ADVERTISEMENT

Enes Kanter Traded

Well a big problem last year is that Russ was the only guy that could make a shot. He's got weapons now. Regardless of how it works out, it'l be fun to watch to see what happens.

What does one have to do with the other?
I mean obviously he’s been on his account preaching about OKC being a family . At the end of the day he shouldn’t have bashed KD for making a decision that was best for him when these organizations aren’t loyal to the players .

I mean obviously he’s been on his account preaching about OKC being a family . At the end of the day he shouldn’t have bashed KD for making a decision that was best for him when these organizations aren’t loyal to the players .

OK, gotcha. I thought you were saying that Kanter was being disloyal.

But yeah, it's a business. I don't blame any of these players from acting in what they perceive to be their own best interests.

FWIW, one guy who's a collateral beneficiary of this is Dakari Johnson.

After trading both Kanter and Sabonis, OKC is suddenly desperate for a backup center, they have nobody else on that roster to backup Adams now. Which means Dakari should finally get his chance to show what he can do.

Last edited:
Well a big problem last year is that Russ was the only guy that could make a shot. He's got weapons now. Regardless of how it works out, it'l be fun to watch to see what happens.
That's not true at all. Kanter is an excellent offensive player and shoots a good percentage. Try again.

Nice! Kanter will help New York. Should be good for kristaps porzingis or whatever his name.

They can acquire whatever other players they want and it won't matter. Nobody's beating the Warriors until they break that team up.

They can acquire whatever other players they want and it won't matter. Nobody's beating the Warriors until they break that team up.

I feel like something will crack in two years. Whatcha think?

OKC should be fun to watch until chemistry issues inevitable take over lol. Melo and Westbrook will fight over shots and George will be left saying wtf until he leaves for the Lakers to be the guy in 2018.

After what he endured in New York, Melo will welcome the chance to play with great players and a competent organization.

If you follow basketball, you know he's been at his best when he wasn't asked to be the primary option, and he's accepted and flourished in that role.

On paper, this roster now looks pretty good and might have a legit chance at staying in a series with the Warriors now. When you have watched Westbrook and Mello play for as long as most of us has, it probably won't work out. I would hate to be the guy that has to tell Westbrook to stop looking for his offense and allow Mello a touch a couple of times during a quarter. I wouldn't want to tell Mello you aint in New York anymore and just playing hard while on offense just can't happen anymore. If both guys were smart, they would welcome each other's skillset on the basketball court and use it to make each a better player and at the least make things interesting while in the series with Golden State. Paul George is a dude that probably has a lot left to help both guys win their share of games this upcoming. The dude is a mismatch nightmare for anyone on the court. Mello should worry about his legacy and actually do something about it with being on the same floor as these two talented players. The dude showed the complete package while playing for team USA. Now you have talent again, show us and make us believers instead of doubting.

Hope Kanter does well in NY but OKC has had a great offseason

Seems like they gave up an awful lot of nice young players for two guys who play the same position. One injury prone and the other past his prime. Both of whom are one year rentals. Maybe they plan on getting something back for them at the trade deadline when it becomes obvious these 3 guys together is a train wreck?

Seems like they gave up an awful lot of nice young players for two guys who play the same position. One injury prone and the other past his prime. Both of whom are one year rentals. Maybe they plan on getting something back for them at the trade deadline when it becomes obvious these 3 guys together is a train wreck?

Paul George had one major injury. Other than the 2014-2015 season after the injury he's missed a tota of 11 games since the start of the 2011 season. That's not really injury prone.

This trade may just be a pass through for Anthony. If correct, since Anthony waived his trade clause, it cannot be reinstated. This means OKC can trade him to whomever they wish come before the trade deadline.

Anthony or George could be moved to LA/Houston for a number of players/picks. If it doesn't workout, there are options.

They also moved Oladipo and Kanter to get these pieces, which were two guys you were either going to have to overpay or let move on anyway.

If this doesn't work, Russ is leaving and PG is going to the Lakers, so you're going to be awful and in rebuild mode anyway. At least this path lets you take a shot at it and hope it keeps those guys happy and in town.

Maybe so, but even if he fails, still better than never getting that chance at all.

I'll give Dakari credit, he never quit trying to reach the League, kept plugging away for years in the D-League, and now finally has found a spot with a nice opportunity for himself. Hope he makes the best of it.

Last edited:
OKC got the star, but NY is quietly making some basketball decisions that aren't absolutely horrendous. This off season they've gotten younger, moved out some drama, dumped some injury liabilities...

Kanter and McDermott both just 25 years old, just entering their prime with room to grow/improve. Neither one will ever be as expensive or hard to deal with as Carmelo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT