ADVERTISEMENT

Edgecombe Top 3…

Now if Cal is flying out Sunday for this kids game then I think we have a chance.
I agree with most on here, Duke vs UK for Top 5 guys we miss out on most of them. Good luck to him wherever he goes, UK isn’t for everyone. 😝

Why stop the truth. Kentucky gets good players but head-head versus Duke, Duke wins out most of the time, so it’s not nonsense
That's because Duke ducks and runs when going head to head with us where UK doesn't step back when challenging Duke

You really think Duke wouldn't sacrifice their left testicle for Reed Sheppard? Wagner? Come on my man.

That's because Duke ducks and runs when going head to head with us where UK doesn't step back when challenging Duke

You really think Duke wouldn't sacrifice their left testicle for Reed Sheppard? Wagner? Come on my man.
Duke definitely doesn't duck and run when it comes to recruiting High School 5 stars. Duke however, does cast a smaller net, usually because they land anyone they recruit. Whereas Kentucky and Kansas cast a much larger net which means more misses.
But make no mistake about it, Duke has landed guys who they were not involved with at all and other schools like Kentucky were very involved with already. Zion being one, Banchero another.

Reactions: YardCat
Congrats to Duke. If what "insiders" are saying and he chooses Baylor they can thank the play of players like Ja'Kobe Walter and Keyonte George for that.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Duke definitely doesn't duck and run when it comes to recruiting High School 5 stars. Duke however, does cast a smaller net, usually because they land anyone they recruit. Whereas Kentucky and Kansas cast a much larger net which means more misses.
But make no mistake about it, Duke has landed guys who they were not involved with at all and other schools like Kentucky were very involved with already. Zion being one, Banchero another.

There's no doubt they've beat us for recruits. Not arguing that. Zion's impact was huge and that was a big one to lose. However, in terms of ranked propsects, Calipari has out-recruited Duke consistently for 13 years.

Per 247:

2023 -> Kentucky
2022- > Duke
2021 -> 1) Memphis 2) Kentucky
2020 -> Kentucky
2019 -> 1) Memphis 2) Kentucky
2018 -> Duke (Zion)
2017 -> 1) Duke 2) Kentucky
2016 -> 1) Duke 2) Kentucky
2015 -> 1) Kentucky
2014 -> 1) Duke 2) Kentucky
2013 -> 1) Kentucky
2012 -> Kentucky
2011 -> Kentucky
2010 -> Kentucky

In Calipari's 13 seasons at Kentucky, he he has had a better class than Duke in 8 of those seasons.

2024 will probably go to Duke though.

Reactions: Wonky and Seakat311
Come to UK and become a supermax contract guy and perennial all-star in 5 years, or go to dook or Baylor and toil in obscurity. Hmmm such a difficult choice…
This is what I don't understand , HC kids need to look at how well the kids that played for UK are doing so well in the NBA in the last few years versus how Duke player are doing. Big difference especially guards.

Reactions: susan2361
There's no doubt they've beat us for recruits. Not arguing that. Zion's impact was huge and that was a big one to lose. However, in terms of ranked propsects, Calipari has out-recruited Duke consistently for 13 years.

Per 247:

2023 -> Kentucky
2022- > Duke
2021 -> 1) Memphis 2) Kentucky
2020 -> Kentucky
2019 -> 1) Memphis 2) Kentucky
2018 -> Duke (Zion)
2017 -> 1) Duke 2) Kentucky
2016 -> 1) Duke 2) Kentucky
2015 -> 1) Kentucky
2014 -> 1) Duke 2) Kentucky
2013 -> 1) Kentucky
2012 -> Kentucky
2011 -> Kentucky
2010 -> Kentucky

In Calipari's 13 seasons at Kentucky, he he has had a better class than Duke in 8 of those seasons.

2024 will probably go to Duke though.
But duke has beaten us for top 5 recruits way more consistently. I think we’ve only beaten them for BJ Boston and Julius Randle. Kevin Knox too.

Reactions: jrpross
But duke has beaten us for top 5 recruits way more consistently. I think we’ve only beaten them for BJ Boston and Julius Randle. Kevin Knox too.
I mean, if you want to go back to 2010, it's a pretty long list.

But again, objectively, Kentucky has had better classes even since 2020.

Reactions: thedahc

If you want to put your own spin on it man than go for it. Duke doesn’t go for those guys because they don’t have to, they get whoever they want, whenever they want(usually)

If you want to put your own spin on it man than go for it. Duke doesn’t go for those guys because they don’t have to, they get whoever they want, whenever they want(usually)

Eh Dookie, you can call facts spin, but I'll post it for the last time to the Duke fans on board, if Duke is out recruiting Kentucky, why does Kentucky regularly end up with better classes? Apologies if it doesn't fit your narrative.

I'll hang up and listen.

Reactions: JCBLUECATNC
Congrats to Duke. If what "insiders" are saying and he chooses Baylor they can thank the play of players like Ja'Kobe Walter and Keyonte George for that.
Choosing Baylor because of those guys instead of Kentucky with SGA, Maxey, Keldon, Fox, Booker, Murray, Herro is like someone choosing James Buchanan, Franklin Pierce, and Millard Fillmore over George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, and Teddy Roosevelt.

That is to say, I don't quite understand the logic.

It's going to be Duke. The so-called insider is also said that UConn had a chance with Cooper Flagg. We all know how this thing ends.
It’s duke trolling. They leak that stuff on purpose. Edgecombe is considering Baylor seriously and Flagg Uconn. UK was in 3rd place the whole time for Edgecombe

Reactions: jrpross
I was thinking he was rated like #2 and supposed to be a sure thing lol. I will say, he did look good on film vs Edwards who I’ve always thought looked very overrated even on HS tape.
I will never forget the Midnight Madness interview with him...he said he wanted to be the "greatest to ever play the game" or something to that affect..I think he will go down as my most disliked Wildcat player ever.

Reactions: susan2361
Eh Dookie, you can call facts spin, but I'll post it for the last time to the Duke fans on board, if Duke is out recruiting Kentucky, why does Kentucky regularly end up with better classes? Apologies if it doesn't fit your narrative.

I'll hang up and listen.
Yeah because I’m definitely a Duke fan for sure. You have changed the argument from what it originally was. Duke beats Kentucky head-head for these players which is the main point, you went off a random side point about players Duke didn’t even recruit and then are talking about class rankings which also isn’t the point. Duke wins the head- head recruiting battles vs Kentucky. I hate duke a lot but it’s the truth

If Edgecombe doesn’t choose the Cats we need to somehow convince Johnson and Peterson to reclassify and commit.

I'll hang up and listen.
The last few years Kentucky has had better classes because Duke has been returning 5-stars. This years Duke team for example: starts 3 sophomores, all of which were 5-star freshman who could have been drafted late but came back.

Also, if you look at the numbers, when Kentucky has a better class, it's because of the quantity of guys they bring in, because there are more available spots on the roster due to mass exoduses. No doubt though, Cal killed it with the '23 class, maybe 1 or 2 guys will stay, we will see.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
FWIW, Sports Nation says we are 3rd and Duke is leading. But as I said before, we really need at least one, if not two, portal guys that are proven scorers on the college level for us to make a serious run at the title next season. To me that is priority 1 with finishing out our roster for next season. Get another good high school guy but make sure to get us some experienced veterans to mix in with the youth.

Yeah because I’m definitely a Duke fan for sure. You have changed the argument from what it originally was. Duke beats Kentucky head-head for these players which is the main point, you went off a random side point about players Duke didn’t even recruit and then are talking about class rankings which also isn’t the point. Duke wins the head- head recruiting battles vs Kentucky. I hate duke a lot but it’s the truth

Don't stunt with me young blood. What I said is that Duke backs off Kentucky recruits where Kentucky does not backoff Duke recruits. And that's 100% true. You think Duke wouldn't take half our class this season? Of course they would.

Don't stunt with me young blood. What I said is that Duke backs off Kentucky recruits where Kentucky does not backoff Duke recruits. And that's 100% true. You think Duke wouldn't take half our class this season? Of course they would.
Duke doesn’t have to get Reed Sheppard or Wagner because they return guys on top of getting 5 stars. And with the main argument they still beat out Kentucky head-head for guys both schools are after

FWIW, Sports Nation says we are 3rd and Duke is leading. But as I said before, we really need at least one, if not two, portal guys that are proven scorers on the college level for us to make a serious run at the title next season. To me that is priority 1 with finishing out our roster for next season. Get another good high school guy but make sure to get us some experienced veterans to mix in with the youth.
Give me Peterson, he is as good a scorer in high school right as you can get

There will be plenty of portal options for UK.

This is Scheyer's third recruiting class. Has Cal/UK beat him for any recruit when UK and Duke are the finalists?

IMO Boston was the worst 5* ever recruited and played at UK.
Boston isn't in the top 50 of worst 5* of all time. That's a stupid statement.

He averaged 12 and 5. He wasn't great but not even close to one of the worst 5 stars ever.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT