ADVERTISEMENT

EJ Montgomery- Guarenteed Contract

If he bolts without getting drafted it’s the stupidest thing ever! Guess he wants to take the hardest route! He’ll come down to earth!

Reactions: kev69
Be way more impressed if poster can name the team and it actually goes down that way.

Would basically provide proof of obtaining uncommon information. Essentially a 3% chance of being right even if a total horseshit blind guess.

Do it. Name the team.

Honestly, I would think any kid ranked as highly as EJ was and is as young as he is would have an opportunity in the G league. I don't see that as some amazing outcome for a kid with his measurements. I really hoped he would only stay in the draft if he was guaranteed to be drafted not just to go to the G league like most of them can. But at this point, it just seems like he wants out of here at any cost. With how he would be leaned on this upcoming year it seems like a foolish move but I guess he always saw himself as an OAD regardless so he is going to make it so. Not by hard work and coming back like PJ and paying your dues, but by going to the garbage league that even Willis called a horrible experience. I guess an agent will get a cut of his $90-100K or whatever they are paying G leaguers now. I miss the WCSs of BB, but it seems he was a unicorn.

Also what the hell is Nick waiting on? The longer he waits the more I think he might not come back. We are down to a few days left and haven't heard a word about him. Can you imagine losing Nick and EJ after how they played this last year with the opportunity that sits in front of them now? I don't care who the leaders are for anyone, go get Dante and Maker right now! Hell, if we end up playing small ball we should have taken one more stab at RJ since we could likely be starting 3 guards. But I guess he is gone now.

Why throw in “I have no idea why he couldn’t come back to school? Maybe you Kentucky fans could enlighten me on that.” unless you’re a pos lying troll.

Also what the hell is Nick waiting on? The longer he waits the more I think he might not come back. We are down to a few days left and haven't heard a word about him. Can you imagine losing Nick and EJ after how they played this last year with the opportunity that sits in front of them now? I don't care who the leaders are for anyone, go get Dante and Maker right now! Hell, if we end up playing small ball we should have taken one more stab at RJ since we could likely be starting 3 guards. But I guess he is gone now.
We have nothing to worry about in regards to Nick the kids always wait til the day of to announce they are coming back.

Reactions: westerncat
the funny thing about coaches post is it is common sense . OF coarse a guy who was the 6th best recruit a year ago will get a contract in the g league when he is not drafted ( which he wont be ) . DUH. That just means he should come back but he probably won't . Cal has a plan though. Sestina and Brooks at PF and Richards and whoever Cal brings in at C is what it will be IMO . EJ will go down as the biggest mistake since Orton.

Not saying I believe Coach... at all... However:

A big part of this growing insanity was allowing the scum-sucking agents to start putting their poison into these kids' ears ASAP. The agent cares about one thing: his bottomline. As often as agents are hired/fired, they're about getting paid what they can, when they can, as soon as they can. I promise you EJ Montgomery's long-term growth and career isn't part of their calculus.

I found this thing on a website I've never heard of. The dude talks about what he knows about EJ, Nick, and Kerry in regards to the NBA draft. I honestly can't tell if the guy is giving his opinion on what each player will do or relaying any rumors he's heard.

He says that EJ will be back, and he's "confident" that Kerry will be take his name out of the draft and commit to Kentucky at the same time tomorrow afternoon. He also adds that he thinks Nick will stay in the draft with an announcement "later this evening or early in the morning."

Again, I have no idea if this guy is legit. He could be making all this stuff up, but we'll know if it's a lie or the truth when tomorrow morning rolls around. If Nick makes an announcement by then, this article is worth following. If not, then the guy was probably just giving his opinions on what he thinks will happen.

https://soft7sports.com/2019/05/27/ej-nick-blackshear-update/

Don’t think EJ getting a 2-way contract if undrafted would be any kind of news flash.

Well he’s not getting drafted, so this would be the only plausible scenario for him to stay in the draft.

I think a team will offer ej an undrafted free agent deal even better than Vanderbilt's deal in Denver as a second rounder. This is what this system has become. He ll probably take the guaranteed undrafted deal

Undefeated yet a guaranteed contract. Some GM will either be the biggest genius or dumbest fool on the planet.

It’s like going for it on 4th Down. If it works? Brilliant! Courageous Soul of a warrior.

If it fails? Dumb! Failure! Lack of heart for not converting it.

So. We will see.
Sounds more like 4th and 25...

Reactions: kev69
Hard to trust your sources when you know ahead of time that second round draft picks don't get guaranteed contracts but a non drafted player will? Common sense would tell you that said team would just draft him in the second round if they truly wanted him and since they don't think anyone else does.

This sounds like a rumor a agent would put out there.

Reactions: U6Hater
Is this the first recorded silent verbal from an NBA team on the forum?

I know Cal looks out for the players and it's a players first school (I'm not against or for 1 and done) but how can Cal sell these kids on getting to the NBA and then sit back and watch some of these kids fall on their own sword sort of speak. At some point you gotta say (and maybe he does) look I'll help you get there but if I say you arent ready you gotta trust me. We have had some really good players that another year could have changed their life style forever. Cal is more patient then some owners and it takes more than an extra year in college or the G league. I dont think I have ever gone on record saying a player is making a mistake but this one with EJ seems like a bad play. Hope it works out for him either way.

Reactions: bluejohnson
I found this thing on a website I've never heard of. The dude talks about what he knows about EJ, Nick, and Kerry in regards to the NBA draft. I honestly can't tell if the guy is giving his opinion on what each player will do or relaying any rumors he's heard.

He says that EJ will be back, and he's "confident" that Kerry will be take his name out of the draft and commit to Kentucky at the same time tomorrow afternoon. He also adds that he thinks Nick will stay in the draft with an announcement "later this evening or early in the morning."

Again, I have no idea if this guy is legit. He could be making all this stuff up, but we'll know if it's a lie or the truth when tomorrow morning rolls around. If Nick makes an announcement by then, this article is worth following. If not, then the guy was probably just giving his opinions on what he thinks will happen.

I would gladly take that, but I have never heard of Soft 7 sports LOL. Hope is a good thing though so lets hope.

Reactions: ThunderMash

He very clearly states those are just his opinions.

Nick was barely ready for college. He would be eaten alive in the NBA

Reactions: TFCats11
Or he watched the examples who came back and hurt their stock. There are a lot of those as well. Neither route is the wrong one if you get a contract out of it. Could say Hami should have came back and raised his stock but he left as it worked out for him.

You would think the guy who sat and watched PJ Washington make himself millions of dollars by developing in college wouldn’t make a dumb decision like that but here we are..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT