ADVERTISEMENT

east palestine chemical explosion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess we have different expectations of competency for our public officials (crazy, I know) and what they should be focusing on.
No, I suspect we have similar expectations of competency. Where we differ is in what that involves.

Couple things:

- looks bad on the part of Buttigieg to not get out in front of this more. He didn't cause this, but you've gotta be more prepared when releasing statements and taking action. It can't look like you're ignoring the situation if transportation is your job.
- while bad, the Benny Johnson (who?) tweet about Ohio NEVER recovering from this is asinine. One look at his twitter shows an agenda-driven person who's using apocalyptic verbiage because the other side is in charge in DC. If this happened during the Trump Administration, Johnson's tweet would be something more like "This is terrible, but Ohio will never give up and will come out of this even better than before!" But...in 2023 Benny doesn't think the state of Ohio will ever recover. Close up shop then and send Burrow to my Colts if that's the case.

Reactions: chroix
There are overlapping issues -- transportation, environment, and health -- and jurisdictions. Someone in one office doesn't suddenly become the one with authority over the entire range of issues.

That's because we have state ran propaganda outlets posing as "news" anymore.

It's never not been that way. The Business Class has always used propaganda delivered through its media to divide and conquer We the 99%. And it works like a charm: by making us think that we have a voice about politics, race, relgion, nationalism, whatever, and bombarding us with endless flashy distractions like sports, television and movies, drugs and alcohol, and so on, it gives us a false sense of empowerment while simultaneously keeping us uninformed and complacent.

The 1% are our main impediment to progress. Not each other.

nnnn.jpg

Last edited:
2 more train derailments. Doesn't sound like either is serious but with the food distributions getting burned the last 2 years and 3 train derailments in 2 weeks... does it seem like maybe a terrorist attack? Jesus I can't remember this much stuff like this happening in a 10 year period let alone 2 years.

Couple things:

- looks bad on the part of Buttigieg to not get out in front of this more. He didn't cause this, but you've gotta be more prepared when releasing statements and taking action. It can't look like you're ignoring the situation if transportation is your job.
- while bad, the Benny Johnson (who?) tweet about Ohio NEVER recovering from this is asinine. One look at his twitter shows an agenda-driven person who's using apocalyptic verbiage because the other side is in charge in DC. If this happened during the Trump Administration, Johnson's tweet would be something more like "This is terrible, but Ohio will never give up and will come out of this even better than before!" But...in 2023 Benny doesn't think the state of Ohio will ever recover. Close up shop then and send Burrow to my Colts if that's the case.
The real problem with Buttigieg is that he hasn't acted on any of the issues that have occurred the last 2 years. when all the container ships were backing up he decided to take 2 weeks off to chest feed. When the rail workers were talking about striking he ran and hid and diverted all questions. He's an empty suit. Almost anyone in America could have done a better job.

2 more train derailments. Doesn't sound like either is serious but with the food distributions getting burned the last 2 years and 3 train derailments in 2 weeks... does it seem like maybe a terrorist attack? Jesus I can't remember this much stuff like this happening in a 10 year period let alone 2 years.

Nope, just the result of cutbacks, deregulation, and shortcuts whenever possible just to save a buck... you know, just typical capitalist greed.

Not sure why anyone would worry about this, the government tested the air and said everything was fine per Dreadlox.

Is sarcasm proof of something?

There are background levels of PVCs in the atmosphere. I imagine everywhere -- even Antarctica -- since it's a long lived chemical.

There's actually a good discussion to be had here. We might all become environmentalists and fight to remove these kinds of chemicals from use.

Especially if this becomes a superfund site which it almost surely imminent
Growing up in the coalfields during the 60's and 70's I've seen my share of train derailments. The vast majority of those overturned coal cars had SOUTHERN/N&W/NORFOLK SOUTHERN on the side. The big difference of course, is that with a coal train derailment, you can clean it up quickly and with minimal environmental impact.

Is sarcasm proof of something?

There are background levels of PVCs in the atmosphere. I imagine everywhere -- even Antarctica -- since it's a long lived chemical.

There's actually a good discussion to be had here. We might all become environmentalists and fight to remove these kinds of chemicals from use.
That would suit me fine. We keep pissing in our well water, then wondering why we have this awful taste in our mouth.

Especially if this becomes a superfund site which it almost surely imminent
Indeed. Superfund cleanups can last for decades.

LMAO get it guys? WTF Cat said Gayor Pete because he's a former mayor and a homosexual...Gayor Pete!

There's that creative Political Thread humor most here don't get to see often.
Why not point out he's the most inept transportation secretary in history? Dude has litter ali done nothing with any of the issues to come during his term. He leaves or refuses to answer questions. He deserves the mockery for being put into a position strictly because he's gay.

LMAO get it guys? WTF Cat said Gayor Pete because he's a former mayor and a homosexual...Gayor Pete!

There's that creative Political Thread humor most here don't get to see often.

Yes, of course, WTF cat is a dipshit homophobe that most professional people wouldn’t want to associate themselves with, and now guess what? Democrats get to say the only reason he’s getting criticized is because all republicans are bigoted homophobes! But then republicans will say hey we’re not homophobes!! Oh ya? Well about that baker that wouldn’t bake for the gay couple, where did you stand with that? Well it was their religious right why do they have to bake that cake?? Well you probably wouldn’t even bake it for black people you racist!! I’m not a racist that is so…..

Meanwhile the transportation secretary actually is god awful, no one is addressing what is actually a potential serious health risk for American citizens, and no actual important policy is being addressed or changed to protect US citizens. It’s a perfect example of what politics is - just stupid distraction nonsense. No clue how the hell people let themselves get caught in the spinning hamster wheel like pawns.

Why not point out he's the most inept transportation secretary in history? Dude has litter ali done nothing with any of the issues to come during his term. He leaves or refuses to answer questions. He deserves the mockery for being put into a position strictly because he's gay.
Yes, of course, WTF cat is a dipshit homophobe that most professional people wouldn’t want to associate themselves with, and now guess what? Democrats get to say the only reason he’s getting criticized is because all republicans are bigoted homophobes! But then republicans will say hey we’re not homophobes!! Oh ya? Well about that baker that wouldn’t bake for the gay couple, where did you stand with that? Well it was their religious right why do they have to bake that cake?? Well you probably wouldn’t even bake it for black people you racist!! I’m not a racist that is so…..

Meanwhile the transportation secretary actually is god awful, no one is addressing what is actually a potential serious health risk for American citizens, and no actual important policy is being addressed or changed to protect US citizens. It’s a perfect example of what politics is - just stupid distraction nonsense. No clue how the hell people let themselves get caught in the spinning hamster wheel like pawns.
Oh, goodie, you two again lol. Are you guys related? Whenever I don't get as angry as you two or I call out the homophobes here, there's you guys to the rescue to quote post me as if I did something incorrectly. Why did my response to WTF Cat's Gayor Pete bs warrant three paragraphs from you two? It's better served for this site if we call that shit out on a consistent basis. We can have an adult conversation with disagreements without the Gayor Pete stuff or the racist shots taken at LeBron and Bronny on Rafters, or the all trans people are mental and pedos nonsense on the Paddock weekly. That's all I was doing with my post. Maybe take the lead occasionally and call out posts like WTF Cat's instead of ignoring them most of the time. And let's be honest, Gayor Pete is not funny because it's also lame. We should be above lame, homophobic shit like that. Years ago in the political thread, someone posted that Michelle Obama looked like a gorilla. Awful shit, and it was called out and that person shamed. Now? That same post would get a few likes and some laughing emoji's from the usuals here. My guess is I'd call it out and you two would post that I need to be more angry over something else.

For hmt who can't seem to quit me: I did say this entire thing is a bad look for Pete, but it ain't all on him. The right found their scapegoat and then gay jokes on social media ensued. I'm shocked. Gay jokes, trans jokes, pedo jokes, gay lover Pelosi jokes and laughing at him beaten with a hammer? I'll stick with Lebowski and Spinal Tap if that's the right's version of humor now.

For Ron: I skimmed your post and saw something about racists and cakes being baked. Why direct that culture war nonsense at me? Don't care and has nothing to do with what happened, just like the transportation guy being gay has nothing to do with the situation.

It makes more sense for all of us to call out the homophobic shit posted here constantly, yet only a couple of us do and when that happens, I log back in to see several messages directed at me as if I need some sort of direction in my life. Now kindly leave me alone occasionally. When I call out the constant homophobic shit I see, I don't need you two waving your little patriot fingers at me as if I'm wrong to do so. Gayor Pete! LMAOLMAO so so funny...

For Ron: I skimmed your post and saw something about racists and cakes being baked. Why direct that culture war nonsense at me? Don't care and has nothing to do with what happened, just like the transportation guy being gay has nothing to do with the situation.

If you would like to discuss or disagree with my post then you will need to read my post and we can discuss

Albany NY just got some of the after affect from the weather moving our way. Everyone is talking about hoe there was a funny chemical-y smell a few days ago, in the air and in the rain we had.

Sure enough the models showed this was almost exactly when the aftermath of the spill would reach us.

Oh, goodie, you two again lol. Are you guys related? Whenever I don't get as angry as you two or I call out the homophobes here, there's you guys to the rescue to quote post me as if I did something incorrectly. Why did my response to WTF Cat's Gayor Pete bs warrant three paragraphs from you two? It's better served for this site if we call that shit out on a consistent basis. We can have an adult conversation with disagreements without the Gayor Pete stuff or the racist shots taken at LeBron and Bronny on Rafters, or the all trans people are mental and pedos nonsense on the Paddock weekly. That's all I was doing with my post. Maybe take the lead occasionally and call out posts like WTF Cat's instead of ignoring them most of the time. And let's be honest, Gayor Pete is not funny because it's also lame. We should be above lame, homophobic shit like that. Years ago in the political thread, someone posted that Michelle Obama looked like a gorilla. Awful shit, and it was called out and that person shamed. Now? That same post would get a few likes and some laughing emoji's from the usuals here. My guess is I'd call it out and you two would post that I need to be more angry over something else.

For hmt who can't seem to quit me: I did say this entire thing is a bad look for Pete, but it ain't all on him. The right found their scapegoat and then gay jokes on social media ensued. I'm shocked. Gay jokes, trans jokes, pedo jokes, gay lover Pelosi jokes and laughing at him beaten with a hammer? I'll stick with Lebowski and Spinal Tap if that's the right's version of humor now.

It makes more sense for all of us to call out the homophobic shit posted here constantly, yet only a couple of us do and when that happens, I log back in to see several messages directed at me as if I need some sort of direction in my life. Now kindly leave me alone occasionally. When I call out the constant homophobic shit I see, I don't need you two waving your little patriot fingers at me as if I'm wrong to do so. Gayor Pete! LMAOLMAO so so funny...
because in a thread about one of the biggest environmental disasters in decades the big takeaway you had from the thread is "gayorpete"... I am still poking fun at you thinking you're moderate. He is the worst trans secretary in my life... I can't even name another one because nobody else has been close to as incompetent. It's the easiest dunk ever and you still can't do it. Team player. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT