ADVERTISEMENT

Trilly update on Lanier visit

UK message boards needing a Bucket-Getter #BOOM fix, BADLY!!!!!
R.145725bb4b36ad61f9235b104367acb4

Appreciate it. And god bless her, especially at a young age you get really frustrated seeing others do something so well, and yourself needing extra time. Making fun of a legit disability is about as low a person can go.
You really don't have to take my word for it. Listen to some college professors.

"Experts at Durham and Yale Universities are calling for the term ‘dyslexia’ to be abandoned because it is unscientific and lacks meaning" I already linked this article but you obviously don't read.

The only feathers I am trying to ruffle are the ones who deserve it. 99% of this board is really cool and intelligent posters.

There’s a big difference between being self confident and self righteous.

With you being a genius and a next level educator you already know that though.
Another Straw Man. If only people who throw Straw Mans out understood that to a skilled debater, you're just admitting you aren't confident in your contention. I never said any of that. And I'm only self-righteous when I am compared with someone who isn't trying as hard as I am. So, I'll own that.

Even though nothing is really happening right now with UK news updates but opinions and rumors. It's truly amazing trying to read through these supposed adult message boards and some poster(s) spends two-thirds of their messaging pertaining to zilch about anything related to basketball, UK, NBA draft, coaching, offense, college, defense, players, Pope, Cal, NIL, recruits, transfers, etc!!!!!!!!!!

MODS:

michael-scott-the-office.gif

Another Straw Man. If only people who throw Straw Mans out understood that to a skilled debater, you're just admitting you aren't confident in your contention. I never said any of that. And I'm only self-righteous when I am compared with someone who isn't trying as hard as I am. So, I'll own that.
I’ll admit that much, you definitely try.

I guess you suck at your job then. When I was diagnosed with dyslexia at a young age my teachers were proactive, understanding, and giving me specialized exercises to retrain my brain. It took a few years to overcome but I'm eternally grateful.
Same. I still have issues here and there but my teachers growing up were very inderstanding and worked with me. They certianly never called me illiterate.

31 pages and over 1000 posts and we still dont have a damn clue what Lanier is gonna do. May go to 100 pages after he decides at this rate.
Never seen anything like it - the need to know something the very minute it happens and to spend hours and hours getting there instead of spending zero time on it and knowing 2 minutes after everyone else knows that spent hours and hours following it, lol. Insane.

Reactions: ib4ky
Some guy on KSR board said a decision tomorrow and it’s Tennessee. But who the hell knows if he correct or not
Not singling you out because lots of people do it, but it would be great if everyone would say the name of the person who gave the info when saying something like this. And if someone tweets something, don’t come here and say you (not you) saw it on twitter. Share a link.

I'm confident. You're right about that. If you invested time in a student to help them become more literate after a dyslexia diagnosis you'd be pretty confident in what I'm saying too. But clearly you've never done that.
Dyslexia does not equal illiterate. You're clueless

Reactions: KFuqua
I guess you suck at your job then. When I was diagnosed with dyslexia at a young age my teachers were proactive, understanding, and giving me specialized exercises to retrain my brain. It took a few years to overcome but I'm eternally grateful.
You mean they placated you and treated you like you had a legitimate disorder? See I don't do that with kids. I challenge them to achieve things in reading and writing that they've never achieved before and almost all of them (almost) do that. But y'all can go off about how it's wrong to tell people with dyslexia there's nothing wrong with their brains.

There is only one reason that we will lose Chaz Lanier to Tennessee. It's because the name Kentucky doesn't mean shit when someone else is willing to outbid us for players. It seems most on this board are in total denial that we can't compete with the schools paying all this NIL money to players. Y'all don't trust Mitch but when he lies about all this money we have for NIL you don't even stop to consider he's just saying that to string us along.

These modern experts are coming out with the dumbest shit over ever seen. Including banning the use of boy and girl when talking to students. We are doomed.

These modern experts are coming out with the dumbest shit over ever seen. Including banning the use of boy and girl when talking to students. We are doomed.
The word 'expert' in the United States doesn't mean what it used to Most 'experts' are being paid to say things and for their takes on things by men who dictate what they want them to say. it's awful. it's a pandemic.

Not singling you out because lots of people do it, but it would be great if everyone would say the name of the person who gave the info when saying something like this. And if someone tweets something, don’t come here and say you (not you) saw it on twitter. Share a link.
His name is bringonbama on there, I have no clue if he knows what the hell he is talking about or not.

Reactions: Bluesnky
You're right. Pope has never missed. Every player was simply commited too quickly to another school, mutual interest was agreed upon to go seperate ways, A player's plane was delayed at the airport. On his way to visit UK. And another school picked him up and offered him 3 million. It's ok to say we've missed on players. This is what I am talking about. We have missed on players. Whether that's because academic issues, NIL amount, or any other factors. We still missed. Call balls and strikes.
Great post.
You miss out if you're in a battle with other schools that you've listed in with them.
You also only lose a recruit after they verbal, ask to be released from their loi or they enter the portal.
If I'm wrong, I rapidly repent.

Reactions: RunninRichie
You really don't have to take my word for it. Listen to some college professors.

"Experts at Durham and Yale Universities are calling for the term ‘dyslexia’ to be abandoned because it is unscientific and lacks meaning" I already linked this article but you obviously don't read.
Yep, let's all listen to what dimwit experts say.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
You mean they placated you and treated you like you had a legitimate disorder? See I don't do that with kids. I challenge them to achieve things in reading and writing that they've never achieved before and almost all of them (almost) do that. But y'all can go off about how it's wrong to tell people with dyslexia there's nothing wrong with their brains.
Omg, I thank God you were never my teacher, hallelujah. There was a specific program of exercises based on my age that I followed. The exercises had directional tasks included to help me concentrate on leading letters first, how to see punctuation differently, etc. I remember my mom doing these same tasks with me after school. I remember my first few months how frustrating it was for me. I'd rip up papers, break models, stomp off in anger. With the repetition I slowly made it and became an honor student. No way I would have made it without that help. So you can live in your little bubble of judgement and arrogance, idgaf.

You're right. Pope has never missed. Every player was simply commited too quickly to another school, mutual interest was agreed upon to go seperate ways, A player's plane was delayed at the airport. On his way to visit UK. And another school picked him up and offered him 3 million. It's ok to say we've missed on players. This is what I am talking about. We have missed on players. Whether that's because academic issues, NIL amount, or any other factors. We still missed. Call balls and strikes.
We should all vote on post of the day and this has to be nominated. Then we will all refer to the winner by King and then their screen name for the rest of the day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT