ADVERTISEMENT

EJ Montgomery

• Thread starter anon_9qtxg60vqzy0y
  • Start date
Had some moments, didn't look 100% comfortable. I'm eager to see how the next 3 games play out.

AD wasn't comfortable early in the season, but he took over.

This 4 games is going to be awesome for these guys. 4 extra games for Cal is really another 2 tourney wins.

I literally said he didn't look comfortable. There's nothing mean or hateful or even negative in that observation.
And I said it’s his first college game ever which would indicate the reason he wasn’t comfortable. And on national television to boot.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
He had GREAT timing on jumps on defense tonight. Not to take anything from Richards but Montgomery looks pretty good on defense.

I also like his shooting touch.

Better than Gabriel as a JR. WG was always a step behind didn't seem to have the IQ. Montgomery will be a major contributor before March rolls around.

And I said it’s his first college game ever which would indicate the reason he wasn’t comfortable. And on national television to boot.

Right.

I'm not sayiing he sucks or he's a bad kid or anything. Just making an observation. You don't have to defend him. I'm sure he'll get there.

How do you know his shot is better then knox? Its your stupid opinion, you are always wrong lol
Dear lord you’re dumb. He stated it was his opinion. He didn’t state he “knew” EJ’s shot was better. Try learning to read with comprehension.

Reactions: jace2012
Right.

I'm not sayiing he sucks or he's a bad kid or anything. Just making an observation. You don't have to defend him. I'm sure he'll get there.
I wasn’t defending him as much as I was commmeting on your dumb take about an 18 year old freshman playing in his first college game ever (albeit a scrimmage) on national tv.

He had GREAT timing on jumps on defense tonight. Not to take anything from Richards but Montgomery looks pretty good on defense.

I also like his shooting touch.
He committed way early on two plays where he should have stayed down. The commentators were goofing off most of the game but even they caught his poor defense from jumping early. One play was a foul, other may have been too.

He committed way early on two plays where he should have stayed down. The commentators were goofing off most of the game but even they caught his poor defense from jumping early. One play was a foul, other may have been too.

He did, but that doesn't negate the multiple plays he had where he forced bad shots. His timing is MUCH better than Richards.

I wasn’t defending him as much as I was commmeting on your dumb take about an 18 year old freshman playing in his first college game ever (albeit a scrimmage) on national tv.

I said he looked uncomfortable. He did look uncomfortable. You're acting like it's a negative. I could have said he was tall, and you'd be like, well he plays basketball, lol duh, newb.

Sorry for commenting. I thought in saying I was eager to see how he'd do the rest of the week said I had a positive outlook. As always, the only thing you can say is OMG THIS TEAM IS PERFECT 40-0 BBN WTF BBQ.

What's so dumb about saying a kid looked uncomfortable? Really?

Did you have a bad day today?
There’s nothing wrong about saying a kid looked uncomfortable except it was his first college game ever. As another poster stated, Anthony Davis looked uncomfortable too.

I said he looked uncomfortable. He did look uncomfortable. You're acting like it's a negative. I could have said he was tall, and you'd be like, well he plays basketball, lol duh, newb.

Sorry for commenting. I thought in saying I was eager to see how he'd do the rest of the week said I had a positive outlook. As always, the only thing you can say is OMG THIS TEAM IS PERFECT 40-0 BBN WTF BBQ.
Ok I’ll play your game, what’s your observation on why he looked uncomfortable?

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard Cal say in pre-game show that EJ was the best big man on the team right now.
In my opinion he has the biggest upside of anybody on the team. The kid is a natural. Has the ability to be a 5 tool player, who can score, rebound, pass, and get blocks and steals

He just needs to work on defending the Head Fake, it killed him most of the night. He is athletic and long enough to never have to bite on it. He’ll get better.

Anthony Davis may have been the very best Freshmen I’ve ever seen at not taking a Head Fake.

There’s nothing wrong about saying a kid looked uncomfortable except it was his first college game ever. As another poster stated, Anthony Davis looked uncomfortable too.

Ok, we understand it was his first game ever. Its just fine he was uncomfortable, we all get that its his first college action. But it doesn't make it dumb for someone to say it. I noticed it too. Other 1st year guys didn't look as uncomfortable.

But anyway, I'm stoked for this team!

Reactions: YaySports
Ok I’ll play your game, what’s your observation on why he looked uncomfortable?

He was hesitant several times when catching the ball. He bit on several head fakes. I think he'll be a star. Maybe best big man on the team, highest draft pick on the team. But he looked uncomfortable tonight. Probably because it was his first time playing, it was on tv, in front of scouts. I just don't understand why saying he looked uncomfortable is "dumb."

I thought he looked really good. Was the pleasant surprise of the night for me. I wasn't expecting much from him until the latter part of the year. But he will play quite a bit right away. Let the game come to him and looked like our best interior defender already.

The great thing is about these games, they are like the exhibition games, where players can do all those,OMG i am in a UK jersey on national tv and freeze liek deer in headlights....

Ok, we understand it was his first game ever. Its just fine he was uncomfortable, we all get that its his first college action. But it doesn't make it dumb for someone to say it. I noticed it too. Other 1st year guys didn't look as uncomfortable.

But anyway, I'm stoked for this team!
Reid Travis looked uncomfortable. Dakich even commented on it.

Reactions: kyboss360
How awesome is it that you tell someone to read with comprehension when Cane didn’t say it was his opinion anywhere in his post. You’re the one who needs better reading comprehension.

EJ will probably be really good. But he isn’t on Knox’ level as a shooter.
How awesome is it that you tell someone to read with comprehension when Cane didn’t say it was his opinion anywhere in his post. You’re the one who needs better reading comprehension.

Listein bro the chump acts like his opinion is fact, choke on that son!

so what does “IMO” mean in Cane’s post, smart guy?

Reactions: MbergCat
ADVERTISEMENT