ADVERTISEMENT

EJ Montgomery

• Thread starter anon_9qtxg60vqzy0y
  • Start date
[laughing] at cane thinking Montgomery is a better shooter than Knox. Bless his heart.

And I said it’s his first college game ever which would indicate the reason he wasn’t comfortable. And on national television to boot.

But the "c'mon man" part is unnecessary. He made an observation that he looked uncomfortable, which he did, and it's definitely because it's his first game. He wasn't saying the kid sucked. Just came off a little defensive.

Real talk though there's so many weapons on this team, guys like EJ or KJ or even a transfer like Reid can have those off nights because someone like Herro or PJ or Richards is going to be killing it, or vice versa. There's so many threats, guys are going to be allowed to having growing pains without being a liability. This season's going to be fun.

Reactions: jrollins24
There’s nothing wrong about saying a kid looked uncomfortable except it was his first college game ever. As another poster stated, Anthony Davis looked uncomfortable too.

doesn't matter if it's his first game. good lord. there's nothing wrong with what he said. not one single thing. lord have mercy there are some creepy touchy people around here.

Reactions: MbergCat
But the "c'mon man" part is unnecessary. He made an observation that he looked uncomfortable, which he did, and it's definitely because it's his first game. He wasn't saying the kid sucked. Just came off a little defensive.

Real talk though there's so many weapons on this team, guys like EJ or KJ or even a transfer like Reid can have those off nights because someone like Herro or PJ or Richards is going to be killing it, or vice versa. There's so many threats, guys are going to be allowed to having growing pains without being a liability. This season's going to be fun.
He said EJ didn’t look 100% comfortable. Uh, no kidding? None of them looked 100% comfortable.

Reactions: Col. Angus
He said EJ didn’t look 100% comfortable. Uh, no kidding? None of them looked 100% comfortable.

Right. You're literally agreeing with me. So why argue or call it dumb?

I said he didn't look comfortable, and that obviously gets better with time. I didn't think Reid Travis looked comfortable either.

I think the upside is there. I thought he looked indecisive at times. But that's not a criticism. Nothing to fight over brother.

Reactions: YaySports
How awesome is it that you tell someone to read with comprehension when Cane didn’t say it was his opinion anywhere in his post. You’re the one who needs better reading comprehension.

EJ will probably be really good. But he isn’t on Knox’ level as a shooter.
How do you know he's not gonna be on Knox's level shooting the ball? He's played one game. And why do insist on fueling drama on here?

Exactly, he didn't look comfortable, which is what @Cats192 said. Then you pointed out it's his first game like that wasn't already known. Again, he didn't say "EJ looks uncomfortable, he's a bust." He said he had moments but looked uncomfortable. True statement. You followed that up with "c'mon man" like he shouldn't point that statement out. Just agree that he looked uncomfortable but he's going to get better, just like everyone else, and move on. No harm no foul.

Reactions: Cats192
How do you know he's not gonna be on Knox's level shooting the ball? He's played one game. And why do insist on fueling drama on here?
Because he’s a frigging post player. That’s like saying Randle’s gonna be a better shooter than Darius Miller was. If EJ ends up a better shooter than Knox then I’ll cancel my membership and leave the board.

My intent wasn’t to fuel. Just get tired of everyone looking for things to find so they belittle someone.

I will stay on topic and avoid the grade school arguing.

On one occasion i was very impressed, he caught the ball, went straight up for a nice little 8 footer off the glass. Did not hesitate for a second. Looked very confident and shot it as soon as he caught it. He looked a little "awkward', but it will slow down for him, i was impressed with his game, pretty big stage for him and he handled it well.

Because he’s a frigging post player. That’s like saying Randle’s gonna be a better shooter than Darius Miller was. If EJ ends up a better shooter than Knox then I’ll cancel my membership and leave the board.

My intent wasn’t to fuel. Just get tired of everyone looking for things to find so they belittle someone.

I think position is not the proper lens to view who can be the best shooter. Bol Bol shoots the 3 better than many or even most incoming freshman guards. Dirk Nowitski has been a superior shooter than many NBA guards.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Montgomery is a better shooter than Knox (I'm agnostic, I don't have enough of a sample to have any real feeling about it) but I think your reasoning for why is weak.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT