ADVERTISEMENT

Early look at South Carolina

Please stop.

I don't know of a position SC has an advantage over Kentucky and I follow SC some living in Columbia. As long as you've got your coaching staff there and we've got our staff, we're not losing to the Gamecocks for awhile.

NC State's line got manhandled by a rebuilding Marshall's Oline yesterday. They're not that good and neither is SC.

You can't be serious. Bentley not better than your QB ? Our WRs not better with Deebo and Edwards ? Hurst at TE ? You may be better at some positions but get real

Win. Make USC earn it. Hopefully we can get the lead early and put the pressure on them.

Big game for the momentum of both teams.

So living in Columbia gives you an advantage in what? I watched every play of the UK games and watched every play of the SC games. You don't know of a position SC has an advantage in?????? Your comment reminds me of the famous line "Waiter, I'll have what he's having." You blue glasses are obviously fogged up a little. I actually think this may be one of the worst KY teams I've seen in 10 years. But we'll see Saturday I guess.

[banana] keep on talking.

You can't be serious. Bentley not better than your QB ? Our WRs not better with Deebo and Edwards ? Hurst at TE ? You may be better at some positions but get real

Carolina played with a walkon qb for so long I guess anyone on scholarship is better. But is is 35-57 for 402 yards while not bad are certainly not mindblowing and those backs you are so proud of 204 yards on 61 attempts. The only part of Carolina's game that could cause anyone concern is their return game and that's simple to take away. Samuel is a very good player, the rest are not world beaters and wouldn't start for the top teams in the conference.

There is not a single thing that tells me this will be anything but a close game. Both teams will be playing with confidence, and both teams will feel like this is a game they can win. South Carolina will be playing in their home opener and the atmosphere should be electric. Both teams will be thrilled with a win. South Carolina is a better team than UK faced last season, but UK's Johnson is also a much better QB than he was in that same game last year and UK's offense looks a lot different. Simply put, I wouldn't be surprised if either team won.

The only thing to me that gives So. Carolina the edge at this point is that two things we thought would be figured out by now--the emergence of Lynn Bowden as a playmaker and the ability of our offensive line to dictate play--have not happened. That concerns me.

These guys must not follow their own team....their Oline is so good that Muschamp opened up the left tackle position to competition this week. Two games in and looking for such an important cog in the line doesn't inspire confidence to anyone who follows football. Might want to let your coach in on what a great offensive line you guys have.

Carolina played with a walkon qb for so long I guess anyone on scholarship is better. But is is 35-57 for 402 yards while not bad are certainly not mindblowing and those backs you are so proud of 204 yards on 61 attempts. The only part of Carolina's game that could cause anyone concern is their return game and that's simple to take away. Samuel is a very good player, the rest are not world beaters and wouldn't start for the top teams in the conference.

Yeah but we are not talking about the top teams in the conference. The post said that we don't have one single position better than Kentucky which is ridiculous. Skai Moore along with Deebo Samuel and Hayden Hurst would start for just about every team in this conference. We have a little more than just a return game Another ridiculous statement

Turnovers is also the reason why we are 2-0, we could easily be 0-2. We got lucky in playing against bad offensive teams and now South Car has a qb that will throw for blood. SEC opener.. the staff better come up with something SEC like or by half time good night.
Bad offensive teams?? What are you basing that on? Southern Miss scored 45 Saturday and Eku has done well against 2 division 1 teams.

Reactions: EliteBlue
Yeah but we are not talking about the top teams in the conference. The post said that we don't have one single position better than Kentucky which is ridiculous. Skai Moore along with Deebo Samuel and Hayden Hurst would start for just about every team in this conference. We have a little more than just a return game Another ridiculous statement
Hurst is good but is he better than Conrad?

Jake Bentley is doing ok. He has a whopping 2 more passing yards than Stephen Johnson. Johnson has a better passer rating as well.

SC's Total D is dead last in conference after 2 games. Yes, worse than Mizzou's.

SC doesn't have a rusher in the top 20 in the league.

But on paper, these teams are pretty evenly matched. I think if Kentucky continues playing like they did most of the 2nd half vs EKU, and play special teams like we did against Southern Miss, then we'll roll fairly easily. I think our D will match up way better vs. SC's offense than EKU dink & dunk offense.

SC have been spectacular on special teams, and opportunistic without making many mistakes. Reminds me a lot of how Kentucky was last year if you take away our 32 turnovers per game.

I think this will be a good game. It's questionable to say that they've played better competition. By mascots & school names, yes, but otherwise I think it's pretty even.

Evidently, judging by this thread, a different UK team has played their last 3 games: all of which were the most unprepared and worst coached games in the Stoops tenure. You will need to see major improvement from the staff on Saturday along with the players in order to keep this close.

Reactions: bluebayou01
So living in Columbia gives you an advantage in what? I watched every play of the UK games and watched every play of the SC games. You don't know of a position SC has an advantage in?????? Your comment reminds me of the famous line "Waiter, I'll have what he's having." You blue glasses are obviously fogged up a little. I actually think this may be one of the worst KY teams I've seen in 10 years. But we'll see Saturday I guess.

Living in Columbia, I get to see SC more than most Kentucky fans. This Kentucky is not that bad. Most of their starters return from a 7 win team. Where do you see SC having an advantage?

Bentley is NOT better than our QB. For starters, so far our QB has not lost as as many games as Bentley. Not to mention, our QB has the head to head. With Lynn Bowden, Dorian Baker and Garrett Johnson, our WR's are supposed to be some of the best in the country. I'll take CJ Conrad over Hurst, too.

Our biggest issue is our Oline, but SC's Oline is just as bad.

Bentley is NOT better than our QB. For starters, so far our QB has not lost as as many games as Bentley.Not to mentio n, our QB has the head to head. With Lynn Bowden, Dorian Baker and Garrett Johnson, our WR's are supposed to be some of the best in the country. I'll take CJ Conrad over Hurst, too.

Bentley did not play versus UK last year. Nor did Dowdle. Nor did Samuels.

Those guys might start, but as a whole, those positions are not better than other SEC teams, including Kentucky.

I would rather have our LB unit than just having Moore.

I would rather have all of our WR's over Samuel. That's one of our best positions this year.

It would be nice to have another good TE with Hurst for Conrad.

This will be a good game for awhile, but Kentucky should be able to pull away in the 4th.

Nobody here is trading Conrad for Hurst.

Bentley did not play versus UK last year. Nor did Dowdle. Nor did Samuels.

It doesn't matter about Bentley. He is a decent QB, but very young. If the guy doesn't have anyone to work with, he isn't going to do much.

I just don't see where SC thinks they have any advantage, including coaching.

Jake Bentley is doing ok. He has a whopping 2 more passing yards than Stephen Johnson. Johnson has a better passer rating as well.

SC's Total D is dead last in conference after 2 games. Yes, worse than Mizzou's.

SC doesn't have a rusher in the top 20 in the league.

But on paper, these teams are pretty evenly matched. I think if Kentucky continues playing like they did most of the 2nd half vs EKU, and play special teams like we did against Southern Miss, then we'll roll fairly easily. I think our D will match up way better vs. SC's offense than EKU dink & dunk offense.

SC have been spectacular on special teams, and opportunistic without making many mistakes. Reminds me a lot of how Kentucky was last year if you take away our 32 turnovers per game.

I think this will be a good game. t's questionable to say that they've played better competition. By mascots & school names, yes, but otherwise I think it's pretty evenI.

OK. The two directional schools are on par with NCSU and Mizzou. You bet.

OK. The two directional schools are on par with NCSU and Mizzou. You bet.

Missouri is terrible. They almost lost to their in state directional school before they played SC. NC State almost lost to a rebuilding Marshall team at home. Both of those teams are bad.

There are a lot of similarities between Southern Miss and EKU with Missouri and NC State. No one in the SEC should have issues with Missouri this year and NC State will be decent but not great, similar to either EKU or Southern Miss.

Cocks 42-17.

Below is MANAFOLDS post before the game last year.

"as some Cat posters claim but good enough to roll into Commonwealth Stadium and clean the BIG BLUE'S clocks. This is Muschamps first year and half the team is made up of Sophs or Frosh. Still, we have much more talent than a historically awful Kentucky program. You can only hope by some miracle you beat us this Saturday because after this year, we will be so far ahead of you that you won't be in sight. Already have this year's recruiting class ranked 9th in the country with some really bigtime recruits about to commit and make the class even better. We let you weaklings slip by the last two years and even though you say we are awful, I look for us coming away with a big easy win. ITS GREAT TO BE A GAMECOCK !!!"

How did that work out for you?

Below is MANAFOLDS post before the game last year.

"as some Cat posters claim but good enough to roll into Commonwealth Stadium and clean the BIG BLUE'S clocks. This is Muschamps first year and half the team is made up of Sophs or Frosh. Still, we have much more talent than a historically awful Kentucky program. You can only hope by some miracle you beat us this Saturday because after this year, we will be so far ahead of you that you won't be in sight. Already have this year's recruiting class ranked 9th in the country with some really bigtime recruits about to commit and make the class even better. We let you weaklings slip by the last two years and even though you say we are awful, I look for us coming away with a big easy win. ITS GREAT TO BE A GAMECOCK !!!"

How did that work out for you?

South Carolina has almost as bad of a tradition as Kentucky. The only difference is Spurrier.

Yeah that last line was just stupid. You clearly don't have a clue what you are talking about if you think this is one of the worst in the last 10 years. It's probably the 2nd best after the 2007 team.

I had forgotten how obnoxious USCjr fans can be when they have a little confidence. Now I remember.
I was just thinking the same thing. They beat Missouri and now they are acting like they are the defending Super Bowl champs.

Turnovers is also the reason why we are 2-0, we could easily be 0-2. We got lucky in playing against bad offensive teams and now South Car has a qb that will throw for blood. SEC opener.. the staff better come up with something SEC like or by half time good night.

Josh Allen and Ware need to be wild dogs on Saturday.

Reactions: WildcatDJ
Bentley is NOT better than our QB. For starters, so far our QB has not lost as as many games as Bentley. Not to mention, our QB has the head to head. With Lynn Bowden, Dorian Baker and Garrett Johnson, our WR's are supposed to be some of the best in the country. I'll take CJ Conrad over Hurst, too.

I would recommend giving that argument up. That is starting to sound as bad as some of their fans. Bentley is far better than Johnson. It's not even close. And Samuel is one of the best in the league. We do lose those two battles by a lot. Overall we have better talent it's just a question of if our OL decides to show up and whether or not we call a play other than the wildcat 40 times in a row.

Last edited:

Ok. KY fans may be the only people on earth who don't think Bentley is better than Johnson.

Reactions: ChristheContractor
Missouri is terrible. They almost lost to their in state directional school before they played SC. NC State almost lost to a rebuilding Marshall team at home. Both of those teams are bad.

There are a lot of similarities between Southern Miss and EKU with Missouri and NC State. No one in the SEC should have issues with Missouri this year and NC State will be decent but not great, similar to either EKU or Southern Miss.

So you are comparing southern miss and Eku to State and Mizzou ? Don't even know where to start with this. I don't think any of the teams are great but those teams are not comparable.

Samuel probably would, the others would for some teams, dont think Hurst would be a sure thing to start at UK, Moore pre injury would, hasn't shown the same yet this year. But offensively you haven't shown you can take the ball and make a drive, without the kick returns 1-1 is very likely and maybe 0-2. USC has beaten the worst team in the SEC and won a game they lost in every possible way except the one that counted to a team that isn't very good. There is a good chance Carolina can win 7-8 game this year, also a good chance to lose 6-7. Both lines are a work in process, RBs are average at best, a team who keeps Samuel in check has Carolina in trouble.

So living in Columbia gives you an advantage in what? I watched every play of the UK games and watched every play of the SC games. You don't know of a position SC has an advantage in?????? Your comment reminds me of the famous line "Waiter, I'll have what he's having." You blue glasses are obviously fogged up a little. But we'll see Saturday I guess.

"I actually think this may be one of the worst KY teams I've seen in 10 years."

not sure you watch much football.. this may be the dumbest statement I have seen.. ever.

I also think most outside of our programs would take Muschamp and his staff over Stoops and his staff, but I will call that a push as well for now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT