. Handcuffing CEH saved me from a couple of losses.

The draft is like 10% of the season. 15 years ago you could win your league on draft night but there are too many tools out there now and everyone drafts well. Itā€™s all about making good use of WW money, making a good trade, and getting really lucky. Covid has made it even harder. Iā€™ll be happy when that shit is over.

Well Jefferson came to a screeching halt and Claypool had a huge 2nd half for me to fade what looked like a disaster.

Somehow won 4 straight with help from Herbert, Higgins and Fournette. Had Allen on Covid List, Mitchell out with a concussion, Thielen out with an ankle and Pittman/Waddle on byes. Playoffs start next week.

Had the best remaining two weeks of anyone in the league. Hoping to ride it through.. but the all the possible opponents i play in the 1st round are stacked. The season probably ends for me next week.

Amazing that I took a nap on Saturday, and woke up to find Elijah Moore on IR and Henderson with COVID. I'd feel a little better if I had those two.

Had the best remaining two weeks of anyone in the league. Hoping to ride it through.. but the all the possible opponents i play in the 1st round are stacked. The season probably ends for me next week.

Amazing that I took a nap on Saturday, and woke up to find Elijah Moore on IR and Henderson with COVID. I'd feel a little better if I had those two.
Finished 10-4 in 2nd place and get a bye.

I'm concerned that COVID is going to completely wreck the fantasy playoffs.

I was in a little trouble going into last night but Rodgers/Adams went Supernova and bailed me out.

Finished 10-4 in 2nd place and get a bye.

I'm concerned that COVID is going to completely wreck the fantasy playoffs.

Honestly... good. I don't stand much of a chance anyways lol.

I was the most injured team this fantasy season in my league.. last years basketball season I finished with 2,200 more points scored against me than anyone else (that's like having 250 more fantasy football points scored against you than anyone else) because of awful SOS.. lost the most players to COVID last year... and THIS year.. The two Bulls games that just got postponed, first of any team this season? Of course I have 2 of their best players in Vooch and Lonzo.

So I'm ready for this to blow up! Let's do it!

*7 of my guys get COVID and I lose 40 to 170 in the first round*

Reactions: BigTimeBecks3500
Lol... we do a highest point total wins $35 in our league. Tonight, my team was down 183 to 182 after that AZ FG with 30 seconds left. AZ gets the onside kick and throws a nine yard pass to Connor. Boom, I win 184 to 183. It's a Christmas miracle! And a nice consolation prize for missing the playoffs by a game.

Lol... we do a highest point total wins $35 in our league. Tonight, my team was down 183 to 182 after that AZ FG with 30 seconds left. AZ gets the onside kick and throws a nine yard pass to Connor. Boom, I win 184 to 183. It's a Christmas miracle! And a nice consolation prize for missing the playoffs by a game.

Fantasy is just as volatile as sports betting. All kinds of crazy shit. Nice win man.

Reactions: WayneDougan

Nobody ever wins our league 2 years in-a-row anyway. Last year's winner didn't make the playoffs so Covid is nbd. Buisness as usual. I'm the last seed, #6. I think I actually beat the team I'm playing the first game of the year but that was ages ago. I got spanked week #8 in the rematch.

10-4, tied for first but lose the tie breaker making me the second seed in the playoffs with a bye this week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT