TE: SC
OL: Push
WR: Edge SC

DL: Push
LB: Edge SC
DB: Edge Ky

ST: Edge SC
Coaching: ?
Wrong at TE. Conrad isn't being used quite as much but he is the better talent of the two. OL is a push right now because our OL is very unsettled at the moment. Whether or not that continues remains to be seen. LB wrong again. Major advantage for UK. Not even close. ST is an advantage for USC because of their return game. Coaching I"ll go with Stoops.

Ok. KY fans may be the only people on earth who don't think Bentley is better than Johnson.
Their stats are pretty comparable over their careers. Both have pretty pedestrian completion rates and YPA. Bentley completes at a better percentage. Johnson's numbers probably indicate a better deep ball.

The stats for both are indicative of QBs that often struggle to move the ball down the field but do a good job of not turning it over. Game managers.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Wrong at TE. Conrad isn't being used quite as much but he is the better talent of the two. OL is a push right now because our OL is very unsettled at the moment. Whether or not that continues remains to be seen. LB wrong again. Major advantage for UK. Not even close. ST is an advantage for USC because of their return game. Coaching I"ll go with Stoops.

Wrong on LB. I would make that a push. Skai Moore and Brunson are as good as yours. It will be evident on Sat. Not saying we are going to win by wide margin but do feel like being at home is a big plus for us

Their stats are pretty comparable over their careers. Both have pretty pedestrian completion rates and YPA. Bentley completes at a better percentage. Johnson's numbers probably indicate a better deep ball.

The stats for both are indicative of QBs that often struggle to move the ball down the field but do a good job of not turning it over. Game managers.

Stats don't always tell the entire story.

Please stop.

I don't know of a position SC has an advantage over Kentucky and I follow SC some living in Columbia. As long as you've got your coaching staff there and we've got our staff, we're not losing to the Gamecocks for awhile.

NC State's line got manhandled by a rebuilding Marshall's Oline yesterday. They're not that good and neither is SC.

Not sure if trolling..... xD

Getting cocky are you after your 2 wins, well how bout let's play the game and see if UK can make it 4 in a row, or you can stop our little winning streak !

How much does it bother you that UK is one of only a few teams 'USCjr' owns historically in football?

Win 10 in a row then get back to me.

Not that I mind USC posters chiming in on the game, but shit, you would think they went 15 - 0 last year with some of this crap. UK has beaten them three years in a row, IN FOOTBALL. Of course we are confident, out team has done nothing but improve. Should be a great game. Not expecting to win, but UK will be right there.

I expect a close game as always. Could go either way.
But I suspect SC is overlooking our defense, which is better than last year's. A defense which held Lamar Jackson in check. Bentley is no Lamar Jackson, so I suggest Mr. Bentley get used to the idea of sharing the backfield Saturday with a rabid dog we call Jordan Jones.
161008UKVandyFtballcb1019

Where do you think you're better?

Better question, where are you guys better. I don't think your bad but you dead serious gonna say your wr's are better than Deebo Samuel and Bryan Edwards. And I may give you rb but the production this year hasn't been there like it should. Everywhere else based on talent and production SC has the advantage in every dept including a massive one in special teams.

Jake Bentley is doing ok. He has a whopping 2 more passing yards than Stephen Johnson. Johnson has a better passer rating as well.

SC's Total D is dead last in conference after 2 games. Yes, worse than Mizzou's.

SC doesn't have a rusher in the top 20 in the league.

But on paper, these teams are pretty evenly matched. I think if Kentucky continues playing like they did most of the 2nd half vs EKU, and play special teams like we did against Southern Miss, then we'll roll fairly easily. I think our D will match up way better vs. SC's offense than EKU dink & dunk offense.

SC have been spectacular on special teams, and opportunistic without making many mistakes. Reminds me a lot of how Kentucky was last year if you take away our 32 turnovers per game.

I think this will be a good game. It's questionable to say that they've played better competition. By mascots & school names, yes, but otherwise I think it's pretty even.
Alright for real is this whole thread just to troll us or are we actually gonna be sane and break this game down.

ESPN ranked our group of WRs the best in the SEC. They weren't wrong. We're loaded.

Wait, so Carolina has the best qb and best group of WRs in the SEC and are passing for 200 yds per game? Please lay the crack pipe down, you have a good WR, but the rest would struggle to see the field at just about every school in the SEC even Vandy.

Wait, so Carolina has the best qb and best group of WRs in the SEC and are passing for 200 yds per game? Please lay the crack pipe down, you have a good WR, but the rest would struggle to see the field at just about every school in the SEC even Vandy.
I would lean toward calling Samuels a great WR and Edwards is a very good WR. He was freshman all-sec last year.

Reactions: roosterbell
Please stop.

I don't know of a position SC has an advantage over Kentucky and I follow SC some living in Columbia. As long as you've got your coaching staff there and we've got our staff, we're not losing to the Gamecocks for awhile.

NC State's line got manhandled by a rebuilding Marshall's Oline yesterday. They're not that good and neither is SC.
I'll remember you said this ^^^^^^^^^. Y'all are going to get your crap pushed in. Write that down.

Reactions: USCRBCOCK
I would be tickled with an ugly win. We're walking into a buzz saw Saturday night. They have circled this game on the calendar. It's a must win for them.

This. Not sure who wins. You have to play the game but I think you will find an improved Gamecock team that is highly motivated. And just let me say that we have plenty more weapons than Deebo.

Yeah but we are not talking about the top teams in the conference. The post said that we don't have one single position better than Kentucky which is ridiculous. Skai Moore along with Deebo Samuel and Hayden Hurst would start for just about every team in this conference. We have a little more than just a return game Another ridiculous statement
Hurst would not start for UK, both WR might, but wouldn't count on it.

Last edited:
I would lean toward calling Samuels a great WR and Edwards is a very good WR. He was freshman all-sec last year.

Samuel is a good WR, not the best in the conference or division, but good. You here saying that Carolina has the best WR in the conference is why everyone thinks Carolina fans are the most delusional in the conference. Edwards is so good I never herd of him. A serious question, if you really believe Carolina has the best WR group in the conference, the best qb in the conference, how do you explain the 6-7 record from last season? Does the rest of the team suck, is it the coaching staff or just bad luck?

Reactions: drawing_dead
This. Not sure who wins. You have to play the game but I think you will find an improved Gamecock team that is highly motivated. And just let me say that we have plenty more weapons than Deebo.

Where are they? You have 600 yards total offense in 2 games, one against the worst defense in the SEC who gave up 500 yards and 45 points to an FCS team. Let me guess, vanilla offense not wanting to show anyone anything that would help them defend the mighty cocks.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
I would look for a good game because both teams have so much at stake. Last year UK was struggling on defense coming into the game, and had been upset by USM. I assumed a win and was dead wrong. To be fair, playing with a freshman QB that was not as talented as JB; and with 3 receivers out of the game due to injury put the offense at an extreme disadvantage. Receiving corps was depleted to the point of freshman tight ends lining up at WR position. That being said, the game was close.

The UK QB is a game changer. I watched the Louisville game last year in amazement of the clutch throws and runs he had. I also watched some of the EKU game last week and saw Barker come in due to the UK offense being ineffective. If UK has this lull in offensive production for a half they will get buried. If they have a chance to establish the run I think it stays close.

I think playing at home will make a difference for the offense as road games are a distinct disadvantage for offenses due to the defensive lineman getting a jump on the snap as opposed to the offensive line reacting to the snap with peripheral vision. It's kind of BS to start out the season with two road games, albeit one is called neutral site. Carolina is still a young team so I refuse to trash talk, anything can happen.

I do believe time will tell of CWM being one of the better coaches in the league. This will be his second year of having a team to coach with a arm tied behind his back due to the mess Spurrier left. Currently 75 scholarship players, and those missing 10 compliments seem to be on the defensive side of the ball (removing depth). If Kentucky runs the ball, they will win.

Prediction: USC 35 UK 16

How much does it bother you that UK is one of only a few teams 'USCjr' owns historically in football?

Win 10 in a row then get back to me.
Doesn't bother me. A lot of teams can say that about UK. But if you want to talk about the streaks, i like the current one quite a bit

Last edited:
QB-SC
RB-UK
WR-SC
TE-UK
OL-ummm, nobody?

LB-Slight UK edge, maybe...
DL-SC???
DB-Slight UK edge

ST-SC, probably not close

Coaching-Push, but I think Muschamp is gonna be really good for USC.

Pretty close...just change TE and LB to UK and you got it.

I don't know, Hurst had 48 catches for 616 yards in his first season playing last year. There are two other pass catching TE's on the roster including Crosby who had 4 TD catches last season. Maybe UK has better TE stats and I was just not aware.

Please stop.

Are you being sarcastic or are you just completely clueless about reality? I wouldn't trade coaching staffs with UK for anything in this world! Muschamp and crew have made a huge impact in less than two seasons with a team full of 3 star recruits. Deebo was a 3* recruit by the way and I wouldn't trade him for any player in the country.
Come back to this thread after the game Saturday and eat crow like a man.

You people are mentally challenged. Stoops is terrible. Nobody outside of Kentucky would take Stoops over Muschamp right now.
Cocks by at least 14.

Pretty close...just change TE and LB to UK and you got it.

Its pretty funny he gives Carolina an edge at QB, yet Johnson has a better completion percentage and more yards. Meanwhile the receiving corp he is so proud of has 3 players averaging over 10 ypc, 1 of those is a RB, while UK has 4. It's pretty clear the vast majority of Bentley's throws are quick throws or screens and hopes to break something. How he feels they are the best in the conference is just silly and every fanbase will laugh at him. OM probably has the best group and they aint' afraid to throw it downfield.

Reactions: jauk11
You people are mentally challenged. Stoops is terrible. Nobody outside of Kentucky would take Stoops over Muschamp right now.
Cocks by at least 14.

When you said you wouldn't trade Samuel for any player in the country you lost all credibility. He is a good player, but no where near the level of Calvin Ridley or Christian Kirk and a teamload of WR at Clemson. Yes without him USC is likely 0-2, but best player in the country, lol

Big game for both teams, both with confidence and close in talent lvl but UK has better depth. The Brice is loud but Johnson is a veteran QB who wont get rattled. I think Stoops will come after their young QB with lots of pressure from ever direction. Turn overs will be key to victory and DO NOT kick to Deebo and we win!

So Bentley wouldn't start for Tenn ? KY ? Tex A&M. Ark ? Yeah ok. Get real buddy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT