ADVERTISEMENT

Eli Brown transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad. I guess he does not want to sit another year behind Jones and sees the younger talent he will have to compete with.

He played quite a bit last year so I can't imagine PT was an issue. Always seemed a bit thin but still seemed like he was going to be playing a lot this year. Confusing

Reactions: EastLansingCat
Ugh. Way, way too many 4 star recruits bombing out and/or transferring. It's going to be hard getting excited about all of these recruits with a poor track record of success. I was really counting on to replace Jones. I thought we were much better when Jones was out.

Ugh. Way, way too many 4 star recruits bombing out and/or transferring. It's going to be hard getting excited about all of these recruits with a poor track record of success. I was really counting on to replace Jones. I thought we were much better when Jones was out.

Jones got hurt. Eli replaced. Jones got better, Eli back to second string. How did you conceive of him replacing Jones?

Jordan
Jamin
DeAndre
Ashton

Depth is fine.

Boogie backed up Eli when Jones was out. The staff has a lot of bodies to move around. Davis was evidently looking good as the season progressed. Not knowing Eli’s reasoning, competition appears good.

Stoops or Marrow mentioned Oats as an ILBer, I believe, during their presser. Said he could play the Mike, too, if he fills out.

Not the end of the world but having him would’ve been nice. I just want a reason why to transfer? Did staff tell him he’s going to be passed on the depth chart?

Total surprise. And that really hurts. Experienced redshirt junior that played his position with discipline and was getting better and better.

Dave
Aren't you listening? We've got them waiting in line that are better. Let's see where he ends up.

Ones a senior, ones a junior ...not that hard to figure out.

Yeah, this move is not a surprise to me. I would prefer that he stay, but understand that he probably does not want spot minutes and then fight for the starters job next season. Hopefully, he can graduate before transferring. Interesting that a WKU reporter tweeted this first

Replacing Jones after Jones leaves is not a given.

Yeah, this move is not a surprise to me. I would prefer that he stay, but understand that he probably does not want spot minutes and then fight for the starters job next season. Hopefully, he can graduate before transferring. Interesting that a WKU reporter tweeted this first

Replacing Jones after Jones leaves is not a given.

Of course he could want to transfer to WKU, but I don't read too much into a WKU reporter hearing it first considering Brown is from Bowling Green.

Reactions: thepip
Yeah, this move is not a surprise to me. I would prefer that he stay, but understand that he probably does not want spot minutes and then fight for the starters job next season. Hopefully, he can graduate before transferring. Interesting that a WKU reporter tweeted this first.

Geraldo Rivera board of directors is surprised :joy: so let’s lay this out CC, Jones out for a month (with a bruised shoulder) while Brown starts for that same period then Jones returns takes the role back has a ridiculous rest of the season on the field and walks off the the field to the locker room fights with coaches but yet he’s good 95% of the time :beer:
#youngstown cardinal :cheers2:

He was better than Jones this year. Jones kills us when he's on the field. He's always out of position on run downs and just runs around like a madman with no purpose on passing downs. I know Jones is like Stoops pet project because he went to the same HS and is trying to keep his emotions in check so he is not too hard on him but I can see why Eli probably got frustrated. He thinks he is better and I agree.

Of course he could want to transfer to WKU, but I don't read too much into a WKU reporter hearing it first considering Brown is from Bowling Green.

It was a student reporter. I assumed it was a friend from high school, but I would not be surprised to see him transfer to WKU. Again, he best graduate first and I assume he will.

Geraldo Rivera board of directors is surprised :joy: so let’s lay this out CC, Jones out for a month (with a bruised shoulder) while Brown starts for that same period then Jones returns takes the role back has a ridiculous rest of the season on the field and walks off the the field to the locker room fights with coaches but yet he’s good 95% of the time :beer:
#youngstown cardinal :cheers2:

You get triggered easily, Beer Tax.

He was better than Jones this year. Jones kills us when he's on the field. He's always out of position on run downs and just runs around like a madman with no purpose on passing downs. I know Jones is like Stoops pet project because he went to the same HS and is trying to keep his emotions in check so he is not too hard on him but I can see why Eli probably got frustrated. He thinks he is better and I agree.

Actually I never saw great LBer play at any time this past year so it’s doesnt matter to me. But no one has been great so Brown leaving won’t make us or break us.

Last edited:
This is a big loss imo. I thought Brown showed he could be very effective against the run and will continue to get better. I know this kind of attrition occurs everywhere but we have lost several talented transfers lately and it stings. There has to be some phase on the personnel side of things where we catch a break to gain some advantage in closing the gap on the top half of our schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT