ADVERTISEMENT

Edwards

I think he finally turned the corner! The guy literally looked exactly the way we all thought he would all season, against Alabama!

If that version of Edwards continues to show up, and Cal commits fully to the 5 Headed Monster lineup, I’m not sure anyone can hang with that group on a neutral court!

Too bad I know Cal will find a way to screw this season up… AGAIN📢

Reactions: westerncat
I hope he follows up on how he played Sat. but I am not going to get excited until he does it again.

No doubt he'll be on Miss. St's radar tonight, so wouldn't be surprised if they try to shut him down. Good news is, that may leave Reeves open, or Shep, or Dilly....

Go Cats!

Reactions: ganner918
One of four things happens:

1) He reverts to hesitation and lower aggressiveness and very little contribution, due mainly to MSU's vastly better than Bama defense and their focusing on him after his outburst.
2) He is overly confident and tries to force things, resulting in errors, turnovers, fouls, missed shots and very little contribution.
3) He shows us signs of what we just saw, but somewhat dampened because MSU's defense is leagues better than Bama, and they will be focusing on him more than had he not just had that kind of game. In this scenario, he scores something like 12-14 pts and has 4-5 rebounds, which I'd take all day long.
4) He blows up again with 20+ points and looks like Bama all over again.

I'd say the most likely outcome will be #1 or #3, 50/50.

As long as he stays active and plays with aggression is all anyone can ask. Certainly don’t expect him to make every single shot but he can finish strong at the rim, be active on defense, fight for rebounds on both ends and let the rest of the game come to him. More interested to see how cal utilizes the roster tonight. Every now and then I get pleasantly surprised (as in Bama game) but typically he pisses me off so that is what I have come to expect.

Just get 80-85% of Bama game. Looks like he's playing with an air of confidence now that he wasn't showing for whatever reason.
He's playing with better confidence for sure. I think part of that is his mental approach (he talked about the help from the mental health coach Reed recommended) but I also think he's putting in a lot more work shooting (Cal mentioned) and in conditioning. He looks in a lot better shape now than earlier in the year.

One of four things happens:

1) He reverts to hesitation and lower aggressiveness and very little contribution, due mainly to MSU's vastly better than Bama defense and their focusing on him after his outburst.
2) He is overly confident and tries to force things, resulting in errors, turnovers, fouls, missed shots and very little contribution.
3) He shows us signs of what we just saw, but somewhat dampened because MSU's defense is leagues better than Bama, and they will be focusing on him more than had he not just had that kind of game. In this scenario, he scores something like 12-14 pts and has 4-5 rebounds, which I'd take all day long.
4) He blows up again with 20+ points and looks like Bama all over again.

I'd say the most likely outcome will be #1 or #3, 50/50.
Meanwhile, we're either going to lose by a lot, lose by a little, win by a little, or win by a lot

I was most excited by his aggression, even more so than the perfect shooting which obviously comes and goes. If he keeps that aggression up, good things will happen more often than not. He has definitely shut me up as a hater in recent games

Really pumped to see how he follows up that monster game tonight.
The points and shooting percentage won’t be duplicated but just his activity on D, rebounds, and attacking on O.

LFG cats!!!!!
That’s what I hope the message the staff beat into him after the game was. “Points and hot shooting isn’t always going to be there….but look at all the effort, intensity, and little things you did right and how that transferred to both ends of the floor compared to the first half of the year”

Well of course Edwards won't go 10-10 again. It's unlikely he even goes for 20+ tonight. But if he can make 1/2 his shots, >1/3 of his 3's, scoring in double-digits, not miss most of his ones around the rim, and play solid defense, then that's a step forward.

I said months ago, for us to be a special team, we would need Edwards to be "a dude". Thus far he's only done that once this season. There's only 2-3 games where he was that for just part of a game.

I've already spoken to the genie.

One of my three wishes was that Edwards would go on a Glen Rice Michigan-level tear the rest of the season.

So far, so good!

jeannie-i-dream-of-jeannie.gif

Reactions: Fox2monk
I dont care so much how he shoots, I want that Philly attitude fighting for those 50/50 balls and rebounds, protecting the ball, playing hard nose defense, getting his nose dirty. Play Philly ball

Go Cats!!!

Disappointed in Edwards. Did not turn the corner

One step forward and two back

Just be consistent game to game with an occasional big game

I’d be happy with a solid 10 & 5

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT