ADVERTISEMENT

Eli Brown transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harris is a fine RB. He made an informed decision. I think people are overstating his draft stock this year, How many RBs would have been drafted before Harris? I think staying in school was a reasonable decision.
Harris is a fine player. He probably isn't a 1st round draft choice. But he has speed, size, and good hands, so he will probably make an NFL roster. Everyone in this country gets to make personal choices for themselves. People who criticize Harris' decision are being selfish. Anyway, I would rather have Benny Snell, and I'll bet NFL GMs will agree. There are several important lessons in the Snell-Harris comparison. The effectiveness of a football player is linked to his fit in a system and his determination to excel. A 5 star is not necessarily a better college player than a 3 star. An instate player is not necessarily a more important recruit than an out of state player. Last, but not least, Mark Stoops' staff knows what they are doing when it comes to talent evaluation.

Reactions: jauk11
Yeah, and I wasn't even pointing out the FACTS in his buddy mitch's crimes against UK football.

And it is odd, that we are probably both maybe the biggest "pumpers" on here. I don't like to think of myself as a pumper, more of an optimist that appreciates the progress from TWO two win seasons, that thinks Stoops is making great progress in UK's MAIN problem for MOST of its history, lack of raw talent.

Reactions: RonEJones
Harris obviously loves being at Bama and him staying may be a little surprising but after Chubb and Michel stayed for their sr year it wasn't shocking. Harris,Chubb and Michel have 1 thing in commom, all three had shared carries their entire careers, thus less wear and tear on them compared to true feature backs. The really surprising one to return is the Love kid from Stanford, but until this year he wasn't a featured back. Boom's plan,or his dad's plan was always to be a 3 and gone guy, it's really too bad he wasn't taught to be a better receiver/return guy to give him a better chance to make the league. Boom's quickness would have been a huge skill for him if he had been a punt returner.

Chubb maybe surprised me more than anyone, he had already lost a year of his football life and found out he wasn't invincible, and I don't think he had a lot more to prove, he either had his old speed etc or he didn't and the scouts would have found out-------glad to see that he did seem to make a full recovery.

Yeah, and I wasn't even pointing out the FACTS in his buddy mitch's crimes against UK football.

BD is definitely a Barnhart fan first and a UK fan second (if BD is even a true UK fan). Dude (or dudet) will not hold Beta Barney accountable for anything and defends the indefensible. He's called out BPoe with some sort of inside UKAA info and either works for the UKAA, is some sort of contractor employed by Beta, a relative or is Beta's mistress.

Reactions: jauk11
BD is definitely a Barnhart fan first and a UK fan second (if BD is even a true UK fan). Dude (or dudet) will not hold Beta Barney accountable for anything and defends the indefensible. He's called out BPoe with some sort of inside UKAA info and either works for the UKAA, is some sort of contractor employed by Beta, a relative or is Beta's mistress.

Yeah, he is a good source of info, makes me wonder a lot of times, your post is certainly logical to me. I hate to argue with him because we both are optimists and both believe we are making progress, which is where you and I have a lot of differences. I think you and I are starting to agree more, have liked a lot of your recent posts, still a ways to go though, lol.

I just hope you live in Lexington also so you are allowed to voice your opinion on here, and I hope you have gone over the new recruiting room with a fine tooth comb, otherwise you have no more business posting on here than I do, lol.

Reactions: RonEJones
It's entertaining to watch you and jauk enabling each other's fantacies. Both of you have vivid imaginations.

Last edited:
Harris obviously loves being at Bama and him staying may be a little surprising but after Chubb and Michel stayed for their sr year it wasn't shocking. Harris,Chubb and Michel have 1 thing in commom, all three had shared carries their entire careers, thus less wear and tear on them compared to true feature backs. The really surprising one to return is the Love kid from Stanford, but until this year he wasn't a featured back. Boom's plan,or his dad's plan was always to be a 3 and gone guy, it's really too bad he wasn't taught to be a better receiver/return guy to give him a better chance to make the league. Boom's quickness would have been a huge skill for him if he had been a punt returner.
Any reason given for transfer?

Reactions: robo222
It's entertaining to watch you and jauk enabling each other's fantacies. Both of you have vivid imaginations.

Honest question - do you work for the UKAA in some capacity (directly employed, contractor, etc.)? If so, I get you defending who signs your checks - just want to verify your bias.

Honest question - do you work for the UKAA in some capacity (directly employed, contractor, etc.)? If so, I get you defending who signs your checks - just want to verify your bias.

Do you work for Mike Leach or for his agent?

Same kind of “honest question.”

Do you work for Mike Leach or for his agent?

Same kind of “honest question.”

You still butthurt over the thrashings I repeatedly gave you during the season? Figured you’d wised to up and learned to stay in your lane but you can’t help it - you need my attention.

Reactions: thepip
You still butthurt over the thrashings I repeatedly gave you during the season? Figured you’d wised to up and learned to stay in your lane but you can’t help it - you need my attention.

I am going to guess you work for Leach’s agent. (I also guess you’ll just have to remind me of that “thrashing”) LOL

(Weird you want to give my butt your attention)

I am going to guess you work for Leach’s agent. (I also guess you’ll just have to remind me of that “thrashing”) LOL

(Weird you want to give my butt your attention)

Typically I skip over your posts as Stoops cheerleaders rarely have valid points. But from the few times I have actually read them I surmise you guess a lot. Unfortunately, you’re not good at it.

Glad to help you out, but I still wonder why you go off on these obtuse things instead of TRYING to contradict the many FACTS I list for you documenting mitch's DISMAL support of football------

UNTIL the strike cost us about 20,000 season ticket holders after TWO two win seasons AND the huge sums of money due to OTHER SEC TEAMS emphasizing football left him with no excuses.

And no, I don't think anyone is Messenger on here, unique type of writing, he was an optimist usually though. He was in the medical field, put people to sleep in a hospital, anestheologist or however you spell it, in Iowa I think. I read a lot of his stuff on his own site, and when it closed and he wrote on the other one that went away, the one that posted THE picture of THE "recruiting room", the picture all our competition used to show prospects. But then, as our best recruiter, Tee said, AFTER he left the program, he just lied to prospects about our facilities. Probably easy for him since he went to Thug U.

Glad to help you out, but I still wonder why you go off on these obtuse things instead of TRYING to contradict the many FACTS I list for you documenting mitch's DISMAL support of football------

UNTIL the strike cost us about 20,000 season ticket holders after TWO two win seasons AND the huge sums of money due to OTHER SEC TEAMS emphasizing football left him with no excuses.

And no, I don't think anyone is Messenger on here, unique type of writing, he was an optimist usually though. He was in the medical field, put people to sleep in a hospital, anestheologist or however you spell it, in Iowa I think. I read a lot of his stuff on his own site, and when it closed and he wrote on the other one that went away, the one that posted THE picture of THE "recruiting room", the picture all our competition used to show prospects. But then, as our best recruiter, Tee said, AFTER he left the program, he just lied to prospects about our facilities. Probably easy for him since he went to Thug U.
CM Newton, Ciiff Hagan, Larry Ivy...since you are the smartest, and presumably oldest , guy in the room...why dont you do a little research and see how close the three of them COMBINED did for UK fb and sports programs in general(after all he is the AD of all sports) as MB has done...for CM( get his name off the wall) and Hagan I'll give you two words...Howard Schnellenburger:football::mad::uzi::mad:

Reactions: ukalum1988
CM Newton, Ciiff Hagan, Larry Ivy...since you are the smartest, and presumably oldest , guy in the room...why dont you do a little research and see how close the three of them COMBINED did for UK fb and sports programs in general(after all he is the AD of all sports) as MB has done...for CM( get his name off the wall) and Hagan I'll give you two words...Howard Schnellenburger:football::mad::uzi::mad:

When did I say they were good for football?

And I would bet that if any of them had lost TWENTY THOUSAND season ticket holders AND had immense quantities of money coming in they would have spent a lot on football also. The sad thing is that mitch either failed to recognize or chose to ignore the fact that football was the emerging money cow until the competition got a ten year head start, and, JMO, if he had spent more of the money that football EARNED on football it would have made MORE money available for the minor sports. Which I love also, by the way, #8 UK baseball team 4-0, so far.

Hard to say who is in the room, and I have never claimed to be either the smartest or oldest guy in the room, not sure how big the room is. If there are only two people in the room then I MIGHT be the smartest guy in the room-------probably about a 50/50 chance-------who knows.

I hope you aren't the other guy, I wouldn't stand a chance.

No, I don't work for the UKAA. But it's interesting to see how your mind works. If a poster possesses the knowledge to accurately discuss improvements in our football program and our football facilities that have occurred since Barnhart and Stoops got here, you interpret that as a "bias", so you conclude I must be getting paid by the UKAA. This just keeps getting better and better.

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
No, I don't work for the UKAA. But it's interesting to see how your mind works. If a poster possesses the knowledge to accurately discuss improvements in our football program and our football facilities that have occurred since Barnhart and Stoops got here, you interpret that as a "bias", so you conclude I must be getting paid by the UKAA. This just keeps getting better and better.

Anyone with half a brain and the internet can accurately discuss improvements to our FB program since the arrival of Stoops/Barney. Don’t flatter yourself,

It’s more to do with your constant defense of Barney and everything UKAA. When someone can’t say anything negative about the clown show that’s been UK FB under Barney - you have to wonder what agenda they have and whose paying them for the propaganda.

Anyone with half a brain and the internet can accurately discuss improvements to our FB program since the arrival of Stoops/Barney. Don’t flatter yourself,

It’s more to do with your constant defense of Barney and everything UKAA. When someone can’t say anything negative about the clown show that’s been UK FB under Barney - you have to wonder what agenda they have and whose paying them for the propaganda.
By way of review. You labeled me as being biased because I discuss improvements in our football program that are actually common knowledge. I have criticized Stoops at times, such as the Shannon Dawson hire and the earlier delay in naming a special teams coordinator. But at the end of the day, all our football facilities have been renovated and we have been to 2 straight bowls. These are publicly known facts. Since I have common knowledge of these improvements, you asked me if I work for the UKAA. I don't. I thought it was interesting that you believe a poster who sees progress has to be getting money from UKAA. That's a clear bias on your part. So here is my take on it. Your pattern of posting behavior suggests an intolerant, low information fan with a chip on your shoulder. Honestly, what are you adding to the conversation?

By way of review. You labeled me as being biased because I discuss improvements in our football program that are actually common knowledge. I have criticized Stoops at times, such as the Shannon Dawson hire and the earlier delay in naming a special teams coordinator. But at the end of the day, all our football facilities have been renovated and we have been to 2 straight bowls. These are publicly known facts. Since I have common knowledge of these improvements, you asked me if I work for the UKAA. I don't. I thought it was interesting that you believe a poster who sees progress has to be getting money from UKAA. That's a clear bias on your part. So here is my take on it. Your pattern of posting behavior suggests an intolerant, low information fan with a chip on your shoulder. Honestly, what are you adding to the conversation?

You have criticized Stoops, but Ron has never been critical of Mike Leach. Even when MSU was pounding WSU into the sand, Ron was tearfully defending Leach. There is no bigger Pumper on this board that RonE.

And, if you don’t belittle Stoops or Barnhart, he will call you biased. Its the quarter-brain approach to posting.

Reactions: Blue Decade
You have criticized Stoops, but Ron has never been critical of Mike Leach. Even when MSU was pounding WSU into the sand, Ron was tearfully defending Leach. There is no bigger Pumper on this board that RonE.

And, if you don’t belittle Stoops or Barnhart, he will call you biased. Its the quarter-brain approach to posting.
Which quarter?

Again, your rah, rah, for Barney and the UKAA is what makes me pause. It’s almost as if you work for him. The Eli transfer and how it’s no big deal in your eyes is just one example.

Your pattern of posting behavior suggests a head in the sand, UKAA can do nothing wrong poster with a chip on your shoulder. How is that adding to the conversation?

Living a alternative reality, Cavie? I’ve said many times that Leach is far from perfect. He’s no Saban, Sweeney, Kelly, etc. He’s had bad losses, had his butt kicked plenty and will get it kicked more in the future.

But he miles better than Stoops. Not even debatable unless you’re a pumper. That’s what turns you into a school girl.

Living a alternative reality, Cavie? I’ve said many times that Leach is far from perfect. He’s no Saban, Sweeney, Kelly, etc. He’s had bad losses, had his butt kicked plenty and will get it kicked more in the future.

But he miles better than Stoops. Not even debatable unless you’re a pumper. That’s what turns you into a school girl.

Wipe your tears away, RonELeach. Your daddy is a fantastic coach. I am just having some fun. Engage the rest of your brain and you can have fun too!

When did I say they were good for football?

And I would bet that if any of them had lost TWENTY THOUSAND season ticket holders AND had immense quantities of money coming in they would have spent a lot on football also. The sad thing is that mitch either failed to recognize or chose to ignore the fact that football was the emerging money cow until the competition got a ten year head start, and, JMO, if he had spent more of the money that football EARNED on football it would have made MORE money available for the minor sports. Which I love also, by the way, #8 UK baseball team 4-0, so far.

Hard to say who is in the room, and I have never claimed to be either the smartest or oldest guy in the room, not sure how big the room is. If there are only two people in the room then I MIGHT be the smartest guy in the room-------probably about a 50/50 chance-------who knows.

I hope you aren't the other guy, I wouldn't stand a chance.
You're right you wouldnt:joy::joy:...really, I know you are older than me so you have to remember what a disgrace the three I mentioned were to UK football. I've told you before I'm not kosher with everything MB has done. It would probably shock you that I was one of those strikers that you speak of, but when your boy was hired we immediately reauped. Why you ask? Because I thought we had hit the jackpot especially hiring NB as OC, but here we are three OCS later and I don't think he cares about having an offense that can survive in today's college fb climate...just me and I hope I'm proven wrong. You are just as wrong about MB as I "may" be MS. #GOCATS

REJ...you are I are usually on the same page, but will disagree a little. MB DOES have bosses and with UK hospital and campus upgrades the UK fb program just had to wait...yes I know that this wouldn't happen anywhere else in th SEC, but it is what it WAS. UK NOW has overall athletic facilities as good as any and still adding on. Is MB the best ad in the country? Probably not , but he most certainly has been the best UK has ever had and all you have to do is walk around the campus and TALK TO THE COACHES...they all love him.

Wipe your tears away, RonELeach. Your daddy is a fantastic coach. I am just having some fun. Engage the rest of your brain and you can have fun too!

Unless it was coaching me on how to rebuild an engine or pump iron, my old man wasn’t a great coach. He was more of a gear head than sports fan.

If you’re talking about Leach, glad you could finally admit it, Cavie. There may be hope for you.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
REJ...you are I are usually on the same page, but will disagree a little. MB DOES have bosses and with UK hospital and campus upgrades the UK fb program just had to wait...yes I know that this wouldn't happen anywhere else in th SEC, but it is what it WAS. UK NOW has overall athletic facilities as good as any and still adding on. Is MB the best ad in the country? Probably not , but he most certainly has been the best UK has ever had and all you have to do is walk around the campus and TALK TO THE COACHES...they all love him.

He may be the best we’ve had but that bar is pretty low. He’s just not a visionary, is too conservative and when he does make a strong move, it ends up being badly timed extensions (see Tubby, Stoops, Mirchell) or Billy Clyde.

We could do worse. I’m very thankful he’s not a renegade like Hoghead. But I feel he runs the AD like a low margin gas station and we should do better.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
BD ...love BS , but you do realize he had well overtwice as many carries as DH did, but only 400 more yds. I also don't think he won the rushing title. Didn't he finish like second or third? I know DH plays behind a much better online and BS takes much more punishment . I was surprised that Wills played as a freshman at Bama, Were you?
Yards & plays aren't the whole story. Short yardage attempts make it hard to pad your average YPC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT