ADVERTISEMENT

EJ Montgomery- Guarenteed Contract

Aug 23, 2016
Hello, Cats fans.

I know a lot of you all will call B.S but I’m going to share with you something that I heard today regarding Montgomery from small amount of pro contacts I have through mostly the 76ers and agent rumors.

Philly isn’t the team, but there is common knowledge that EJ Montgomery has a promise of a guaranteed contract from a team if he goes undrafted. This is being floated around the NBA agent circles.

I know that agents do this from time to time to raise interest and hyped for their clients to put pressure on other teams to draft of make a better promise.

I’ve been told, two years and G-League would be the route.

I have no idea why he couldn’t come back to school?

Maybe you Kentucky fans can enlighten me on that part.

Question all you want, but I believe this and warned to share with the ones who respect my posts.

Bash away, and hope everyone had a great Memorial Day.

-Coach

Hello, Cats fans.

I know a lot of you all will call B.S but I’m going to share with you something that I heard today regarding Montgomery from small amount of pro contacts I have through mostly the 76ers and agent rumors.

Philly isn’t the team, but there is common knowledge that EJ Montgomery has a promise of a guaranteed contract from a team if he goes undrafted. This is being floated around the NBA agent circles.

I know that agents do this from time to time to raise interest and hyped for their clients to put pressure on other teams to draft of make a better promise.

Question all you want, but I believe this and warned to share with the ones who respect my posts.

-Coach
Doesn't mean he has agreed to this outcome though, right? Just sounds like an option he still has to weigh before making his final decision. That said, at this point I'm just assuming he's gone.

Reactions: FFWhite
Undefeated yet a guaranteed contract. Some GM will either be the biggest genius or dumbest fool on the planet.

It’s like going for it on 4th Down. If it works? Brilliant! Courageous Soul of a warrior.

If it fails? Dumb! Failure! Lack of heart for not converting it.

So. We will see.

This sounds about the same as the Vanderbilt deal. Sign for 2 years at the league minimum (about $2.2M total). If he develops, he gets paid to grow into a NBA player. If he doesn’t, he goes overseas which would’ve been his destination anyway.

I just get the feeling EJ is gone no matter what.I think Blackshear is also staying in the draft.Seems like Maker would be the best option for a reclass and I hope Cal can make it happen.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
I just get the feeling EJ is gone no matter what.I think Blackshear is also staying in the draft.Seems like Maker would be the best option for a reclass and I hope Cal can make it happen.
Omuriyi and Todd could be convinced! And some are holding out hope that Dante would come here!

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Hello, Cats fans.

-Coach
Wonderful.

Hello, Cats fans.

-Coach
What team is guaranteeing this?

This sounds about the same as the Vanderbilt deal. Sign for 2 years at the league minimum (about $2.2M total). If he develops, he gets paid to grow into a NBA player. If he doesn’t, he goes overseas which would’ve been his destination anyway.

Yeah but that franchise actually drafted Vanderbilt and felt he was worthy of a draft pick.

EJ Montgomery has been guaranteed shit. That's what EJ's been guaranteed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT