ADVERTISEMENT

E.J. autograph tour

ncaaky

All-SEC
Gold Member
Jan 3, 2003
I know the players’ autograph tours are a huge money maker for BBN. Would any Rupp Rafters go to his tour if he leaves?

Never understood why grown men ask for teenagers autographs. If u are InThe business of selling them, ok, but otherwise just don’t get it. I stopped that in 6th grade.

Reactions: Sejonesy
No way...Never would seek a player out for it.
I did buy a basketball signed by the 2012 Championship team though.

I mean, we're all on a message board discussing the lives of 19 year olds when we're not discussing their performance in a sport. Lot of folks need to come off their high horse about autographs.

But no, EJ wouldn't get my money for an autograph.

I doubt he would even do one. Heard on MJ show this morning that EJ was on a livestream recently and said that he doesn't know why UK fans are worried about him coming back because we all think he sucks anyway.

I doubt he would even do one. Heard on MJ show this morning that EJ was on a livestream recently and said that he doesn't know why UK fans are worried about him coming back because we all think he sucks anyway.
But people on here say that what we say and post has no effect on our players znd recruits.

Reactions: awf
Back when Pitino was coach I got an autograph on his book for my dad. Then he left for the celts. Fine. Money talks, and its basketball history. Then he went to U6. I burned the book. (True story)

Reactions: drbubba
Those tours are mainly for kids and young people so no I wouldn't and I'm not on twitter so I don't keep up with players in that way either. Reading message boards for players is a slippery slope, some are adored others are second guessed and scrutinized. If that's what he said he's prolly gone but what if he goes to the G league or makes an NBA roster and gets paid and doesn't produce. That's part of being a player when you take that next step, you better have thick skin if being a professional someday if one of your aspirations. Kentucky's is different, most players are loved and admired forever but when you leave a few months after you get here like some have, it's like you were never here.

You guys are nuts. Collecting autographs, if done correctly, isn’t just fun it’s addictive as hell, holds great value, and people love looking at it. I get calls from people all the time wanting to come by and see what I’ve done with my auto’s in my house.

My kids are the cool kids to everyone because their friends love my sht.

It’s a huge hobby and I personally find it weird if you think you’re too good for it. Makes no sense.

It’s okay though. The less doing it the better for the graphers who know what they’re doing.

I mean, we're all on a message board discussing the lives of 19 year olds when we're not discussing their performance in a sport. Lot of folks need to come off their high horse about autographs.

But no, EJ wouldn't get my money for an autograph.

Thank you. These guys are going crazy half the time about their life decisions but getting something sweet signed that actually gives you a return on something is out of bounds and immature? Oooooookay.

Arrogance and stupidity. That’s why I love these guys.

My gf and I were in Somerset a few weeks ago looking at some lake homes and we ate at the mellow mushroom pizza place!

After we’ve been there for a bit, herro walks by. I said to her, hey, there’s Tyler herro. I guess I said it loud enough he heard me. He looked at me, I said best of luck kid.

He nodded and said thanks!

I thought, well, that was pretty cool. Only to find out he was there doing a signing.

Had no clue! So no, I have never been an autograph seeker.

Reactions: drew_ukfan
Do you follow any of them on twitter ?
Never understood why grown men ask for teenagers autographs. If u are InThe business of selling them, ok, but otherwise just don’t get it. I stopped that in 6th grade.

I tend to agree but we’re all a bunch of grown men here on this board who have thousands upon thousands of comments about teenagers.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
You guys are nuts. Collecting autographs, if done correctly, isn’t just fun it’s addictive as hell, holds great value, and people love looking at it. I get calls from people all the time wanting to come by and see what I’ve done with my auto’s in my house.

It’s a huge hobby and I personally find it weird if you think you’re too good for it. Makes no sense.

It’s okay though. The less doing it the better for the graphers who know what they’re doing.

Don’t think I’m too good for it. I just don’t put people on pedestals and I think that’s what autographs represent. I understand the collecting aspect of it, I used to college vintage baseball cards for the history and artwork. Modern cards, not so much as it’s all about getting a 19 year olds autograph that they took .1 of a second to sign and there’s thousands available.

To be perfectly honest, there’s no man on earth I’d stand in line to meet, just not my thing. I love the Reds and have been a Votto fan since his debut (remember watching with my dad). If someone told me that he’s across the road, I would have zero interest in going. I have nothing to say to him and getting him to sign something seems silly.

What about all the teams that didn't invite him to either combine? Is he going to not go to the NBA because they think he sucks too?

If he doesn't want to go back to UK because he's sensitive and wants to take a shot at the fans that supported him during a lackluster year coming off the bench, then just leave. :victory: Next man up. Somehow UK will survive without his 3-4ppg.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Don't do those tours either and never understood the big deal about them but everyone has their own things I guess. Definitely would not go to one bt EJ. Maybe a title winning team only or a special Maker's bottle signing. Those have more meaning to me.

Reactions: bbncal02
Nope. I wouldn’t walk across the street for anyone’s autograph on this planet
Same. Unless you're actually planning to re-sell an autograph for a profit, they're pointless. And if you're trying to re-sell one you paid for on a tour, then you're clueless :)

Reactions: drew_ukfan
I don’t care how old I get, if I like a player, I would at least like to meet them. Having player autographs is kinda of a cool thing if you really like a certain player.

I like EJ. But he should stay and if he bolts early it will hurt my opinion of him a little bit.

I don’t get all the hate for some of the people due to age. If I could’ve had the chance to get Ulis’s autograph for my 60 year old mother to brighten her day? I’d have stood hours to do that. Do some fans take it to the creepy level? Sure. But what’s the big deal with just meeting a player: “Hey UK_Player, I really liked your hustle last year, etc. May I have you autograph for my UK collection? Thanks!” shakes hand moves on with life*. Now if you do that at say a public place where they are just minding their own business- that’s a little weird. But if it’s at an event or you happen to bump into them and strike up a natural conversation? Big deal.

It sounds genuine and not creepy at all.
To each his own I guess.

Don’t think I’m too good for it. I just don’t put people on pedestals and I think that’s what autographs represent. I understand the collecting aspect of it, I used to college vintage baseball cards for the history and artwork. Modern cards, not so much as it’s all about getting a 19 year olds autograph that they took .1 of a second to sign and there’s thousands available.

To be perfectly honest, there’s no man on earth I’d stand in line to meet, just not my thing. I love the Reds and have been a Votto fan since his debut (remember watching with my dad). If someone told me that he’s across the road, I would have zero interest in going. I have nothing to say to him and getting him to sign something seems silly.

Like I said, I don’t feel that you’re fully understanding what this is about.

Card collecting is as good as its ever been if you know what you’re doing. But you have to know what you’re doing or it will seem pointless. Base cards for artwork are still in high demand depending on what it is. It’s not like it used to be of course. People aren’t going to shell out thousands for a base card printed 5 million times. Lol.

Autograph collecting is not only fun and addicting, but it’s valuable. If you know what you’re doing it can turn into something I just don’t think you’re realizing.

No one is idolizing anything. You spend more time talking about these kids for free than I do collecting something tangible worth value and looks great.

I grew up in it. My family has great collections and mine has turned out great. This board is the only place where I’ve found this sort of arrogance toward the hobby. Everywhere else I go I hear none of this. Rafters. Yea.

You’re telling me that you think I’m weird (whatever) for hanging a 2012 championship UK final four banner that hung in the super-dome that’s signed by the entire team (7 feet tall) ??????? That sht is the bomb dawg, and every UK fan I’ve ever met has begged me to sell it. There’s not another.

I have a random team signed UK electric guitar that I can’t take anywhere to get signed without people begging me to sell. People love this sht. Bold thick silver paint autos on a beautiful UK custom electric blue guitar. I’m getting a bit hard as I’m talking about it.

But yea we’re just not going to agree here until you come with me to the right places and do this. When you can experience it then tell me this is just stupid and weird I’ll shut up.

But here’s the thing Drew. When me and you go back up to our hotel room and spread out about 10,000 dollars of the most unique and bad ass / unique items on the bed and you can still say this is just not for me, I’ll believe you. It’s not gonna happen though.

The problem is most people simply don’t understand how to do it. I don’t get a friggin 8x10 signed of Daniel Orton. There’s an art form to the hobby and it’s far from stupid or weird. It’s a multi billion dollar industry.

Yeah I don’t understand the hate autographs get on this board. No one here is above getting an athlete’s autograph. If it’s not for you then it’s not for you. It’s not weird for others to enjoy it.

I haven’t gotten many autographs but would love to get more whenever I build up my memorabilia collection.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Yeah I don’t understand the hate autographs get on this board. No one here is above getting an athlete’s autograph. If it’s not for you then it’s not for you. It’s not weird for others to enjoy it.

I haven’t gotten many autographs but would love to get more whenever I build up my memorabilia collection.

You need some?

Agreed. I find it sorta funny when people will be like “ umm?? Autograph? No, I’m a grown man i don’t need autographs from teenagers “ then you look at their comment history and they have thousands of comments and posts about teenagers

Edit-> that being said, No i personally wouldn’t pay for an autograph from EJ.

PJ? Tyler? Fox? Monk? Wall? Twins etc? Yeah maybe

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT