ADVERTISEMENT

Why is Kyshaun George of Miami eligible, who according to Seth Greenberg played professional ball over seas. But Big Z is not?

TopCatCal

Senior
Dec 10, 2012
Just more proof that the NCAA is out to screw Kentucky over.

Jay Bilas said that it's inexplicable as to why the NCAA won't let Big Z play...... Reminds me of what Dick Vitale said back when the NCAA wouldn't let Enes Kanter play, that if Kanter was at any other school in the country other than Kentucky that the NCAA would let him play.

BIG Z SHOULD SUE THE HELL OUT OF THE NCAA!

Just more proof that the NCAA is out to screw Kentucky over.

Jay Bilas said that it's inexplicable as to why the NCAA won't let Big Z play...... Reminds me of what Dick Vitale said back when the NCAA wouldn't let Enes Kanter play, that if Kanter was at any other school in the country other than Kentucky that the NCAA would let him play.

BIG Z SHOULD SUE THE HELL OUT OF THE NCAA!
I've always wondered why a member institution hasn't sued before. It seems plenty of schools could have a case because of unfair, conflicting rulings. Some schools get hammered, and others get a slap on the wrist for similar offenses.

Hell, I would like to sue the NCAA myself for the pain and suffering they caused with the ridiculously unfair sanctions against us in the late 80s. Sometimes in the middle of the night, I still wake up screaming.

I've always wondered why a member institution hasn't sued before. It seems plenty of schools could have a case because of unfair, conflicting rulings. Some schools get hammered, and others get a slap on the wrist for similar offenses.

Hell, I would like to sue the NCAA myself for the pain and suffering they caused with the ridiculously unfair sanctions against us in the late 80s. Sometimes in the middle of the night, I still wake up screaming.
🤣

They are different situations. None of us on here really know anything since neither UK nor the NCAA has given any insight as to why the hold-up. That's why all the outrage, talk of suing, billboards, etc. is pretty misguided. Maybe he really doesn't qualify to be eligible.

The big outrage is the length of time. But maybe UK has contributed to that by appealing preliminary findings, not providing enough info in a timely manner, etc.

I'm sorry. I just can't blame NCAA on this until somebody can provide details. Watching our school and coaches and Big z himself fumble around on just getting admitted and taking the English exam. I can't trust that we're providing information to NCAA in a timely manner. It's not that I trust them much, but on this topic, I trust us even less.

Sure the NCAA is the easy target. But if it was 100% on the NCAA, why aren't Cal and Kentucky applying public pressure?? Nobody on Kentucky's side seems bothered by it. Really makes you wonder.
Yep. Think it's telling that Matt Jones and his KSR cohorts were really carrying the water for team about how simple this all should be with daily updates that the university was just gumming up the works. Now, if asked about it, he cuts off question and wants nothing to do with it.

Reactions: RunninRichie
The NCAA hates Calipari and Kentucky. Big Z should be playing, but the NCAA knows Kentucky would be in position to win it all.

Big Z should sue the NCAA and I don't understand why UK is being so quiet about it.

Remember before blasting the ncaa that uk woyldnt allow Z to enroll until mid October. So this isn’t all on the ncaa and I would say the university holding it up is a red flag.

Reactions: RunninRichie
They are different situations. None of us on here really know anything since neither UK nor the NCAA has given any insight as to why the hold-up. That's why all the outrage, talk of suing, billboards, etc. is pretty misguided. Maybe he really doesn't qualify to be eligible.

The big outrage is the length of time. But maybe UK has contributed to that by appealing preliminary findings, not providing enough info in a timely manner, etc.
👍🏻

Sure the NCAA is the easy target. But if it was 100% on the NCAA, why aren't Cal and Kentucky applying public pressure?? Nobody on Kentucky's side seems bothered by it. Really makes you wonder.
Things have gone really quiet on the Z subject from the UK standpoint. It seems we may never get a ruling or even a clue as to the real story.

Why did the NCAA refuse to approve Enes Kanter when he didn’t play as a professional with Fenerbahce (in fact he legally couldn’t have since he was around 15 at the time and pro teams couldn't sign players to contracts until they were 18 under FIBA regulations), yet they turned around shortly thereafter and allowed Alex Len to play for Maryland after Len did play explicitly as a professional?

I would really like to see the NCAA sued in Federal Court. Especially the NCAA Infractions Committee. And not a little case, either. But a big one where they have to answer for all their ridiculously arbitrary favoritism and contradictory practices over the years.

Reactions: drawing_dead
I would really like to see the NCAA sued in Federal Court. Especially the NCAA Infractions Committee. And not a little case, either. But a big one where they have to answer for all their ridiculously arbitrary favoritism and contradictory practices over the years.
Sued by whom? The School presidents, Ad’s, and conference commissioners are the NCAA. Are they gonna sue themselves?

Sued by whom? The School presidents, Ad’s, and conference commissioners are the NCAA. Are they gonna sue themselves?
Or any among even them who allege that the NCAA or its committee or enough of the principal members of either committed a crime. You thought there was a law you can't sue a body you belong to?

Cal should tell the NCAA to go pack sand and play Big Z. Screw them. They ain't done crap to Kansas, UL, UNCheat.

Florida State is in the ACC. And they're suing the ACC.
The school presidents, conference commissioners, and AD’s are the NCAA. They make up the committees that make these decisions and get to use the NCAA for cover. SEC commissioner Greg Sankey led the committee on infractions that let UNC off for decades of academic fraud and other violations. Greg Sankey gets no blame, the NCAA gets the blame. Blame the specific people responsible.

So if there's a known vendetta against UK, why does Cal waste time and a scholarship going after these "pro" foreign guys? If the NCAA is against UK, why waste the time and effort in getting these foreigners?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT