ADVERTISEMENT

Fake Insiders

Even Dave falls in that category.

I think Dave might tell you he is dealing with kids and things can change on a dime. The funny aspect is the silly fans getting wrapped up on hearsay from kids.

Just wait till the endorsements hit the fan. Hey kid, I’ll give you 10 grand for that picture if you never wear a KY uniform.

Reactions: chroix
I have visited this board for the last 15 years (only began posting recently) and have a real issue with people calling out good guys like Dave Kersey and Ralph Dalton who simply report what has been said in their networks. It’s obvious that they have connections.

Yes, you get guys like CoachX11 who are frauds. But even at that.... isn’t that the reason we all flock to these boards in the first place? I live for the rumors. I’ve just trained myself to not get totally deflated when a kid picks a different school.

I have never, nor will ever understand, why some posters get so upset about any info leaked or fabricated on this board. And want to put someone on trial for being right or wrong. It just drives the good guys away, and then they don’t post rumors anymore.

I think he's saying that people get on here after news is spreading and claim it's a done deal and say it's going to be announced a certain date. I agree with him. Not everyone has to believe the same thing around here.

^^^^ This ^^^^ There are some posters who claim they ‘know’ inside information and they flat out don’t know ANYTHING the rest of us don’t know. If they guess correctly I guess it makes em feel like big shots. Who knows. But I take everything with a grain of salt and let it play out. Obviously there ARE some posters that are more knowledgeable than others and they’ve proven themselves over time. On this particular topic it looks like the kid isn’t committing today / tonight which makes several posters look rather bogus at this time.

Reactions: justin_uk_5
I have visited this board for the last 15 years (only began posting recently) and have a real issue with people calling out good guys like Dave Kersey and Ralph Dalton who simply report what has been said in their networks. It’s obvious that they have connections.

Yes, you get guys like CoachX11 who are frauds. But even at that.... isn’t that the reason we all flock to these boards in the first place? I live for the rumors. I’ve just trained myself to not get totally deflated when a kid picks a different school.

I have never, nor will ever understand, why some posters get so upset about any info leaked or fabricated on this board. And want to put someone on trial for being right or wrong. It just drives the good guys away, and then they don’t post rumors anymore.

stop being reasonable, it’s uncalled for and unacceptable!

Reactions: Titpwhami2014
I respect the people that have info and love reading it. But I guess I'm just the pessimistic type that doesn't believe a recruit is coming until he actually says he is committed. But appreciate everyone's input.

The best thing about the Cade threads is that it strengthens my ignore list.

I have followed recruiting for almost 30 years now. Dialup modem message boards! Times have changed, most kids and their circles are too savvy these days and the best we can expect is to know which way the recruit is leaning. Recruiting info can be spot on one day and then completely change for thousands of reasons. Nothing is a done deal until they are on campus.

One of the biggest reasons there aren't many insiders is because of the knuckleheads on this board. Also, most peeps in this thread are using the term insider way too loosely. Each recruit has a completely different circle of people. There isn't anyone that can be an "insider" for all recruits. Dave has sources - and has for years. Do we know how plugged in those sources are to this recruitment - no. Will we - no. Should we - no.

I appreciate Dave's info whether it turns out correct or not. I have been on message boards with him for years and have been on paid boards with him where more details have been discussed. Hell, a lot of those details and stories have given me insight in how complicated this whole environment is and why things often change. This has helped me not get too up or down on any new info. The best we can expect is to know who we are recruiting and hopefully which way the wind is blowing on those recruits. Especially on a FREE MESSAGE BOARD.

The best thing about the Cade threads is that it strengthens my ignore list.

I have followed recruiting for almost 30 years now. Dialup modem message boards! Times have changed, most kids and their circles are too savvy these days and the best we can expect is to know which way the recruit is leaning. Recruiting info can be spot on one day and then completely change for thousands of reasons. Nothing is a done deal until they are on campus.

One of the biggest reasons there aren't many insiders is because of the knuckleheads on this board. Also, most peeps in this thread are using the term insider way too loosely. Each recruit has a completely different circle of people. There isn't anyone that can be an "insider" for all recruits. Dave has sources - and has for years. Do we know how plugged in those sources are to this recruitment - no. Will we - no. Should we - no.

I appreciate Dave's info whether it turns out correct or not. I have been on message boards with him for years and have been on paid boards with him where more details have been discussed. Hell, a lot of those details and stories have given me insight in how complicated this whole environment is and why things often change. This has helped me not get too up or down on any new info. The best we can expect is to know who we are recruiting and hopefully which way the wind is blowing on those recruits. Especially on a FREE MESSAGE BOARD.
Just curious...like many others...what and when was it ever decided dave has inside info? Ive been here 12 years and I've never known that. What makes his info any different than any other poster?

If you don't understand the level of info someone like kersey and loney have, then you just can't think for yourself.

I know Jones said today there's no info coming out of the staff because they shut it down. It really means HE isn't getting anymore info out of the staff.

If someone is the first to break a surprise visit, know when it's happening, and know who's requested it - they have inside info. Good inside info. Period.

Reactions: Chase4UK
Times like these are when we find out who the true insiders are and who just wants attention. Certain people alluded to Cade giving a commitment to UK in the past 2 days and Cade himself said he’s still open to all schools on his list.
He wouldn’t say that if he had committed to Kentucky , even if it was a silent commit.

I do believe the insiders who posted that they believe UK gets him, but certain people claimed that ‘we got him’ or that ‘Cade will commit soon and he’s coming to UK’... thankfully we can weed out the fakes through recruitments like these
Plenty of trolls on here. About the only one I take note of on here as being legit is Dave Kersey.

Back in the 90's I was friends with a team manager. He was showing me around Memorial Collosium and the basketball facilities. He opened a box and pulled out a denim jersey and told me they were the new uniforms. The name on the back was Jackson. I said " who is Jackson? " He said " he's a transfer we're getting from Fla. State . I told a lot of people about this transfer cause I thought it was rock solid " inside information " . The transfer never happened and I looked like an idiot. Sometimes things that are supposed to happen don't happen for some reason.

Just curious...like many others...what and when was it ever decided dave has inside info? Ive been here 12 years and I've never known that. What makes his info any different than any other poster?

Like I said, I have been on paid message boards with him (not this site) and others that had connections and the level of detail they would discuss made it obvious they had connections. I learned a ton about recruiting back then... There was a time before social media where the inside info was more reliable. Still not perfect cause there are always kids that play it close to the vest.

Now, it's just too complicated...too much at stake... too much info out there... it's tough to sift through... so it's just better to take all info with a grain of salt and let it play it out.

I just like knowing who we are involved with... and I'm also here for the all @bucsrule8872 lineup prediction posts. I used to do the same thing now I just look for his posts and save the time typing them out :smiley:

That's what I've been facing, i don't understand it. I'm not a coach, a former player, a scout, none of that, but I am a UK fan who lives and dies with each game. Unless we kiss tail and say that we are unworthy to Cal and the staff, and that we have been incredibly successful the past ten years, then we are called trolls, "the worst". I wish the mods would make it an automatic ban for anyone who calls someone a derogatory name
You saying we haven't been successful the past 10 years?

That's what I've been facing, i don't understand it. I'm not a coach, a former player, a scout, none of that, but I am a UK fan who lives and dies with each game. Unless we kiss tail and say that we are unworthy to Cal and the staff, and that we have been incredibly successful the past ten years, then we are called trolls, "the worst". I wish the mods would make it an automatic ban for anyone who calls someone a derogatory name
If there were no trolls there would be no trolls to call names.

Times like these are when we find out who the true insiders are and who just wants attention. Certain people alluded to Cade giving a commitment to UK in the past 2 days and Cade himself said he’s still open to all schools on his list.
He wouldn’t say that if he had committed to Kentucky , even if it was a silent commit.

I do believe the insiders who posted that they believe UK gets him, but certain people claimed that ‘we got him’ or that ‘Cade will commit soon and he’s coming to UK’... thankfully we can weed out the fakes through recruitments like these
Are you talking about Dave Kersey?

Last edited:
There has never been an Insider on this board ever. What people don't understand and I've tried to pound this into people's memories over the past 30 years that even guys like Evan are Outsiders. To think that anyone who posts here gets first-hand information well you are traveling on the wrong road. what does happen is that Outsiders like me get information from other Outsiders and we compare notes and then we make decisions about the chances of Landing a prospect. There were times when it was easier to obtain information especially from the UK coaching staff but those days are over with the Calipari regime. over the years there have been people posting on this board who were getting better information than some others but they were run off by clueless people similar to those who are posting now. and it's a shame

The OP must not follow recruiting much. If I had a dollar for every time I have heard a recruit say they were doing one thing and do another I would be a rich man. I mean we had a certain football recruit commit, whose name shall never be uttered from my lips, deny he was going anywhere else, all while the other schools media was saying he had committed to them. Most of these kids do this crap to get their "brand" out there. Does that mean some of these guys are wrong or don't have connections? No it sometimes mean these kids are full of crap.

Really

The OP must not follow recruiting much. If I had a dollar for every time I have heard a recruit say they were doing one thing and do another I would be a rich man. I mean we had a certain football recruit commit, whose name shall never be uttered from my lips, deny he was going anywhere else, all while the other schools media was saying he had committed to them. Most of these kids do this crap to get their "brand" out there. Does that mean some of these guys are wrong or don't have connections? No it sometimes mean these kids are full of crap.
And some of these insiders are not insiders at all. That is according to my insiders sources of course.

It’s not that I don’t believe Dave is plugged in and getting great info — I do. And I appreciate him sharing it.

Only thing I’ll say I take a little issue with — and it’s not a big deal so nobody freak out — is when the info is presented as such a sure thing. As in, this is happening you can even expect an announcement tomorrow! And then when it doesn’t happen and people go “wtf man, what happened to that?” All the blowback the people that call it out get that says “don’t you understand recruiting, and how things change?! Just appreciate the info!” Well yeah I do understand it and I understand how things change. So why present the info as such a sure thing? It’s not a big deal but it’s a nuance I think that needs to be pointed out. You can come with all this info but you always have this “well things change” caveat. Which is totally understandable if it’s presented in that way on the front end. Does what I’m saying make sense?

Also can I say I’m not trying to just single Dave out here. This is general statement about all the so called “insiders.”

LOL at the OP . It is called recruiting . Things are fluid . This board ( mostly HOB not RR but still its all the same thing ) has great insiders like Graff, Awk34, Dave K , Justwar and others . There are 1-2 what I would call fake insiders but this thread is calling out the actual insiders which does no one any good . I swear some have penis envy with these people as they can't stand that someone knows more then them so they must attack them.

I like Dave, but he better get this one right because no one will ever take what he says seriously again, no matter how much he tries to spin it.
I doubt that but look I have $100 on the line with an Oklahoma State guy who also thought Wednesday what's going to be the day of decision. Anyway the hundred dollar bet is that Cunningham chooses UK and the OSU guy of course chooses his own School. I could get this one wrong but as far as I know I was the first person on the UK side of things to make a prediction that UK had a shot at Cunningham. and I still believe UK will win the battle

There has never been an Insider on this board ever. What people don't understand and I've tried to pound this into people's memories over the past 30 years that even guys like Evan are Outsiders. To think that anyone who posts here gets first-hand information well you are traveling on the wrong road. what does happen is that Outsiders like me get information from other Outsiders and we compare notes and then we make decisions about the chances of Landing a prospect. There were times when it was easier to obtain information especially from the UK coaching staff but those days are over with the Calipari regime. over the years there have been people posting on this board who were getting better information than some others but they were run off by clueless people similar to those who are posting now. and it's a shame

But wouldn't at some point these outsiders have to know someone on the inside? I mean the information has to come from somewhere. Even if a bunch of outsiders sit down and compare notes, they are getting the notes from somewhere.

Because if not, then these outsiders are really no different than anybody on this message board.
I could get a group of people from this board and we could all speculate on where X recruit is going to land.

FWIW tho I do appreciate the information. I'm grateful that people post things that they hear regarding recruiting. It's up to each user to determine how much stock they want to put into that kind of stuff.

Reactions: okcpokefan12
It Just happened with Askew. He said he was NOT announcing the day someone said he would. I said just because his coach announced it before he could. Players commit to the coach a bunch of times. Only for it to be known that THEY want to announce it on their terms and where / when it will happen. This exact thing was the case for Askew. He gave Cal a commitment but he wanted to be the one to tell everyone. I may have the recruit wrong, but pretty sure Clarke did the exact same thing. So anyone saying a player does not commit to a school before it is announced to the public is simply not true.

Reactions: Chase4UK
So here’s my take:

It does seem a little ironic to me for someone to make such a big deal about fake insiders. You are sort of making a spectacle or yourself to complain about others making a spectacle of themselves.

To me that is just typical internet stuff. People read info elsewhere and then proclaim it as their own. Happens all the time in many different segments.

I think there ar many posters here who are just die hard fans and when they see something they convince themselves it’s true and pass it along as inside info or fact.

The ones who portray themselves as keyboard recruiting gurus I think are kinda funny. Just bc they call themselves that doesn’t make it true. I think most of us know they aren’t it kinda goes without saying really.

Most of us read all this shite for what it is—speculation, gossip and wishful thinking. I could care less who labels themselves insiders or not and I think most others agree.

Reactions: G-PIP
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT