ADVERTISEMENT

Early look at South Carolina

South Carolina is a baseball school,oh wait we won the series last season,in Columbia!

I think Meyer's players didn't respect Muschamp and acted accordingly. And they couldn't be effectively disciplined because of it. I don't think Spurrier left a roster filled with that type of kid at South Carolina.

I'm not sure how much of a rebuild it is. The talent was there, but the previous coach was semi-retired.

Good post. SOS was semi retired and had not recruited to needs very well. Should be a good game Saturday. Probably a close game.

Reactions: BigBlueCatNation
Bentley was considered on of the best QBs in the SEC prior to the season. Not many people considered him the best. And with his performance so far, I doubt anyone truly considers him the best. I think he is better than our QB and has lots of potential. And who knows, maybe Saturday will be when he starts to establish himself as the best.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/college/g...tley-the-best-the-sec/pDg7z4dH0nl80TfD9mHfqI/

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/south-carolina-football/gary-danielson-jake-bentley-no-1-qb-sec/

A far cry from 'not anyone'.

First of all, I didn't say "not anyone," I said "I doubt anyone." Congratulations, you found one guy that claims he is the best. You linked two articles, which is misleading since they are both about the comments of the same guy (Danielson). Bentley may have the most potential, but to this point he has been outplayed by Patterson and Fitzgerald. I'm not saying Bentley isn't a good QB, but his performance thus far this season hasn't met the preseason hype.

First of all, I didn't say "not anyone," I said "I doubt anyone." Congratulations, you found one guy that claims he is the best. You linked two articles, which is misleading since they are both about the comments of the same guy (Danielson). Bentley may have the most potential, but to this point he has been outplayed by Patterson and Fitzgerald. I'm not saying Bentley isn't a good QB, but his performance thus far this season hasn't met the preseason hype.
These fan bases are complete opposites.

When we play poorly and win we act like Eeyore.

When they win despite getting outgained in consecutive weeks against teams who played worse against Marshall and Missouri State, they come onto this board emoting like Ric Flair.

These fan bases are complete opposites.

When we play poorly and win we act like Eeyore.

When they win despite getting outgained in consecutive weeks against teams who played worse against Marshall and Missouri State, they come onto this board emoting like Ric Flair.

Missouri scored 72 on Mizzou State and we held their offense to only one touchdown.

NC State has an entire DL of future NFL draft picks. Regardless of how they played against Marshall they will have a ton of guys drafted in the 1st-3rd round on the DL alone.

Saturday can't get here soon enough. Your fan base has never changed, I know y'all have a right to crow after winning 3 straight against us, but it's not like y'alls tone was ANY different during our 10 game win streak. Even then y'all predicted to handily beat South Carolina every single year only to suffer 10 straight losses. This year ain't any other different than past years.

Missouri scored 72 on Mizzou State and we held their offense to only one touchdown.

NC State has an entire DL of future NFL draft picks. Regardless of how they played against Marshall they will have a ton of guys drafted in the 1st-3rd round on the DL alone.

Saturday can't get here soon enough. Your fan base has never changed, I know y'all have a right to crow after winning 3 straight against us, but it's not like y'alls tone was ANY different during our 10 game win streak. Even then y'all predicted to handily beat South Carolina every single year only to suffer 10 straight losses. This year ain't any other different than past years.
There is a big difference, Stoops has recruited SEC talent and we have depth but most importantly we are a veteran team. Our best players are now juniors and seniors. 2001 and sandstorm are a nice entrance to start game but will play no role in the outcome Sat night. Cats 27 Cocks 21

Your ignorance is noted. There are quite a few such position groups. OTOH, you're right on the second remark emphasized above -- you're not losing to the Gamecocks until Saturday night.

Some of these posts I read from UK fans reminds me of the old Seinfeld saying from George Costanza: Remember, "it's not a lie if you believe it." I'm not sure I've seen a recruiting ranking in the past 20 years, maybe one, where UK out recruited SC. Now mind you, the two schools have probably had some rankings close to each other, but I'm trying to figure out how they are more talented and have now passed us. Oh yeah, they went 7-6 last year and we went 6-7. My bad.

Couple of things here they do not have a ton of guys who will be 1-3 round guys and they played will enough to win. But even with that, they may not be top 5 DL Carolina faces this year, it will be close if they make it. Secondly, it wasn't like Carolina ran up and down the field against them, without multiple turnovers and a special team TD they win. To not have won the game with 4 turnover margin and a special team TD and hanging on should be a concern, not a rallying call.

Some of these posts I read from UK fans reminds me of the old Seinfeld saying from George Costanza: Remember, "it's not a lie if you believe it." I'm not sure I've seen a recruiting ranking in the past 20 years, maybe one, where UK out recruited SC. Now mind you, the two schools have probably had some rankings close to each other, but I'm trying to figure out how they are more talented and have now passed us. Oh yeah, they went 7-6 last year and we went 6-7. My bad.
Since you pointed out the recruiting difference....why did you guys lose 3 in a row to a team you out-recruited by a longshot the last 20 years. Can't be coaching, cause you said you have one of the best coaches in the country. Was it just bad luck?

Since you pointed out the recruiting difference....why did you guys lose 3 in a row to a team you out-recruited by a longshot the last 20 years. Can't be coaching, cause you said you have one of the best coaches in the country. Was it just bad luck?

Same reason we beat clemsux 5 years in a row, and they out recruited us. It happens. We beat UK 10 years in a row, won't mean squat tomorrow. I actually don't know who is going to win. I hope SC. You hope KY. That's what makes games fun. But we have delusional fans on both side. But let's be real, to say UK has surpassed SC is just not true. Name the last time UK finished #10, #8, #4 consecutively in the nation? It was only 3 years ago SC finished #4. So SOS had a bad couple of recruiting classes. UK didn't exactly blow it out of the water during our bad years. So bottom line, Saturday will tell us both allot.

After Saturday.........hope UK runs the table on UF/UGA/UT AND LOUISVILLE.

I will be really surprised if we win...couldn't win line of scrimmage on either side against EKU...and our pass defense is pretty bad. Just think USC has to much momentum going in to a home game. UK must run the ball well and keep the ball away from USC to have a chance to win

Your team gained 1.5 yards per carry against NC State. Congratulations.

Cocks 42-17.

I think Rico Dowdle and Tyshon Williams will have the field day running behind our "very questionable line".

You can't be serious. Bentley not better than your QB ? Our WRs not better with Deebo and Edwards ? Hurst at TE ? You may be better at some positions but get real

Ok. KY fans may be the only people on earth who don't think Bentley is better than Johnson.

QB: Edge SC
RB: KY
TE: SC
OL: Push
WR: Edge SC

DL: Push
LB: Edge SC
DB: Edge Ky

ST: Edge SC
Coaching: ?

It's called SCOREBOARD. The only stat that matters.

I don't think we will blow UK out but it's very likely we leave 3-0.

I'll remember you said this ^^^^^^^^^. Y'all are going to get your crap pushed in. Write that down.

Are you being sarcastic or are you just completely clueless about reality? I wouldn't trade coaching staffs with UK for anything in this world! Muschamp and crew have made a huge impact in less than two seasons with a team full of 3 star recruits. Deebo was a 3* recruit by the way and I wouldn't trade him for any player in the country.
Come back to this thread after the game Saturday and eat crow like a man.

You people are mentally challenged. Stoops is terrible. Nobody outside of Kentucky would take Stoops over Muschamp right now.
Cocks by at least 14.

I watched both UK games this year. NCSU is better than any team I saw in those two games, UK included.

Scoreboard. Statistics are for losers. But, but NCSU & Mizzou gained more! LOL. All you are pointing out is that this young team hasn't quite had their best game and still won in away games. Now we go home. Bentley, Hurst, Dowdle, Williams, Shi Smith, Edwards, Turner. All sophomores except Smith who is a freshman. Acknowledged weapons everywhere but here of course but please carry on.

You are about as sharp as a marble. Most analysts have been calling him best QB in SEC this year.

......here? FYI, I'm on Gamecock Central.
This has been cross-posted making fun of delusional U.K. fans. I just commented on the guys quote about our very good staff

Cocks 31-20

Okay, let's get one thing straight here: So far in this season, South Carolina has shown that it can beat better teams than Kentucky has. And without falling into a logical fallacy, therefore South Carolina has been the better team thus far in the season.

Now let's get down into specifics of what you guys said. You can't think of a single position South Carolina is better equipped at?

Let's start with offensive line. So far in the season we've played NC State's line, which features future first round pick Bradley Chubb, and we only allowed 2 sacks. Then we went to Mizzou, beat them by 18 on their own turf, and only allowed 1 sack against a line full of senior, former 5 star talent. Kentucky, on the other hand, played an FCS team and one of the worst FBS teams out there and allowed 4 sacks so far. Meaning USC gives up an average of 1.5 sacks per game (against at least semi-quality opponents), and Kentucky gives up 2 sacks per game (against little shit cupcake FCS teams).

How about our receiver game? You all say yourself that Deebo Samuel is amazing. He's got 5 TD's and 375 yards in 2 games. Do you all have a guy like that? No? Well we also have a 6'6" sophomore WR in Bryan Edwards who broke the school record for most receiving yardage as a freshman last year. Think about how well Alshon Jeffrey did as a freshman. Yeah, Edwards did better. Kid is a beast. Do you have a guy like that? No? Well we also have a 6'5" 250lb (in almost pure muscle) TE who is 24 years old as a junior and he put up 72 yards against Mizzou and scored 2 TD's in Saturday's game. You guys got one of those? No? Well then where is this "I can't think of a better position they have than us and I've clearly thought of everythinggggg!" coming from?

If you guys decide to double cover Deebo with your weak secondary that's allowed FCS teams to put up over 250 yards a game, imagine what the rest of our receivers can do to you. I dare you guys, double cover Deebo and think that solves everything.

Not to mention, this game being at Williams-Brice is a big deal. Jake Bentley hasn't quite settled in this season because he's been on the road against some good D-lines. Well, South Carolina hasn't started 2-0 since the 2012, and it's our home opener and a blackout. If any of you have been to Willy-B when it's truly rocking, you know how much that affects the game.

Go on, keep thinking you're superior to us in every way. It's not like it took everything you guys had to smidge past Southern Miss and Eastern Kentucky.

Bentley wasn't our QB when we played y'all last year.... so yea. You have no idea what you are talking about. Nor did we play out leading rusher, or our leading receiver against y'all last year. Yet somehow y'all only managed to win by a small margin AT HOME.
So in order to help place this game into a better perspective for all you UK basketball fans here.
This game will be played in our house....
For a season opening home game
For a fan base that is ready for a drunken night game against a team they should have beaten the last 3 year's.
To repeat a poster above...
Yes, we have in fact circled this game on the calendar.
Kentucky will be playing a completely different gamecock team Saturday night than the one y'all remember last year.
Good luck fellas. Don't worry I'm sure coach Cal has a host of 5 stars ready to help y'all forget about this fall.

Diamond, what on earth makes you think we aren't going to smash your little streak?

Calling Kentucky a dump isn't an insult. It's a fact. I know bc I been there twice and both times I parked in some weak ass lot behind some dentist office where I tailgated next to a bunch of Kentucky fans that didn't even know that drew barker wasn't starting that night.... also was next to a frat house. Everyone was wearing basketball jerseys and said they didn't care about football.... So by all means. Explain to how the majority of your fan base can claim they follow the sport enough to back up all these claims that y'all are better than us?

So to elaborate and clarify what you just said...

You're hopeful that your offense isn't inept and unable to score like it has been the past 2 weeks against crappy FCS defenses, and then you're hoping that your defense is very improved, since it's been pretty weak against two FCS teams this past week.

It sounded like a confident post, but was it really?

Actually, we thought you guys, and this thread in particular, was so crazy that we made a thread about it over on our forum. that's why it's getting so much traffic

Hope you all enjoyed your 3 year streak. You're walking into a buzz saw Saturday night.

CBS says Bentley is the best QB in the SEC

ESPN says South Carolina has the best pass catchers.

BigBlueNation claims he knows more than they do. Cute.

The Wolfpack would be favored against KY IMO this year.

giphy.gif

Where are all of you South Carolina fans who decided to troll this forum? Man up and show yourselves because I'm about to put EVERY SINGLE ONE of you on blast!

Wow...I have literally never posted on another team's board in almost 20 years, but your statements are about as ludicrous as I have ever read. OK, I will take a stab at the position comparison -

Offense: USC has an advantage at QB, WR, TE and potentially RB...OL probably to UK but we will see as the USC OL is much, much improved over last year. Also, very easy for you to trash the NC State defensive front seven since you don't play them (I'm sure E. Kentucky's is far superior), but they are legit...significantly moreso than what UK will bring from a talent standpoint and they also have a solid scheme (although I do like the UK scheme a lot). And you seriously want to throw stones at NC State v. Marshall when you struggled to beat So. Miss and E. Kentucky???

Defense: USC has an advantage at starting LB (depth is an issue but hasn't been a concern) and Secondary (although J. King needs to learn to get his head around on the deep ball)...DL I would give to UK slightly but once again the SC DL play has been much improved over last year.

Special teams:
KO Return - Uhhh...Deebo? SEC special teams player-of-the-week two weeks in a row to start the season? USC
KO Coverage - Not an issue since it almost always goes in the end zone but very solid coverage. USC
Punt Return - Push...but be very careful kicking it to Lammons.
Punt Coverage - USC (see forced fumble against Mizzou and solid coverage in both games).
Field goals - UK...USC has been shaky going just 1 for 2 but can be solid.

Also, please remember both games USC has played have been away games (not at home, Charlotte for NC State) against quality Power 5 opponents. We will see on Saturday which team has the better positions. Ludicrous.

What was that?

South Carolina fans are a special breed of stupidity. Not close to UL fans, but damn you've got some morons down there.

I don't think it's delusional...I'll go 35-17. Will check in after game.

Where you at, Boss? Roosterbooster, MBSurfside, Breezecock, Angrydong? Where is everybody? All week I told you last year's wins against the worst D1 teams and FCS teams gave you false confidence. I pointed to how weak NC St and Missouri were. All four of you had all manner of nonsense in response. Got that ass beat again, though. Come over here and tell us how you have a thread on your site laughing at delusional UK fans...that three consecutive wins doesn't make us better than you. We are graduating players that never lost to SC. Maybe we can work out a deal with the SEC and make SC a guarantee game every other year. Instead of getting you hopes up for a win, we will pay you $750,000 to come to Lexington and take your loss. That is more than we pay EKU, which is unfair. They're a tougher out than the Cocks.

Oh yes, very, they man-handled NCSU's D-Line which is touted as one of the best this year. And only allowed 2 sacks in that game and none last night.
UK may pull it out in Columbia, although I doubt it, but it won't be because SC has a weak OL.

What about now?

So living in Columbia gives you an advantage in what? I watched every play of the UK games and watched every play of the SC games. You don't know of a position SC has an advantage in?????? Your comment reminds me of the famous line "Waiter, I'll have what he's having." You blue glasses are obviously fogged up a little. I actually think this may be one of the worst KY teams I've seen in 10 years. But we'll see Saturday I guess.

Apparently it helps me know more about the Gamecocks than you do as a fan of them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT