ADVERTISEMENT

Early Mock Draft - Deone Walker Going In Top 20

With a good year he e has a chance to upset Josh Allen for the top draft selection under stoops and our highest draft pick since obviously couch went #1. Deone can go top 5 with a big year. If he is on track he may get that dude from GA a few years ago love or Will Anderson love throughout the season which only adds to our perception.

Reactions: The-Hack
Normally I'd say he is a lock top 10 draft pick. But more & more the league us all offense all the time. First what, 15 picks this past yr were offensive guys? The only D guys valued are lockdown corners and speed edge rushers.

Top 20 pick by a smart winning franchise next yr no doubt

Top 20 seems a little low for him. For a DL he plays alot of snaps, which gives the impression he takes some plays off to ace himself. He is 350 lb give or take 10, he just can't go all out 40-50 plays a game. Cut that number and everyone in the country will know who he is. I think he will be top 2 DL taken, now I don't know where that will fall because teams are QB and WR crazy now.

Dewayne Robertson went 4th in the 2003 Draft, and I think Deone Walker has shown himself to be on that level.

But as we all know, the draft is more offensively oriented now, than ever, with Josh-Allen-esc-edge-rushers most frequently joining the offensive players on day one.

But I think with a good showing at pro-day, a good interview, etc. someone might just shock the world with Deone’s selection.

Dewayne Robertson went 4th in the 2003 Draft, and I think Deone Walker has shown himself to be on that level.

But as we all know, the draft is more offensively oriented now, than ever, with Josh-Allen-esc-edge-rushers most frequently joining the offensive players on day one.

But I think with a good showing at pro-day, a good interview, etc. someone might just shock the world with Deone’s selection.

These days, the top half of the first round is always heavy for QBs, LTs, and dominant edge rushers. Deone can play himself into the top half of the first round, but that is far from being a foregone conclusion at this point. He is a heck of a player, but any comparison to Dewayne Robertson is no longer relevant because the game has changed and so has the draft. I hope he stays healthy and has a good year and a solid career.

Reactions: Lost In FL
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT